The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Wealth advisers as spiritual advisers? > Comments

Wealth advisers as spiritual advisers? : Comments

By Keith Suter, published 13/5/2021

Wealth advisors deal directly with the basic questions of life because wealth now underpins much of what happens in life.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
I have reached a stage in life where I don’t need to ask for much advise, and I am not interested in advice given gratuitously by people not qualified to give it.

We all need fewer advisors sticking their noses in where they don’t belong.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 13 May 2021 10:54:40 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I agree, life has become so much more complicated and governments love changing the rules. It is a sad fact that schools do not teach basic money skills, I have a contract with the SA government to teach money skills to high school students, and I am amazed at the lack of knowledge with tax, superannuation, savings, using a credit card, debt etc. In some schools all the students aspire to is how much dole money can they get!
the a good financial planner will help everyone. Even the most confident can still benefit from speaking to a financial planner, 90% of what people do may be right for them, its the 10% that can get them in trouble financially.
Posted by kirby483, Thursday, 13 May 2021 12:08:26 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
A whole new industry of paper-shuffling parasites: they neither farm nor produce anything - physical or spiritual. Fewer and fewer people therefore have to share the burden of providing all that we need for our survival, health (both material and spiritual) and comfort.

Then even when we finally reach the end of our working day or the end of our working life, still we are not allowed to rest but instead are forced to spend our time studying and applying strategies on how to preserve the fruits of our hard labour.

Now the author is suggesting that we let those who failed us so bitterly, not only steal our time but also our minds!
Posted by Yuyutsu, Thursday, 13 May 2021 12:40:52 PM
Seriously Yuyutsu?

I would like an example how these "paper shufflers" have caused you so much pain.

Most people use a Doctor when sick, a lawyer in legal matters, an accountant for tax and a financial planner for money advice.

Or do you take advice from Dr Phil?
Posted by kirby483, Thursday, 13 May 2021 12:56:04 PM
My parents used financial planners twice. The first time they lost everything they had put into his recommendations. The second time they received no return, & it took 4 years for then to get all their investment out.

I worked for a property trust, running a couple of their properties. They were the darling of financial planners, guaranteeing high returns to investors, & evidently paying high commissions to financial planners.

The marine division, & properties in the Whitsundays were doing OK, but evidently some others weren't. It came as a bit of a shock when a couple of directors were found guilty of using incoming investors money to pay the guaranteed returns, & were going to prison. A lot of retired folk lost money there too.

Pardon me if I stay very well clear of financial advisers, my experience tells me I will be a lot less poor if I do.
Posted by Hasbeen, Thursday, 13 May 2021 3:07:37 PM
. ..an example how these "paper shufflers" have caused you so much pain.
kirby483,
Looks to me like Yuyutsu is talking about real daiiy life !
Posted by individual, Thursday, 13 May 2021 7:40:18 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy