The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Hoarding the jabs: the inequalities of vaccine distribution > Comments

Hoarding the jabs: the inequalities of vaccine distribution : Comments

By Binoy Kampmark, published 18/12/2020

The least convincing language of the pandemic has been this baffling and trite notion that 'we' and 'all this' and 'together' are somehow linked in blood sealed harmony.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
The China virus has given the bores plenty to bore is with.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 18 December 2020 8:39:19 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
And why did you think that it would be any different Binoy.
David
Posted by VK3AUU, Friday, 18 December 2020 10:32:24 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Got you, Binroy. Understand you don't relate to the broader community. Yet when we see the plans for the staged distribution of the vaccine, believe the medical experts have called it right. The anti vaxers won't give a shite.
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Friday, 18 December 2020 10:53:53 AM
Since when has poverty ever come out on top? It’s a sad world, always was, always will be.

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Friday, 18 December 2020 1:49:50 PM
Well they can have mine. I'll not be needing it for a year or two, if ever, thanks.

Meanwhile those demanding these not proven safe vaccine may be doing the third world a huge favor in testing doubtful vaccines for them

It also allows them to use the proven effective Hydroxychloroquine proven effective with zinc & vitamin D, banned only due to anti Trump syndrome.

Cheap & mostly effective if used early & correctly, it would be my preference. Having taken Hydroxychloroquine for years in the islands to protect from malaria, I know it's side effects are so minor as to be ignored, despite all the lies from big pharma.
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 18 December 2020 3:12:25 PM
Just came across this on What's Up With That?, so I thought I'd plonk it in here. You are never likely to find it anywhere in the MSM, but it should be being shouted from the roof tops.

"After more than 300,000 lives lost, the American Medical Association (AMA) rescinds hydroxychloroquine prevention order so that doctors can now prescribe Hydroxychloroquine tablets (HCQ) to cure and prevent the Covid-19, as documented in its November 2020 handbook resolution.

In the resolution, AMA:

Admit benefits of using HCQ for Covid-19 treatment outweigh its risk;

Rescind its statement calling for physicians to stop prescribing hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine until sufficient evidence becomes available to conclusively illustrate that the harm associated with use outweighs benefit early in the disease course".

See the rest for your self if interested.

I guess it is too much to expect that the big pharma, & the anti Trump mob that stopped the use of this life saver are likely to be charged with murder, or even manslaughter as they should be. Even so it is nice to be proven right, & find there at least some honest people in the medical community
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 18 December 2020 10:50:32 PM
1. Its a bit premature to condemn the vaccine industry when its only vaccinated less than 1% world population - so far.

2. We ARE in this together.

While Covid is prevalent in the furthest reaches of Africa, the Americas and Asia - the infected from those places can arrive in Australia, and spread their Covid here.
Posted by plantagenet, Saturday, 19 December 2020 8:12:23 AM
Yes, Pete, they can! And far more easily for the following reasons. First, they're crammed into poorly ventilated hotels. Where masks are not necessarily mandated. Nor in the broader community! Moreover, some cultures, there and here, are very lax regarding personal hygiene?

Then there is disinfection/deep cleaning of the rooms between clients. I'd prefer bleach spray followed by 24 hours of UV irradiation.

Then there are those (I'm alright Jack) politicians with access to remedies reserved for the elite/the rich and powerful. So they can and do, obsess over reopening the economy? And the Keystone cops who allowed the ruby princess and international travels to transit immediately to domestic air flights and thereby avoid quarantine altogether for critical days! And we lead the world!?
Alan B.

Finally, there is our predilection for not obtaining enough vaccine options from among the 48 available options. Too many eggs in too few baskets! As for the ever-critical Author, he can return to whence he came to get his?
Posted by Alan B., Saturday, 19 December 2020 10:37:17 AM
Ah so, Professor, Hasbeen. We bow to your vastly superior medical knowledge and expertise on infectious diseases.

So what else are you in favour of? Injections of raw bleach perhaps. We know that bleach kills the virus as proven science! Most chemists will sell you aa few disposable syringes and bleach is available almost everywhere.

You'll have a nice day now, y'hear.
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Saturday, 19 December 2020 10:47:42 AM
"We ARE in this together".

That is a myth. The people who have demanded lock downs resulting in ruination of businesses, loss of jobs and and the $3 trillion debt that future generations will have to pay have not been affected by the suffering they have brought on the people they have no feelings of togetherness with.
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 19 December 2020 11:28:05 AM
Having a problem with reading simple English these days Alan.

What did you not manage to understand about,

"In the resolution, AMA:

Admit benefits of using HCQ for Covid-19 treatment outweigh its risk".

Perhaps you don't realise that in this quote AMA is the American Medical Association, & has nothing to do with Hasbeen. Can you imagine what a struggle to get that through, for the honest doctors, after the anti Trump brigade had nailed their colours to the mast against it.

I have developed a quite strong ability to read between the lines, a requirement with todays rotten MSM, & I knew from years of personal experience that Hydroxychloroquine was a safe proven drug, with virtually no bad side effects.

Even an old Hasbeen can smell when something is rotten. Pity you can't.
Posted by Hasbeen, Saturday, 19 December 2020 12:11:31 PM
That myths like the ‘all in it together’ one and and other nonsense put about by the political class are believed by the gullible and naive is evidenced in a poll in The Australian that claims that 85% of Australians think that that the federal government has managed the China virus well; 99% think the same in WA; 92% in Qld; 81% in NSW, and 78% in Victoria.

Senator Jim Molan is one who accepts the poll, and admits that government is playing a bigger role in our lives. People have found that they “need” the government, he says, and the government has “protected them from something”. Our security has been guaranteed for the last 75 years, but it is now “far less guaranteed”. “We need effective government going into the future much more than we’ve needed them in the past”.

To me, this is a softening up of the gullible to accept more control from the political class and less democracy. The sort of life envisaged for them by the Technocrats and the World Economic Forum, one of whose videos advises, “You will own nothing but you will be happy”.

It is clear that Australians who see themselves as smart and sophisticated can easily have the wool pulled over their eyes. They are coming to accept the power that politicians have taken for themselves as normal; power that they will not readily give up. Who needs China?
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 19 December 2020 1:06:59 PM
Don't doubt that the drug is effective against malaria, Hasbeen. The credit you seem to want to give it, may have more to do what it's taken with than the anti-malaria potion. And one still needs a script! And may leave the prescribing Doctor open to legal action if there're serious side effects?

I prefer to stay at home and look at the more efficacious vaccine options. As immunity seems a far better outcome than simply suppressing with antimalarials. You remain free to do as you please?

The American Medical Association? OK. The Local AMA says different and I trust them before I trust a tool of big pharma.
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Saturday, 19 December 2020 6:35:06 PM
Hasbeen. One notes that Trump took your prescription, yet got covid-19 anyway. And may have died but for Walter Reid and its team of doctors alongside a whole bunch of still experimental remedies that included donated antibodies!

You'll have a nice day now, y'hear.
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Sunday, 20 December 2020 10:19:11 AM
Don't know if he was taking it as a preventative, & have no idea if it works that way.

However, I'll bet that is what they treated him with, perfect treatment in the early stages, & they damn well know it.
Posted by Hasbeen, Sunday, 20 December 2020 4:00:56 PM
Hasbeen,

Come on, who really believes that Trump got the Covid virus ? Obviously, he had a severe panic attack - he dropped his guts, and nothing more. Two days ? Who else do you know of who caught the virus and suffered for only two days ?

Then again, I know of a large bridge that you might like to buy cheap :)

Joe
Posted by loudmouth2, Monday, 21 December 2020 3:33:11 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
That's what they could have done with most of the infected Joe, if they had hit them with HCQ at the first sine of infection.
Posted by Hasbeen, Monday, 21 December 2020 3:39:30 PM
The old saying goes that charity begins at home.

Any politician that purchased vaccines then donated them to another country before looking to the safety of his own countrymen would be committing political suicide.

Air passengers are instructed that in an emergency they are to care for their own oxygen needs first before trying to help others.
Posted by shadowminister, Tuesday, 29 December 2020 5:02:54 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy