The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The David McBride case: whistleblowing, Afghanistan and Australian war crimes > Comments

The David McBride case: whistleblowing, Afghanistan and Australian war crimes : Comments

By Binoy Kampmark, published 4/12/2020

In 2017, the material gathered by McBride became the trove of documents and revelations called The Afghan Files.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Dan,

Referring to Tarrant as a Christian is absurd.
Posted by ttbn, Sunday, 6 December 2020 10:34:41 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Getting desperate, Paul1409?

Instead of focusing upon the undeniable truth that I wrote which explained why Islam and Christianity are entirely different religions, you engaged in hair splitting.

You focused upon what I wrote which simply for brevity was not entirely correct as your red herring to lead your opponent away from where you fear to go. Your dishonest tactic would possibly work on inexperienced debaters but it will not work with me.

Islam and Christianity are two entirely different religions based upon two entirely different philosophies. That is something you fear to examine. Post Reformation Protestant Christianity promotes peace and tolerance while Islam promotes intolerance, war, terrorism, and ethnic cleansing to spread Islam. ISIS claim that they are doing exactly what Mohammad and the Koran tells them to do. And they are correct, they are. These crackpots believe that the only possible reason why the west has eclipsed Islam as a great power is because Muslims are not expanding Islam through warfare, terrorism and ethnic cleansing, as decreed as Allah's will by the prophet.

And this is the religion you defend?

You are not an intelligent social progressive if you take such a view. Your position is akin to so called "feminists" who claim that western civilisation is unspeakably evil unless 50% of CEO's, and 50% of infantrymen, and 50% of fighter pilots are women. Meanwhile, Islam which openly declares that women are simply chattels and the property of men, not only gets a free pass, the feminist idiots destroyed their own credibility by defending it.

If your only motivation for defending Islam is because you have been programmed (brain washed) into thinking that "intelligent, far seeing social progressives" defend Islam while "far right cretins" attack it, then could I suggest you are simply making a fool of yourself? You would be better off jumping ship right now instead of trying to defend the indefensible. Islam is an evil religion which is holding back the social development of about a fifth of the world's population. Real social progressives attack Islam, but such a term does not apply to you.
Posted by LEGO, Monday, 7 December 2020 3:53:49 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
LULU, I have to admit I don't often read your posts entirely, I invoke the three line rule, sometimes four or five lines, but never the 50 line rule. Is it laziness on my part, or is it the predictability of your material, I don't know. I did read a little more of your last effort, and something that struck me was your question; "And this (Islam) is the religion you defend?" No, I don't believe in my many posts to you, is there one word in defence of the Islamic religion as such. The vast majority of adherents, like Christians and Jews, are simply stamped with the religion at birth, or at an early age thereafter. Do they understand their religion, me thinks in the vast majority of cases no, only superficially at best and fortunately for us the stamp has no long lasting ill-effects. That may be a good thing, the vast majority are not zealots and ratbags, and don't present a substantive threat to the rest of society. I think we just have to learn to live with others as we have learned to live with people like you. I consider you with your "intelligent" extremist views as a far more dangerous commodity than the average Muslim or Christian.

I would dispute your claim that Christianity is not a violent religion, has been for 2000 years. How often do professed Christian political leaders invoke the name of the Christian god, before some pre-emptive attack on dirt poor individuals in some god forsaken locality. George W Bush and his infamous "Crusade" speech after 9/11. George was going to get one back for Team Christian.
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 7 December 2020 5:50:10 AM
Hi Paul1405

To help you and other readers understand LEGO's sad PSYCHOLOGY

the following article offers some social media security observations:

"AFTER CHRISTCHURCH: MAPPING ONLINE RIGHT-WING EXTREMISTS"

of 24 November 2020,

at http://www.lowyinstitute.org/the-interpreter/after-christchurch-mapping-online-right-wing-extremists

Some excerpts:

"...The content often conceals its revolutionary anti-government agenda behind appeals to nationalism

and “traditional” Australian values. These extremist perspectives are often presented through

online content that is entertaining, provocative and supposedly ironic.

These conspiracy theories create an alternative reality that instils a sense of unprecedented crisis

in the audience and the need for an authoritarian response.

Conspiracy theories serve to delegitimise government, present right-wing extremists as protectors

of the social good, and opponents as belonging to an international cabal that is inherently evil.

The theme of “white identity under threat”

was observed in some form across all platforms, relying on a shared narrative that posits

white identity as vulnerable and requiring robust authoritarian defence from hostile others.

However expressed, these narratives consistently seek to delegitimise liberal democratic government

while dehumanising the “other”, in particular Muslims, Asians, Jews, women, liberals

and members of the LGBT+ community.

On low-risk platforms, references to “Trumpism”

and conspiracy theories such as #QAnon provide users with an opportunity to engage

with content that references the defence of a “white identity under threat”

without violating platform moderation policies.

On high-risk platforms, this theme is framed in far more explicit terms that consistently draw

on antisemitism, Islamophobia

and other forms of violent “othering”..."

More see http://www.lowyinstitute.org/the-interpreter/after-christchurch-mapping-online-right-wing-extremists
Posted by plantagenet, Monday, 7 December 2020 10:44:05 AM
OK Plantagenet, paul1409 is on the run, now to ream you out.

What the western world has seen in the past 50 years is a period of unprecedented immigration from third world countries into western countries. Please note, South Americans are not immigrating into Arab countries. Arab Muslims are not immigrating into India. Indians are not immigrating into China. The Chinese are not immigrating into Africa. And Africans are not immigrating into South America.

All of these people want to live in the white western world.

Now it is flattering to know that everybody on planet earth likes the white western world so much that they all want to live with us. But there has to be a limit or the white western world is going to turn into the very third world sheetholes that most of these people hail from.

This is already happening. San Francisco and Los Angeles are now third world cities with human sheet all over the streets and homeless encampments everywhere. Unsurprisingly, these two cities are Democrat ruled cities where the ruling Democrats could not care less about the state of their cities. They just keep directing their policies towards bringing ever more third worlders in to their cities as a way of keeping political power forever.

London, once the safest city in the world now has a homicide rate higher than New York. Most of this crime rise can be directly blamed on African "yardie" crime gangs who's primary pastime appears to be stabbing each other. Similarly, London is full of large number of Muslim terrorists.

And your premise is that this unacceptable situation should go on forever until all of the productive white people who once lived in these cities (but who are fleeing) go elsewhere to get away from the multiculturalism you advocate and which they are forced to pay for?

And you justify your premise with some psychological mumbo jumbo where once again, the idea is to portray the opponents of multiculturalism as cretins while the people who support the self suicide of their own culture and civilisation as "smart."
Posted by LEGO, Monday, 7 December 2020 5:15:08 PM
Hi Pete,

Your link was an interesting read, LEGO fits the bill. He is a classic White Supremacists. Claims to be of superior intelligence, with superior knowledge of Islam. His knowledge on the subject is half baked material straight out of the Nazi textbook. He goes on to claim he to, like the majority, was once fooled into believing as most do today, but due to his superior intellect and his acquisition of superior knowledge he has seen the light and now is superior to us inferiors.

Take this from his last post; "All of these people want to live in the white western world" Is there evidence that all third world people want to live in the white western world. No, just made it up, like most of his claims, never provides evidence other than his his superior intellect and superior knowledge.
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 7 December 2020 5:57:15 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy