The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Don't expect too much from the Biden presidency > Comments

Don't expect too much from the Biden presidency : Comments

By Keith Suter, published 11/1/2021

There will be a welcome change of tone under Biden. But many of the problems that were not solved by Trump, will not be solved by Biden either.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
The virus helped dump Trump. Another win for China. It's very hard to discount the idea that we have been experiencing chemical warfare all along.

Australia does NOT have to choose between the US and China. We were fine without China until a couple of decades ago. We can be fine without them again. Only people who haven't been around very long, or those with short memories, spread the myth they we 'need' China.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 11 January 2021 10:28:56 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Keith,

I appreciate your concerns. Our “appointment” with Joe Biden, Kamala Harris and their administration needs to be a mutual one, or it will be a “disappointment”. No president can by himself/herself make the changes that need to happen.

We as citizens need to learn about the policy choices, and effectively organize together to make sure good policies are crafted and implemented. That’s why I urge people to join policy working groups like ours (the Waterlow Policy Workshop, email adamfrost@computerCareandLearning.com to join), and learn about the key issues and develop common-sense policies for our suffering country in this suffering world. Thanks for reminding us how much work we have ahead of us. I think we can do a good job.

--Adam Frost, Boston, USA
Posted by Adam Frost, Monday, 11 January 2021 10:52:35 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Adam frost,

Have you thought about instituting a deTrumpification program - similar to the post-WW2 denazification program - to win back the hearts and souls of grassroots Americans?
Posted by Mr Opinion, Monday, 11 January 2021 11:33:17 AM
In my opinion, developing and implementing sustainable, good policies is the best way to put the previous administration far behind us.

-_Adam
Posted by Adam Frost, Monday, 11 January 2021 11:38:45 AM
Adam Frost,

I was only joking.

Actually the denazification program in West Germany came to nought because they realised they needed all those ex-Nazis coming home from the war to operate the bureaucracies, transport systems, utilities, etc. So it was business as usual so to speak.

You'll find it will be the same in the US. All those redneck hillbillies who were willing to sacrifice themselves for Trump will just drift back into the milieu and before you can say "Trump's Insurrection" everything will be back to normal.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Monday, 11 January 2021 11:52:35 AM
Nothing about Biden's frailty or his corruption?
He is so knackered I do not think he will see out the year before his Vice takes over.
However long it takes he will certainly milk it for all it is worth. What was it $80k a month from Ukraine and millions from China when he was only the second in charge. Actually bragged about getting rid of a Ukrainian anti corruption official who stood in the way of his bribe taking Son, amazing.
Buckle up for a long hard ride!
Posted by JBowyer, Monday, 11 January 2021 6:57:57 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy