The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The UNSC is in desperate need of comprehensive reforms > Comments

The UNSC is in desperate need of comprehensive reforms : Comments

By Alon Ben-Meir, published 14/6/2022

The UNSC has failed to maintain international peace and security which was its intended purpose. What it needs now is comprehensive reforms to make it relevant again.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
"Not to mention the recent Russian losses of a ship, three gas rigs, a refinery and the import restrictions to Kaliningrad."

The attack on the rigs was likely a diversion whilst they attampted a second attack on Snake Island, and the attack on the refinery was a suicide drone.
The attack on snake island was unsuccessful. I'm not 100% sure the rescue tugboat Spasatel Vasily Bekh was sunk or not, but it was definitely badly damaged.
A US RQ-4 global hawk drone was also used.

The blockade in Kaliningrad is to try and goad Russia into doing something stupid to justify bringing NATO into the conflict I think.

I'm becoming increasingly concerned this will end up in nuclear war.
I get my info from a range of different sources fyi.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Saturday, 25 June 2022 7:54:21 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I'm not sure the west wants Ukraine to win, but to draw Russia into a larger war against NATO.

If you actually want a really good understanding on the background of how things have gotten to this point watch this.

Ukraine war | An unmitigated disaster | John Mearsheimer
http://youtu.be/FRDt2NWmlV4
Posted by Armchair Critic, Saturday, 25 June 2022 8:12:59 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
AC,

One of the main objectives of the US is to bleed Russia's army dry. And the constant losses of men and equipment are doing just that. All this while the US with its drones and satellites is providing a constant stream of information on the Russian military and supplies.

Already Russia has lost about 1/3 of its modern tanks, IFVs, MLRSs and self-propelled howitzers along with about the same killed or wounded experienced troops. As this happens Ukraine is supplied with more and more sophisticated weapons.

Snake Island is becoming a killing ground for Russian ships and personnel. The harpoon missile range extends well beyond the island and the new rocket systems can easily hit anywhere on the island. The Russian soldiers have lost their air cover and have nowhere to hide or escape.

With the Russian army 100% engaged in Ukraine, Putin can only respond with vague threats to Lithuania as any military action against NATO countries would be swatted.
Posted by shadowminister, Sunday, 26 June 2022 6:35:58 AM
"One of the main objectives of the US is to bleed Russia's army dry."

Obviously they are making some headway, but they aren't doing a particularly great job.

Day of Disaster for Ukraine in Donbass, UK Military Think Tank Confirms US Unable to Re-Arm Ukraine
http://youtu.be/ZqXC22fRCBE

Do they care about hurting Russians, or using Ukrainians as cannon fodder?

"All this while the US with its drones and satellites is providing a constant stream of information on the Russian military and supplies."

Ukraine had 650,000 troops while Russia sent in a force of 200000.
Who's winning? Do you Russians being pushed back.

All of Ukraines trained troops are mostly already destroyed and they are down to untrained territorial units.
It's now a slaughter, given Russia outguns them in artillery at a rate above 10 to 1.

Snake Island is becoming a killing ground for Russian ships and personnel.
No its not, it's a barren little outpost, and Ukraine pays dearly every time they try to take it.
http://militarywatchmagazine.com/article/ukrainian-forces-take-heavy-losses-in-failed-assault-on-snake-island-eight-manned-aircraft-downed
Last week, Russia got the pox and bombed Dnipro and killed 50 high ranking Generals and officers.
http://www.republicworld.com/world-news/russia-ukraine-crisis/russia-kills-dozens-of-ukrainian-generals-and-officers-with-missile-attack-near-dnipro-articleshow.html

"The harpoon missile range extends well beyond the island and the new rocket systems can easily hit anywhere on the island. The Russian soldiers have lost their air cover and have nowhere to hide or escape."

Russia's got 3 layers of air defense, and their best is unmatched by any other army in the world.
They've just deployed and tested S-400 in Crimea, though snake Island is some distance away from Crimea but their ships stationed near have air defense.
They will repair and rebuild the radar and air defenses on Snake Island.

I said at the time I didn't think a Harpoon missile sank the Moskva.
- And I was probably right about it.
http://youtu.be/xwJgovyA_3U
Posted by Armchair Critic, Sunday, 26 June 2022 1:46:09 PM
"With the Russian army 100% engaged in Ukraine, Putin can only respond with vague threats to Lithuania as any military action against NATO countries would be swatted."

Actually the EU is already in damage control over that.
Lithuania relies on Russia for power, and they can just turn it off if they choose.
- Seems there's a little blame game going on at the moment.

http://www.politico.eu/article/europe-official-scramble-de-escalate-tension-kaliningrad-russia-lithuania/

Watch that Alexander Mercuro video I posted in my last comment.
It's quite long but lots of info.
The US doesn't have the industrial power to build and match what Russia is already using.
- And they have no chance of matching Chinas industrial power.

Did you know Albanese got the OK to buy US weapons a couple of days ago.
America will turn our country into Ukraine, if our politicians are dumb enough to go down that path.
http://youtu.be/391k4TYmkME
Posted by Armchair Critic, Sunday, 26 June 2022 1:54:40 PM
Aidan Aslin EXECUTION Going Head, UK Remains Silent
http://youtu.be/QbpwDQ6B99c

I will say though that I don't like this issue becoming political.
- Though I understand why, they want to stop all foreigners from joining against Ukraine and they're making it political to try to force UK to recognise DPR and LPR.
I think they should probably be imprisoned and not executed, but a lot of Russians and citizens in LPR and DPR are angry and have paid a huge price, so there's not much sympathy going around at the moment.

Aiden Aslin also fought for the Kurds as a mercenary of sorts before he went to Ukraine.
- But hes said he's deeply sorry for what he's done, and even offered to help rebuild the damage and that if he'd known how Ukrainian army acted that he wished he'd fought for the DPR and LPR instead.
Beyond that, he's probably worth more alive than dead, but the UK wants to stay silent on the matter, and is helping to force DPR to make a point with his execution.

They may have captured a lot more foreigners from the Azot chemical factory in Severodonetsk in the last day or 2 as well.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Sunday, 26 June 2022 2:15:39 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy