The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Elizabeth the Great > Comments

Elizabeth the Great : Comments

By Mal Fletcher, published 12/9/2022

Queen Elizabeth saw her role as a vocation rather than a profession. She will be remembered not just for the position she held, but for the person she was.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
I'm sorry but this lady was just another human being! And the worship others conferred on her is not universally shared by all Ozzies.

Can't look at the tele without some boorish individual with a snobbish plum in mouth, going bananas over someone they and we just saw in passing, nothing else.

I for one will be glad when all the last century, ritualistic pomp, circumstance and the hugely overdone fanatical fuss is finally done! The Queen of England is dead, long live the King of England!

Let's get on with the burial, the funeral and get back to important stuff like the footy!

RIP Elizebeth11. And bring on the republic!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Monday, 12 September 2022 10:50:30 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Queen Elizabeth II
Was such a well-known face
Although she lived so far away
She's someone we embraced

She lived to a ripe old age
Ninety six to be exact
She saw so many changes
Not all she could adapt

However she did her very best
And in her job she thrived
For which her people were so keen
To have her stay alive

Finally the time did come
When sadly her husband died
She suddenly had to cope alone
Without him by her side

It wasn't easy but she tried
To soldier on against the tide
Until her health just flickered out
And she was covered with a shroud

The Queen is dead and we all mourn
Our monarch's left us all forlorn
And in her place her son will reign
King Charles III is now his name

It's a time of mourning across the realms
A different ruler is at the helm
May he be as dedicated to the cause
As dedicated as his mother was

Then with one voice
We'll gladly sing
Out loud and glorious
"God Save Our Precious King!"

The Australian people will decide in which direction they
will want the country to go. Whether to stay as is or become
a republic. At present we all mourn the passing of a monarch
that most of us grew up with. This is not the time to discuss
the question of a republic. Let the Queen be buried first.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 12 September 2022 1:28:54 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yes of course, let her be buried first, but as a human being we knew from a public persona only! And a role she was good at! But she was, after all, just a (privileged) woman not a deity. And we need to keep that mind. As we touch our forelocks and bend a knee.

Let her be buried with all the pomp and ceremony that behooves a Queen. Then move on.

We Irish remembers the English for the black and tans and the mass transportation of political prisoners to the other side of the world, those that survived that is. And the then monarch, Victoria, signed off on that. And caused the greatest forced exodus and dispossession the Irish have ever known!

As for Charles the turd as we Irish would say it. One cannot polish a turd.

And this cheating immoral turd was the catalyst that led to Princes Diana's death. Something I'll never forget!

Once all the royal BS is done, let's have a referendum that asks just 2 questions. Should first nation peoples have a voice in parliament, and do we want to be a republic?

To be fair I never suggested we shouldn't bury the Queen first! And Foxy sweetheart, I take umbrage to the inference I did!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Monday, 12 September 2022 5:09:35 PM
Oh Alan B. You are a very naughty boy.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Onya Foxy

You are OLO's premier poet
And we know it.

I'd like to add

Young Queensy Babe adorns my wall*
My bone for her was never small.

* http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/H1sAAOSw6YxiSdlk/s-l500.jpg

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

I already have a bone to pick with Bonny King Charlie.

As I've communiquade elsewhere:

I see Charlie naming himself "King Charles III" as a huge missed opportunity.

I recall that years ago Charlie half jokingly entertained another name for a short time.

That was "KING ARTHUR" on account of Charlie's real name being "Charles Philip Arthur George"

The mythological King Arthur, notionally lived somewhere in modern day Wales, with his Court of Camelot, complete with his Knights of the Round Table. This would have:

- made excellent journalistic copy for decades.

- placed King Arthur in the fine tradition of JFK's "Court of Camelot".

And, most importantly, all we stout hearted Monarchis Aussies could, as one, ditch the Girt Song for this massive improvement http://youtu.be/SLYxPpr5JtM

Mavers
Posted by Maverick, Monday, 12 September 2022 5:11:04 PM
Aian,
One can polish a turd and I have a couple that came up really well, and no smell at all.

As we Irish say “Maith tu a Cathal”. Welcome
Posted by Is Mise, Monday, 12 September 2022 7:01:35 PM
The Australian people will decide in which direction they
will want the country to go.
Foxy,
I'm afraid the Australians will be outnumbered in that decision as they already are on so many issues !
I agree wit Alan B what he says about the romp & pomp ! Too bad he brought dumbo Footy into this !
Posted by Indyvidual, Monday, 12 September 2022 9:31:48 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy