The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Presidential debates ignore US role in the world > Comments

Presidential debates ignore US role in the world : Comments

By David Singer, published 23/10/2020

Biden paints himself as an internationalist, but doesn't even want to talk about foreign affairs.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
ttbn. Agree in part with your take. However, if the new system, we the people embrace, doesn't include primaries where we the people select the candidates from all parties. With the one winning more the 50% moving forward and or the two leading candidates facing off in a winner takes all, head to head contest. Then no!

We need to eliminate the backroom deals and those who organise/pursue them, that make a mockery of the term, Democracy. Which could easily read, De-mock-crap- see. And I agree that we the people should elect the leader/PM.
Cheers mate, Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Saturday, 24 October 2020 10:14:02 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
11 more days to go! Then we can wait for all the BS challenges to begin and drag on and on, as the loser seeks to have the will of the people overturned in the supreme court!

Not exactly what the US needs now in the middle of a pandemic and massive, consequent economic downturn! Nor where we could be on the brink of a war, started as an opportunistic preemptive strike? By you know who?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Saturday, 24 October 2020 10:22:56 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ttbn & Chris,

Yes, I think I'm a sort of left-conservative: i don't think things should be changed if they don't need to be - in fact, Lord Falkland (1610-1643) wrote that if there is no real need to change, then there should not be change, we have to oppose it.

The bottom line is the preservation of society, no matter how faulty. But change if it's possible and obviously necessary without doing more damage than it prevents.

If anything, I suspect that some of the extreme-right would be happy for a sort of Gotterdammerung, an overthrowing of the entire society if it means that they can start to rebuild their Utopia all over again, after the necessary extermination of all enemies. A sort of fascist-anarchism.

And I fear that some in the US are planning for just that, if Trumpf loses. And that, in turn, some dumb-arse 'left' anarchists are already preparing to 'respond', maybe proactively. And being quite paranoid, I also fear that there are extreme-right undercover agents in that dumb-arse 'left' and African-american movements who are stirring things up already.

Only 11 days to go :) Oh joy, oh rapture !

Joe
Posted by loudmouth2, Saturday, 24 October 2020 12:04:25 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thanks for the article David Singer. Sad that articles giving the perspective of the right are rarely found coming out of universities.

As to ttbn and electing our own leader. Respectfully I agree with Chris Lewis in this case. If we were able to elect our own leader it would be easier for "Globalist Agenda". Monarchy is based on "Localist" and "Culturalist" principles.
Posted by Canem Malum, Saturday, 24 October 2020 12:10:34 PM
Alan,

I would never suggest that we follow the US system.

CM,

"If we were able to elect our own leader it would be easier for "Globalist Agenda". Monarchy is based on "Localist" and "Culturalist" principles."

I have to admit that I don't understand what you mean there.
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 24 October 2020 12:17:49 PM
Alan B,

Good point: who would be in control of the country in the period between the election and the inauguration, if one or both contenders claimed they was robbed ? Who would have the job of containing the virus which will probably be raging during that time ?

And if the Covid deaths really start to mount between now and election day, will Trumpf try some stunt like postponing the election ?

Joe
Posted by loudmouth2, Saturday, 24 October 2020 12:25:46 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy