The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Penny Wong’s world view: AUKUS all the way > Comments

Penny Wong’s world view: AUKUS all the way : Comments

By Binoy Kampmark, published 21/4/2023

The anti-China hawks, talons polished, got their fill. The US State Department would not be disturbed. The Pentagon could rest easy. The toadyish musings of the Canberra establishment would continue to circulate in reliable staleness.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
“The proposed anglo/celtic concept of governance by way of an Anglosphpere is no more than wishful thinking concocted on the back of ignorance.”

Well as I mentioned, it was proposed or predicted by Robert Conquest, one of the most consequential historians of the 20th century. Yeah, so obviously born out of ignorance!!

Clearly ignorance is involved and I’m pretty sure I know whence it came.
Posted by mhaze, Sunday, 23 April 2023 6:41:01 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The problem with America is not only it’s losing streak at wars of its own creation, but the Democrats crimes against its own citizens.

There is a desperate need for the return of Trump. At that point , God willing, the world can breath a sigh of relief!
Posted by diver dan, Monday, 24 April 2023 6:53:10 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Anglosphpere... Lol
- Any brochure you pick up these days has a 'typical' male Australian as an African, and a 'typical' female Australian as a Chinese.
You couldn't put 'actual' white Australians on there, because it would be deemed 'racist' and 'insensitive' to all the 'foreign-born Australian' people, and not in line with a UN / multicultural ideology and narrative.
Don't you know the needs of refugees and immigrants come before the needs of white Australians?
- So when you say 'Anglosphere', I honestly don't know what the hell you're talking about.

All Wars Are Bankers Wars
http://youtu.be/BrKf9nYeXT0
Posted by Armchair Critic, Monday, 24 April 2023 10:11:28 PM
"The problem with America is not only it’s losing streak at wars of its own creation"

"Well I think Kuwait (1990) will be surprised to hear that. OTOH Saddam (2003) will be relieved by the news. Oh, and there was that little kerfuffle called The Cold War (you might have heard of it...it was in all the papers!!) which the US won rather handily.

You don't have to be total ignorant of history to write as Diver Dan writes....but it helps."

AC,

"So when you say 'Anglosphere', I honestly don't know what the hell you're talking about"

Well its got nothing to do with the way people look. Struth!! !!

As I explained earlier, its about a grouping of nations that have inherited and adhere to the notions of British liberalism developed over the centuries and delivered to the world - rule of law, free trade in goods and ideas, freedom of thought and religion. the entire legacy of British thought from Burke to Smith and all inbetween. The things that make Australia what it is and without which Australia would be a very different and inferior place.

(Anticipating your a-historic response, to be sure these notions aren't adhered to fully or perfectly. But they do form an ideal and a guide to how a just and productive society works)

"All Wars Are Bankers Wars"

Well I watched your silly little video. A bunch of cherry-picked quotes that only make sense to people whose historic knowledge is severely lacking. The notion that Hitler was forced into war because British bankers wanted it is too laughable for words and could only be believed by those who have an extremely rudimentary knowledge of the causes of that and all other wars.

Let's see:

Sino-Soviet War .... caused by bankers?
Sino-Vietnam war .... caused by bankers?
Somehow the myriad wars before there were bankers were nonetheless caused by bankers!!

Youtube and the like can be extremely useful tools, but can also be used to totally mislead those who come to it with little knowledge and an over-abundance of credulity.
Posted by mhaze, Tuesday, 25 April 2023 10:18:34 AM
By 'Anglosphere' did you mean this?
http://twitter.com/vrosen11/status/1650296029798096898
Posted by Armchair Critic, Tuesday, 25 April 2023 2:06:50 PM
No....I fail to see how you could get that so wrong.

BTW was the Sino-Vietnam war a banker's war?
Posted by mhaze, Wednesday, 26 April 2023 8:38:45 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy