The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Cancelling art, Dark Mofo and the offended classes > Comments

Cancelling art, Dark Mofo and the offended classes : Comments

By Binoy Kampmark, published 30/3/2021

'A coloniser artist intending to produce art with the actual blood of colonised people is abusive, colonising and re-traumatising.'

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
about half the population is not worth defending, & a large chunk of the rest don't really deserve it either.
Hasbeen,
Sad but unfortunately very true !
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 31 March 2021 8:28:23 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well shadowminister and Hasbeen are cancelculturalists, who would have thought.

shadowminister, the organisers considered it artistic enough for inclusion and while you may think it has no artistic merit that is hardly a definitive verdict now is it.

A bunch of whingers manager to get this pulled any you two are agreeiong wholeheartedly.

Hasbeen, you really shouldn't be calling out people on principles when you can't even hold fast to your own.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Wednesday, 31 March 2021 12:31:59 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi plantagenet a bit off topic, but just for you.

First was navy training at the old college at Flinders Navel Depot recruit school in Melbourne.
We did our flying training with the RAAF.
We flew Winjeels at No 1 BFTS Uranquinty,
Then Vampires at Pearce.

Once we got our wings we were shipped to the UK to do our operational carrier training. We flew Sea Venoms off I think it was HMS Victory

Back here it was Venoms off HMAS Melbourne. We were the lucky ones. The others flew Gannets. Those things scared the daylights out of me, almost as dangerous as the dreadful Wessex choppers.

Got 4.5 hours on Sea Furies when we had trouble with the Venoms.

Most of us were trained to watch keeping on Darings, So we would be of some use if/when Melbourne went down.
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 31 March 2021 3:05:47 PM
Sorry plantagenet, missed your other question.

No MGs in my fleet. I did briefly own one while training at Uranquinty. It was more or less a fixture at the base. Too far to drive it to Pearce, so it was sold as each trainee owner was shipped out.

A really beautiful 1940 MG TB drop head. 19" wheels about 3" wide, it could do all of about 75 miles per hour, with a long straight to get wound up, but an absolute joy. Much more fun, & probably more dangerous than flying.
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 31 March 2021 3:24:47 PM
Hi Hazza

Thanks muchly for your replies.

I see the Winjeels you trained on were proudly Australian designed and built http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CAC_Winjeel “proved a very stable aircraft making it almost impossible to spin, and with this being a required part of pilot training the tail had to be redesigned as a result”

Sound so much better than that other Aussie invention, the Nomad...

On your Sea Venom experience http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Havilland_Sea_Venom#Service_with_other_nations “The canopy was modified to allow ejection from underwater.”!

I didn’t know much about the Darings http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daring-class_destroyer_(1949) – but were “both the largest and most heavily armed ships serving in Commonwealth navies to be classified as destroyers.” still only 3,820 tons.

Shows how much modern destroyers have grown and mission creeped. The Air Warfare Destroyers http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hobart-class_destroyer can now displace 7,000 tonnes.

On MG experience.

My ex brother-in-law (I divorced his sister) had an MG T series never fitted with a fuel gauge.

So even in 2010 he had suffered an earlier case of fuel anxiedty - having to note conditions that would sap fuel (like hills and hot days)
prompting him to check the fuel tank with his dip stick, often. His MG - green like the one in the photo ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MG_T-type ) attracted great interest from modern motorheads.

I just drive my computerised Mazda SUV, with all the safety gizmos. Nothing wrong with it in 3 years – touch wood.

Cheers

Planta
Posted by plantagenet, Thursday, 1 April 2021 7:28:36 AM
SR,

Now you are just lying.

Firstly, I'm not offended that this fwit wants to dip a flag in blood, and secondly, I never called for the idiot's offering to be cancelled.

What I did question whether simply doing something controversial can automatically be called art and pointed out that organisers of art exhibitions have limited space to display the most talented artists.
Posted by shadowminister, Thursday, 1 April 2021 8:32:48 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy