The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Sometimes men still do it better > Comments

Sometimes men still do it better : Comments

By Bettina Arndt, published 9/6/2023

The constant crowing about women's triumphs denies the reality of territory where men excel.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All
CM

Free association…the state of mind where all thoughts are considered unfettered and equally important.
From this state of mind, anything is possible irrespective of its impracticality and logical sense.

In this state we now find ourselves as a society in the Democratic West.
Whereas in the Eastern block such as Communist China, such free thought is ruthlessly suppressed and for good reason.

An unfettered mind is a dangerous weapon and in conflict with an ordered society!

For this reason alone the march of “equality” should be considered in terms of its danger to the ordered society and ruthlessly suppressed, if an ordered and safe society is indeed desired. It seems to me the choices are fast diminishing.

I like your reference to the ordered society and its counterpart in the animal kingdom.
Sharks for example, seperate themselves into two distinct groups as a fundamental to survival and safety and efficiency of the procreation imperative.

Sydney harbour is home to the bull shark male, while the female component is safely separated in major east coast estuaries, (I won’t nominate).

You’re on the ball too with you military analogy. The fact ignored in our mad new world of equality is the fundamental of warfare. Wars are fought with the male dominant of our species, and the major prize is the capture of the female of the enemy as prize for the risk.
All of history tells us that.
Posted by diver dan, Monday, 12 June 2023 7:43:11 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thanks Diver Dan.
Posted by Canem Malum, Monday, 12 June 2023 8:44:41 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Diver Dan

I repeat:

“I’d be happy to “fire back” at any other points you’d care to make that are expressed coherently and do not consist of mere insults.”

Hasbeen

I did read your post. My point was your double standard – when a government run by a woman is incompetent, you blame gender; when a government run by a man is incompetent, you do not.

Canem Malem

I agree with you (unusually!) that biology affects not only physical differences (besides the obvious reproductive ones) between men and women, but also psychology and social behaviour. But biological determinism which asserts that differing gender roles are purely a product of biology is as ideologically extreme as arguing that biology doesn’t matter at all. Both nature and nurture matter.

I think we can best navigate these issues using fundamental liberal values – equal rights, freedom of choice, and meritocracy.

Equal rights means that no one should be denied access (or given privileged access) to jobs, resources, government benefits or legal entitlements because of their gender.

Freedom of choice means that anyone can choose to attempt any job or social role they want. If more women than men choose to be the primary carer of their infant child, that’s fine. If more men than women want to be engineers, that’s fine too. But men should be able to take paternity leave, and women should be able to become engineers.

Meritocracy means we apply the same criteria to men and women in determining who gets a position, based on the requirements of the job. So even if more women than men want to become paratroopers, only the ones who meet the physical and other requirements should be recruited.

My exception to these general rules is where biology has significant and material effects on outcomes. So I think trans women should not be allowed to compete against cis women in elite sport if their size and strength give them an unfair advantage, but a trans man should be able to join the Australian men’s cricket or rugby team, provided they are good enough.
Posted by Rhian, Monday, 12 June 2023 1:37:41 PM
Posted by Rhian- "I think we can best navigate these issues using fundamental liberal values – equal rights, freedom of choice, and meritocracy. "

Answer- I think that John Locke's Liberalism was wrong- especially how they have been applied in the so called modern age.

But at least Rhian admits that men and women think differently- and this could have an impact on their role in society.

Anyway each society needs to decide for themselves what is good for them- and not have their sovereignty subverted in the name of arbitrary "benevolent" principles that they had no or limited stakeholdership in deciding. Modern Liberalism seemingly an evil coalition of mostly Communists and global business authoritarians (see the dictatorship of Big IT) seems more about power than about freedom or stability or fairness- they seem to want to destroy Anglo people in the name of anti-racism.

I may have more comments on this post later.
Posted by Canem Malum, Monday, 12 June 2023 6:14:50 PM
In 1971 I sold a house in Sydney for $30,000, now its value is about $4 million.
The numbers are still increasing and the increase of so-called inflation is now having serious impact, the causes and solutions of which have not been formally studied and publicly reported.

The increase in cost of food and also Reserve Bank rates and all other increase in staple food and living cost is ALL adding to and causing inflation.

Fish used to be a staple food. Consider the cost of fresh local fish now in 2023.
Amino acid is an essential daily nutrient, unaffordable for a rapidly increasing number of consequently disease-impacted people.

More money is spent every day on food than on any other commodity, yet the Reserve Bank has no scientific evidence of world ocean seafood depletion and shortfall in supply amid increased demand locally and/or worldwide.
Present RBA policy is therefore unbalanced and is adding to inflation,
Posted by JF Aus, Tuesday, 13 June 2023 10:17:28 AM
JF

Would the wondrous world of the reserve bank consider suggesting those who moved into shared accommodation as the hedge to sky high rents, consider making a suggestion those same strugglers breed frogs and eat tadpoles replacing unaffordable staples, such as fish and meat?
Posted by diver dan, Tuesday, 13 June 2023 7:09:37 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy