The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Israel & Jordan need to negotiate on Trump 2020 Peace Plan > Comments

Israel & Jordan need to negotiate on Trump 2020 Peace Plan : Comments

By David Singer, published 19/1/2022

'The Trump administration's peace plan is a significant and historic milestone indeed. Immediately after the elections, I will work toward implementing it ...'

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Having grown up in another one of the medias's popular "civil war playgrounds", I empathize with the Irseals/Poalestinians /Jordanians. Much like the British, the USA seem to be held resposnsible for sorting these internal conflicts. While many may belive that Uncle Bill Clinton and his Ambassadoor sorted out the "Irish situation" with flawed/weak "Agreemebnt", in reality, this issue remains unresolved and if anything, the deep Unionist/Republican distrust is even stronger.

With Israel/Palestine issue, The US can apply pressure, but in reality it will have to resolved within the Middle East powers. Trumps' plan has one GREAT failing, namely that it is reoffered to with his name attached. Trump did not conceive or write the paln, his advisors/mentors did. It seems to have much merit ( nothing will ever satisfy extremists like Hamas radicals), and indeed some of the more influential Middle East leaders are showing signs that it might be time for them to step up and help.

Two things always come for conflicts like Ulster/Republic of Ireland and Israel/Palestine civil conflicts occur. First INNOCENTS DO DIE! Second, the world media (usually on the side of the " oppressed Irish or Palestinian") will be there FUELLING the FIRE.

A controversial comedian in UK whose father was shot makes a glib, but pertinent one liner on this.... " Oh god, Kate Aidie has arrived in Belfast",... ie, now the BBC's top war correspondent was in town, hide in your homes, because that means there will be trouble in the streets. Is no coincidence that terrorists have threatened and even killed journalists.... its because they cause trouble if it will make a good front-page story!

The author of this opinion is correct, why not let those whose lifes are dependent on it sort it out. Biden's administrations repulsion of all things Trump ( even his warp-drive vaccine succeess). The last thing the Israel/Palestine issue needs is Biden et all doing their anti Trump tantrum, fuelled by BBC/CNN/ABC journos looking for professional glory awards!
Posted by Alison Jane, Wednesday, 19 January 2022 8:41:35 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Singers obsession with defending the wealthy landlord. Obscene.

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Wednesday, 19 January 2022 11:36:31 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Trump's "peace" plan was always and only a crock!
Posted by Daffy Duck, Wednesday, 19 January 2022 12:08:05 PM
I believe the occupiers and the occupied alone need to resolve this. And until they do the international embargo on Israeli goods and service exports needs to remain and ramp up and up!

It is said, you can force a horse to water but you can't make him drink. But if he is thirsty enough, neither a hail of shell or shot will stop him stampeding toward it! Water and its inexhaustible supply that is the real key to real peace!

Not regurgitated garbage, David.
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Wednesday, 19 January 2022 12:12:58 PM
Ah the whine of "pseudo intellectual elites", louder then the old jokes about why the whines still occurred after the engines shutoff from the 747 QF-1 flight from london,.. cos the Poms where on board... ha ha, tee, heee...".

You guys have NEVER BEEN in a war zone, where bombs and bullets kill people, and I doubt you ever will.

have never suffered the impact of their ideology.. Well done you three, you are naive hypocrite, sleep well in you bubbles of security and peace, all so common here when you live in Australian, which Is why I came here and became a law abiding, contributing and hopefully valuable citizen.
Posted by Alison Jane, Wednesday, 19 January 2022 2:22:19 PM
ps... its about time you joined the real violent and sad world of humanity and politics... Maybe then you would realise that your latte coffees, chardonnay/pinot-grigio/prosceto, avocado-toast view of the world is so rose tinted.

Sleep well the sleep of innocents,.. when you have been where those of us who have been, saw what we have seen, actually survived and then moved on and seen the glass half full side of life.... then you can play your silly verbal jibes fights with more than a blank deck of cards. You are such poor bluffers!
Posted by Alison Jane, Wednesday, 19 January 2022 2:37:07 PM
That proposal is horrible for Israel and horrible for Jordan, but why would the author care?

As far as he is concerned, let both people go down the drain so long as he can, without lifting a finger, achieve his anti-Semitic dream of "resolving the [imaginary] 100-years old Arab-Jewish conflict in former Palestine".

Fortunately the author is not the master of the world, only the master of his own dreams!
Posted by Yuyutsu, Wednesday, 19 January 2022 3:25:43 PM
Alison Jane.

Weep for yourself, self pity you keep…but me.

…For each age is a dream that is dying,
Or one that is coming to birth…. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy).

And what would you know anyway?

Dan.
Posted by diver dan, Wednesday, 19 January 2022 7:06:23 PM
I would like to retort... I weep for you... but that would be a waste of words.

For all of you who think terrorism is a valid form of protest...

I have no words to express my contempt AND sympathy for YOU, .. for where you mind lives.. ONE day a teroist might knock n your door... I hope you can explain to them your theory of life and justice!.. sleep well.
Posted by Alison Jane, Wednesday, 19 January 2022 7:29:26 PM
I don’t make the rules Alison Jane, but terrorism is the only form of successful protest.
Outright confrontation with the enemy is an essential ingredient of survival.
If you haven’t learned that you’ve learned nothing of value in life.

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Wednesday, 19 January 2022 10:38:34 PM
" terrorism is the only form of successful protest." SERIOUSLY? Diver DAN?.

Suggest yo seek psycho-counseling, failing that, go to Iran or Afghanistan, Wester Pakistan or Yemen. They will have you for breakfast but at least you will die among fellow terrorist lovers.
Posted by Alison Jane, Thursday, 20 January 2022 11:27:02 AM
This whole saga resolves down to the Occupied and the Occupier.
Which is which ?
The Jews lived in Jerusalem for one or two thousand years BC.
The Arabs lived south in Arabia for at least that sort of time.
Then Mohammad came on the scene and started Islam, about 1400 years ago.
One pillar of Islam is that any land captured by Islamists remains
Islamic land forever, no matter what conflict resolutions are made.
That is why, no resolution to the problem is possible.
Then the Arabs invaded Mesopotamia, Israel, Persia and India.
The existing populations and their religions started a major decline.
The Arab population increased and took over the whole area.
The Islamists cannot make any agreement that surrenders occupied land.
That would be blasphemy of the worse kind and is punishable by death.

So who do you think are the occupiers ? Jews or Arabs ?
Posted by Bazz, Thursday, 20 January 2022 6:42:42 PM
Dear Bazz,

«So who do you think are the occupiers ? Jews or Arabs ?»

Arabs?? What have they to do with all this?

All this occupation thing is an internal Israeli matter, with some non-Israelis, fanatic Jews and Christians also trying to interfere on account of their strange Messianic beliefs that consider the state of Israel to be some kind of a supernatural entity.

It so happens that some native Arabs also live in those areas, but they are powerless and ineffectual, not only politically and militarily but also helpless under their own corrupt leadership. These poor ordinary Arabs (whose leaders sometimes call "Palestinians") were never a side to these troubles. I wish them well (though not their leaders).

Here is the true story - Israeli Jews (I rather call them ex-Israelis because they live outside their country and work against its interests, but officially they still hold Israeli citizenship) attack, beat and wound other Israeli Jews: http://time.news/a-difficult-weekend-of-settler-violence/
Posted by Yuyutsu, Monday, 24 January 2022 7:42:00 AM
Yuyutsu, You are not aware that Mohammad's successor sent the Islamic
armies into Mesopotamia, Israel, Persia and India ?
They occupied those countries and converted the populations at the
point of the sword. They killed a believed about 8 million in India.
Where are the Christians, Zoroastrians etc etc now.
The Angel Gabriel dictated the Koran to Mohammad including the verse
that land once conquered by moslems remains Islamic land forever.

For moslems to discuss ceding any land to infidels is blasphemy.
The stalemate is caused by that verse, and anyone who even discusses
giving up moslem land will be killed.
Posted by Bazz, Monday, 24 January 2022 8:35:11 AM
Dear Bazz,

«The Angel Gabriel dictated the Koran to Mohammad including the verse
that land once conquered by moslems remains Islamic land forever.»

You actually believe that?*@#?!%$#@!?

«For moslems to discuss ceding any land to infidels is blasphemy.»

Not for true Muslims who understand what Saint Muhammad actually taught.

But even for these false Muslims who instead believe in the Koran, ceding land is permissible when they are weak and have no other choice, which very much describes these native Arabs wrongly called "Palestinians".
Posted by Yuyutsu, Monday, 24 January 2022 9:47:06 AM
Don't be silly, of course I do not believe it.
However it is an article of faith for moslems. I was just looking for
the verse number but could not find it.
There are plenty of references in Wikipeadia etc so you can satisfy yourself.
There are plenty of articles about the verse.
How can you negotiate with someone who will be killed if he agrees with you ?
Why else do you think this argument has been going on for 1400 years ?
Why else are Hindus and moslems still fighting in India ?
Posted by Bazz, Monday, 24 January 2022 4:00:04 PM
Dear Bazz,

«Don't be silly, of course I do not believe it.»

Neither do them - most of them anyway, except those who WISH to believe it, for reasons unrelated to religion such as greed, lust, nationalism and political gain.

«However it is an article of faith for moslems.»

Rather for those who believe in the Koran, not for true Muslims who follow the peaceful spirit of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him).

«I was just looking for the verse number but could not find it.»

And Muslims who are uninterested in violence do not find it either.
And if they do happen to bump into such verses, they find the right Sheikh and/or Hadith to interpret them amicably.

First comes the desire for violence, then only the choice of verses and Sheikhs to taste.

You have nothing to fear about true Islam.
You have nothing to fear about certain Islamic streams, such as the Sufis and Ahmadiyyans.
You have nothing to fear about good-hearted peaceful Islamic people.

Jesus warned to fear neither the Pharisees nor the Sadducees, only the hypocrites. Read Matthew 23.

«How can you negotiate with someone who will be killed if he agrees with you ?»

There is presently a Muslim minister in Israel's government, helping his fellow Israeli Muslims. He got there through coalition negotiations. Was he killed?
Posted by Yuyutsu, Tuesday, 25 January 2022 8:16:01 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy