The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The Maybe Mob and the Rushdie attack > Comments

The Maybe Mob and the Rushdie attack : Comments

By Binoy Kampmark, published 26/8/2022

As Wood writes , the honourable response to the attack on Rushdie would have been to admit a failure to protect a brave author and declare 'that we are all Rushdie now'.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
as someone who died and returned as a witness!
Alan B,
Jeez, is it really you ?
Ok, so whatya gonna do about all this evil ? How can we sort the brainwashers from the brainwashed so as to eventually put a stop to the stupidity that brings so much evil ?
Posted by Indyvidual, Saturday, 27 August 2022 11:50:13 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Poor O’l Al…

“Nothing new under the sun “.

While you pillory the important role of Christianity in determining who and where you actually are now, you totally avoid the obvious similarities between the usurper of Christianity and the usurper of education, the executive arm.

Church was the State in the historic times you refer, as now the elitist output of universities determines who and what the current State is: And this situation has an equally urgent necessity to be overthrown using your own moral yardstick, and if life can return to something approaching normal human existence in an ordered and fair society, which is far from true under the thrall of the University “Papalrazzi”, the morality vandals currently.

Give me the Pope any day, at the least the rules of life were written in a book making more sense than the alternative of moral ineptitude and social destitution, dreamed up as it goes along.

And I’d suggest you go to the most fundamental of history lessons, and study the whole of the Crusades for a more nuanced view of their outcomes. Seriously Al, judging by your stated view of history, you lack the fundamental of a sixth class education!

Dan.
Posted by diver dan, Saturday, 27 August 2022 3:56:15 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Give me the Pope any day, at the least the rules of life were written in a book making more sense
diver dan,
I'm no fan of religion whatsoever & if I had my way it'd be banned in public. However, the crowd that has a Pope as the grand Poobah has shown in the past two centuries that they've learnt from their stuff-ups regarding human Rights.
The other lot is still hell-bent on making stuff-ups. Hopefully, they'll come to the senses before too long. They do have some very good points with basic discipline which the Cross crowd is lacking but in general the Pope's mob is more humane in other ways.
Religion has caused as many if not more wars than politics but in the West it is greed & incompetence that ruins everything whilst the other lot revels in watching others suffering for no other reason than have the whole World under their one yoke.
Posted by Indyvidual, Saturday, 27 August 2022 6:48:59 PM
Dear Indyvidual,

«I don't know anything about this book other than it upset Muslims. Could you just give a couple of those examples you didn't approve of ?»

I don't remember much, it was perhaps 30 years ago that I read it and I didn't keep that book. I vaguely remember that there was lots about smelly farts and other boyish/juvenile compulsive mention of sexual organs in grotesque positions, just a dirty book. It was most unpleasant reading, I was waiting for the point of it, for some message, but it never came.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Sunday, 28 August 2022 10:54:11 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy