The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > EU strongarming Australia on CO2 > Comments

EU strongarming Australia on CO2 : Comments

By Alan Moran, published 1/4/2021

The EU has long sought to impose its carbon dioxide abatement policies on the rest of the world. A major setback to this was the Copenhagen climate summit in 2009.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
I support a coal phaseout and penalties on CO2. As an Australian I find Morrison's intransigence and fibbing on emissions to be infuriating. Therefore I say good on the EU for at least trying to break the logjam.

I think it's on the cards that Australia and China will become mates again over carbon tariffs using some ploy to avoid them. That will highlight their hypocrisy over green talk without adequate action. How it will all be resolved is hard to predict. I say bring on the carbon tariffs and separate the talkers from the doers.
Posted by Taswegian, Thursday, 1 April 2021 8:50:36 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Our number one enemy is China, with Europe a close second.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 1 April 2021 8:58:58 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Agree with taswegian.
No doubt that the Carbon Tax introduced some years ago was a good thing and achieved its aim until that economic and environmental VANDAL abbott destroyed it.
Posted by ateday, Thursday, 1 April 2021 10:26:28 AM
The EU isn't anywhere near meeting its 2030 commitments let alone its 2050 commitments.

When, and only when, they show the same level of economic suicide that they demand of others, should we take any notice of what they demand.
Posted by mhaze, Thursday, 1 April 2021 10:43:04 AM
Dead right, mhaze. Europe is getting more like China, unelected but telling all and sundry what to do. Old World mindset with disdain for the New World.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 1 April 2021 11:10:47 AM
Two can play at that game. We import about 3 times as much from the EU as we export to them. What ever duty they impose on us, we must impose the same on them. Their industry is already screaming out about their stupidity, the loss of us & a couple more markets should help then get rid if these stupid policies.

We must not submit to these strong arm tactics from a bunch who can't even keep their own lights on, without French nuclear support.
Posted by Hasbeen, Thursday, 1 April 2021 11:56:01 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy