The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Structural racism in Australia today is a nonsense > Comments

Structural racism in Australia today is a nonsense : Comments

By Chris Lewis, published 7/5/2021

At a time when we need analysis that defends the virtues of the liberal democratic experience, we often have simplistic academic analysis that downplays our own social achievements.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Of course it is nonsense, just like all the other self-hating, anti-Western bilge coming from the ultra-left. But, the greatest nonsense of all is the Prime Minister's refusal to fight the culture war. We never get a peep out of him as the luntic fringe tries to drag us down, the latest example being his total silence on the the latest proposals for the education curriculum. The useless, value- free man must be replaced by Peter Dutton quick smart, or we will have a Labor government after the next election, and we won't notice the difference. Bring on Dutton.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 7 May 2021 9:42:25 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It seems that some aboriginal groups. activists etc want it both ways.
They want to stay as they were for the last thousands of years but
dip into the money box when they feel deprived.
The two systems are incompatible, you can live in one or the other
but not both.
Aboriginals have to understand that their previous way of life has
become redundant and they have been dragged kicking and screaming
into the world as it is.
Posted by Bazz, Friday, 7 May 2021 11:18:11 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
To understand the nonsense, we need to understand that their theory, or rather dogma, is simplicity itself.

They simply look to see whether the good things of nature and society are distributed equally among the human population and, finding they aren't, they declare that it's a social injustice, for which the only remedy, to achieve a better society, is rage, divisiveness, double standards, and arbitrary government power without limit or reason poking its nose into every corner of human activity.

These people are anti-social pests. If they kept their opinions to themselves they would be mere fools. But imposing them on everyone else, using the state as their instrument, becomes everyone else's business, and their stupidity becomes criminal.

It was one thing to spout this sh!te before their ideology had been disproved over and over and over again, both in theory and practice, at enormous cost in human deaths and ruination of lives on a grand scale.

To keep doing it now, for corrupt benefits from the state as with the academics and propagandists, or for mere vanity as with the useful idiots, is criminal.

Whip me such knaves..
Posted by Cumberland, Friday, 7 May 2021 11:35:53 AM
Agree with most of this, Chris. Albeit there is a cohort of hard-right white supremists and another cohort of black supremists! The latter seeming to advocate that unborn children need to wear what their forbears did?

And also seem to advocate reverse apartheid? Want credit for what they learned from colonists and others.

Talk about culture as if it were fundamental truth rather than a primitive belief system.

Yes as hunter-gathers, did what they needed to survive, but little else that is noteworthy.

Albeit, oft times, gifted with remarkable memories and intelligence. held back, it would seem, by control-freak, tribal elitism that brooked no dissent!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Friday, 7 May 2021 11:36:16 AM
.. whether the good things of nature and society are distributed equally among the human population..
Cumberland,
Isn't it odd that only the good & desirable things get mentioned in matters equality. Bring up the subject of equal responsibility & effort etc. & all you get is utter silence between contrived bleats of racism !
Posted by individual, Friday, 7 May 2021 3:34:19 PM
I never was racist. In north Queensland we went to primary school with quite a few mixed race kids, both aboriginal & islander. Kids were kids there.

Them in country NSW high school, there were a few mixed race kids. When I played hooker in the school football team, the right prop, & my best mate had some heritage.

Then I spent a fair bit of time in the Pacific islands, where often I was the only white in hundreds of miles. Today however I am becoming a little racist. How could any thinking person not after the Black Rights Matter rubbish in the US, followed by some aboriginals climbing onto the same band wagon.

Any reasonable person will be sympathetic to those disadvantaged through no fault of their own, but like me, will despise any who try to get some advantage from events. Nothing will get me offside more quickly than noisy, unthinking mindless shouting & chanting by any group, interfering with others going about their business.

Every report of BLM type riots put the activists deeper in the list of those deserving punishment, rather than help.
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 7 May 2021 5:38:48 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy