The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The Taiwan test > Comments

The Taiwan test : Comments

By Graham Young, published 22/4/2021

Russia is massing troops on the borders of the Ukraine at the same time the Chinese are increasing their unauthorised flights of military aircraft into Taiwanese airspace. This can't be coincidental.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Foxy,

I think you are reading things incorrectly.

I reckon Biden is willing to throw some countries under the bus if it avoids war with Russia and China and I think the Russians and Chinese are cognizant with Biden's logic.

I think the US will only step in to protect Australia from being invaded by China if mainland USA and its territories are under threat.

I reckon Biden will be thinking "Better Australia than us."
Posted by Mr Opinion, Friday, 23 April 2021 12:36:21 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy, the US withrew the ships that were to go into the Black Sea
because Turkey refused transit through the Bosphoris.
The subsequent withdrawl of Russian troops from the Ukraine border may have been a quid pro quo.
Posted by Bazz, Friday, 23 April 2021 12:40:10 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Bazz,

"...because Turkey refused transit through the Bosphoris."

I don't think that's correct. It would be a huge story if Turkey, a NATO partner, were to side with Russia on this. Instead it seems that Biden simply rescinded the order to send the two ships in following Putin's threats that it would be a bad idea.

Now, it may be that Putin secretly offered to pull back from Ukraine but that's not clear. Even so, he's only pulling back part of his forces and the majority remain a mere day from Kiev.

Overall, another win for Putin. He chases the US out of the Black Sea, closes all Ukrainian ports in the region, and the only thing he gives up is that the implied pressure on Kiev is slightly lifted. In the end, he wants the Donbass and under this president is likely to get it cost-free, just as under Obama he got The Crimea cost-free.
Posted by mhaze, Friday, 23 April 2021 3:35:32 PM
ateday

Please support your assertion with proof.

I agree with you, but haven't had the time to collate all the evidence. It would be a very great help to me and I'd appreciate the effort, greatly.

I always thought Obama was the previous idiot incumbent and the previous sensible incumbent was President Trump.

Trump very sensibly reversed all Obama's idiotic policies.

Is President Trump or Obama responsible for Big Blow Joe's idiotic policies (After all they are the same ones Obama pursued.) as well as Fall Up Joe's senility?

I think you might take a lesson or two, in English expression and comprehension. Look on this as a suggestion as an area for self-improvement.

Cheers.
Posted by imajulianutter, Saturday, 24 April 2021 6:03:38 AM
mhaze

Midterm 2022.
Posted by imajulianutter, Saturday, 24 April 2021 6:13:08 AM
imajulianutter,

HR51
Posted by mhaze, Saturday, 24 April 2021 9:02:28 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy