The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > How the football codes in liberal democracies confronted racism > Comments

How the football codes in liberal democracies confronted racism : Comments

By Chris Lewis, published 10/9/2021

Nowhere is the racism in sport issue better understood than in the US given that the African American population has been around 10-12 per cent since 1890.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Most ex-military like myself will tell you that the military is, by and large, colour blind! Indeed my best cobber and trusted mate had dark brown skin And had my back come what may! And was promoted in the ranks with unusual speed given his special skills and competence. On the other hand, the most racist soldier I ever encountered was another member of the same dark-skinned race, who could and would, misread any comment and extract some racist comment that simply wasn't there or intended!

And the latter was a racist who hated the white race with an unjustified passion.

Yes, the clash of cultures saw some atrocities against those who were different! As new settlers were shipped in, some as transportees who had no choice but to accept the relocation and make the best of it as they could!

Here is where I find myself in agreement with LEGO and perceive a level of anti-white racism directed at the white race, just for being white! Albeit, mostly by fair-skinned activists trying it on in the hope that we can guilt trip and pour billions into mostly undeserving pockets?

If reconciliation and recognisance are to get a chance? Then it's the latter and their mostly spurious arguments that need to also go. And be given far less time on the airwaves!

Moreover, automatic bail for repeat young offenders needs to be replaced by juvenile detention in outdoor boot camps and adult prison/rite of passage, replaced by permanent exile!

Don't care if that is not culturally (control freak) correct, just as long as it works!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Saturday, 11 September 2021 11:54:53 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Chris Lewis:

The trouble maker!

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Sunday, 12 September 2021 7:42:58 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
SteeleRedux, the advocate of black empowerment!

Show me the difference between black empowerment and white empowerment.

Your actually the racist by admission!

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Sunday, 12 September 2021 8:07:48 AM
Diver Dan

The ultimate .... head
Posted by Chris Lewis, Sunday, 12 September 2021 8:45:30 AM
You AGREE with me, Alan B?

.....then I must be wrong?
Posted by LEGO, Sunday, 12 September 2021 9:16:01 AM
We need to judge others by the content of their character, not their skin tone.
Alan B.

Are you sure that is what you want Alan? Considering the average of dark skin law breaking is so much higher than for whites, the worst street gangs in oz are from Africa, & other darker folk are the next, if we judge them by their character the verdict will be much worse.
Posted by Hasbeen, Sunday, 12 September 2021 11:01:12 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy