The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The insurgency against big oil > Comments

The insurgency against big oil : Comments

By Binoy Kampmark, published 25/6/2021

While Australian politicians languish in a world blotched by climate change scepticism and fossil fuel love-ins, global oil and gas companies have been shaken.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Hey Binoy. One of the oil companies in the USA got so sick and tired of the leftist hypocrisy that they hit back. When North Face clothing company started mouthing off against oil companies, one of them took out TV adds pointing out that 90% of North Face's raw materials were produced from oil.

You only have to remember the dirt poor Taliban in Afghanistan blowing up the Babayan Buddhas, which could have attracted planeloads of Buddhist pilgrims, to compare today's leftists with the most extreme religious nutcases. They are so enamoured of their ideology that they would happily destroy their own livelihoods to attain it.

So shove your moralizing, Binoy. If you hate coal so much then start sticking up for nuclear power. If you can't manage that you are just a leftist Taliban.
Posted by LEGO, Friday, 25 June 2021 9:27:45 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Shell, could easily make a point by not delivering product in Holland
and closing Shell service stations. With their dominance in their
home market we would hear the screams here.
They can just use their UK office to buy crude anyway.
BP and others would probably not increase deliveries in Holland.
I have not heard if they are to appeal.

I have not heard of any such stupid moves here. Have you ?
Posted by Bazz, Friday, 25 June 2021 10:47:44 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
One would need to be willfully blind and selectively deaf not to fully and comprehensively understand, that fossil fuels have had their day!

And that we need to transition away from these things and the manipulative mongrels who have weaponised secure supplies?

It's not as though there weren't fully electric Alternatives for any vehicle or workhorse! There is and I include tractors and all former diesel-electric variants.

The only bugbear is what fuel are we to transition to provide reliable baseload power 24/7? Only MSR thorium nuclear power fits that bill if you also want carbon-free power all can afford!

Renewables attached to batteries ( the servant chained to heavyweights as he surges through muddy bogs) almost guaranteed to tank the economy!

And I get that advocates don't give a rats about the economy? Just as long as they get their pound of flesh from the reticulated power system!

I predict that not too far into the future, all air traffic will be powered by gravity-defying electric VTL systems as will all space flight and by a new hyperdrive able to accelerate to just under light speed!

All that stands in the way are the renewable/battery troglobites. TBC
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Friday, 25 June 2021 11:48:58 AM
So-called renewable energy runs on taxpayer subsidies. While it is still grudgingly admitted that sun and wind has to rely on fossil fuel as a "backup", the fact is that renewables are a parasite on fossil fuels. Most energy still comes from fossil fuels, and will remain dependent on coal, oil and gas in the foreseeable future - unless nuclear generation is accepted.

Even the word 'renewable' is a lie. While the sun and wind components are obviously renewable and cheap, nobody ever talks about the other input components necessary for sun and wind to be turned into electricity and delivered - none of which are necessarily renewable or cheap.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 25 June 2021 12:18:40 PM
Binoy just what did you study while a Commonwealth Scholar at Selwyn College, Cambridge? Was it philosophy, or perhaps political science? It certainly could not have been physics or math, or even the lefty in you would not have been able to write the bulldust involved in this piece of cr-p.

I may be wrong of course in that. Perhaps lefties can write such rubbish, even when they know that CO2 can not ever produce anything like the heating they attribute to the poor maligned molecule.
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 25 June 2021 2:36:55 PM
Big oil equals George Bush.

I hope he goes to hell!

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Friday, 25 June 2021 10:34:08 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy