The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The Mad Monk strikes: Tony Abbott, taxi rides and Coronavirus despotism > Comments

The Mad Monk strikes: Tony Abbott, taxi rides and Coronavirus despotism : Comments

By Binoy Kampmark, published 29/1/2021

Abbott sees much gloom on the horizon for the 'Australian way of life' under assault by 'virus hysteria and health despotism'.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Calling Tony Abbott a Mad Monk, a passe insult only ever used by morons, is a clear indication that this article will be a load of rubbish not worth reading.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 29 January 2021 8:19:29 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I think when someone who is very prominent represents a particular perspective, in Abbott's case a conservative centre-right position on many issues, they are bound to rock the boat when their views are out of touch with the majority, especially in left-leaning forums like the ABC and academic humanities.

To be frank, it s a tough gig being a conservative trying to shape an electorate, an electorate often not listening to such views
Posted by Chris Lewis, Friday, 29 January 2021 8:32:51 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
out of touch with the majority,
Chris Lewis,
Despite the fact that I'd rather not see an Labor pollies as far as I can see plus the fact that I supported Abbott when he became PM, I must admit he turned out to be a fizzer.
To award a Royal & to stick up for drug dealers is about as out of touch a politician can be !
Posted by individual, Friday, 29 January 2021 8:38:29 AM
ttbn,
Seriously? You're not reading this article because Tony Abbott's nickname is out of fashion as an insult?
Posted by Aidan, Friday, 29 January 2021 8:41:29 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Abbott turned out to be a "fizzer" mainly over his failure to amend the HR Act as promised. Apart from that, he was no better or worse than any Liberal leader since Menzies, and certainly better than the one who replaced him.

Calling him names after he has left politics behind is pissy-pants kindergarten stuff.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 29 January 2021 8:49:57 AM
I think I called Rudd a dud once in an OLO article, and a former academic/journo pointed out I was disrespectful.

I agree with ttbn. Attacking the argument alone always looks better from any analysis, especially from a qualified academic.

I am sorry Mr Rudd.
Posted by Chris Lewis, Friday, 29 January 2021 9:03:00 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy