The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Wennesland & Guterres stay mum on Hashemite Kingdom of Palestine > Comments

Wennesland & Guterres stay mum on Hashemite Kingdom of Palestine : Comments

By David Singer, published 24/1/2023

No mention that Jordan, the PLO and Hamas have already agreed to revised terms of the Saudi Solution that could possibly expedite a signed peace agreement in 2023.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
Where the author writes "continue to ignore" - Not surprising.

Israel is well and truly organised to look after its own interests without UN help. Israel prefers the US to arbitrate or to take Israel's side.

Could the UN's avoidance of Israel's wishes by related to events like this? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations_Interim_Force_in_Lebanon#History

"In 1996 south Lebanon was bombarded by the Israeli army, airforce and navy for seventeen days. According to Amnesty International during the 1996 bombardment UNIFIL [UN Peacekeeper] compounds and vehicles came under Israeli aircraft or artillery fire 270 times.[19] This included the shelling of the Fijian UNIFIL compound near Qana where 102 villagers sheltering were killed."

++++++++++++++++

Is this relevant enough for you Yuyutsu?
Posted by Maverick, Wednesday, 25 January 2023 7:40:27 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Maverick,

«Is this relevant enough for you Yuyutsu?»

Technically your account touches on the subject so I will not recommend your post for deletion.

Nevertheless, yours is a remote speculation driven on the wings of fantasy and wool-gathering over the word 'ignore', or trying to read a coffee-cup to find some great historical significance in trivial nuisances.

Essentially, this article is not about Israel, the US or the UN, but about how some mentally disturbed lawyer, having received communications from Archangel Gabriel, tried to bother everyone with his delusional obsessions, including some high-ranking UN officials, including by posing as a journalist and by making threats, then about his frustration and anger when their staff did the right thing and directed his messages to the junk folder where they belong.

And while we are here:

«Israel prefers the US to arbitrate or to take Israel's side.»

Neither Israel nor the so-called "Palestinians" want anyone to arbitrate. Part of their game is to call on the Americans to "help" so they can say "we tried", knowing well that the useless Americans will do nothing to interfere with their game (this reminds me of a scene in some film I once saw, where a loving couple goes out to the desert to happily play out a rape-fantasy and this foolish fellow stumbles on them and tries to disturb their love-making style by "saving" her).
Posted by Yuyutsu, Thursday, 26 January 2023 6:04:07 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thanks Yuyutsu

For accepting my kind invitation for you to comment on my comment.

Yes you are correct in concurring «Israel prefers the US to arbitrate or to take Israel's side.» in part because the US sends to Israel US$Billions/yearly in tied military aid http://www.bbc.com/news/57170576

BTW: Technically your account touches on the subject so, unlike you, I won't go crying to teacher, in recommending that Your comment be deleted.

Have a loyal Australia Day ;)

Your Headmaster
Posted by Maverick, Thursday, 26 January 2023 8:10:42 AM
Dear Maverick,

«Yes you are correct in concurring «Israel prefers the US to arbitrate or to take Israel's side.»

So far so good.

«in part because the US sends to Israel US$Billions/yearly in tied military aid»

This is not the reason I gave, nor a statement I agree with.

The reason I gave, is that the US is useless, is impotent, thus Israel is not afraid that anything might happen as a result of their "arbitration".

Israel wants everything to remain the same, and so do the so-called "Palestinians", who can also conveniently gesture with their palms up that nothing happens "because of the Americans".

In future, if you like to discuss with me about Israel, the Middle-East and the like, I would appreciate if you do so elsewhere, away from this author's articles.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Thursday, 26 January 2023 6:55:10 PM
Yes, sure, Yuyutsu.

I'd like to discuss Israeli-MidEast-US affairs with you "elsewhere, away from this author's articles."

Cheers Mavs
Posted by Maverick, Thursday, 26 January 2023 8:51:02 PM
What's to say, other than what we already know?
Posted by Special Delivery, Sunday, 29 January 2023 9:25:48 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy