The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Presidential debates ignore US role in the world > Comments

Presidential debates ignore US role in the world : Comments

By David Singer, published 23/10/2020

Biden paints himself as an internationalist, but doesn't even want to talk about foreign affairs.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
pretty lame article in terms of dealing adequately with foreign policy, but I do agree that China poses a far more serious challenge for the US and world than Japan ever did.

If Biden downplays China, that would indeed be a worry.
Posted by Chris Lewis, Friday, 23 October 2020 7:52:57 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I hope Americans are au fait with all the wisdom of foreigners, including the experts on OLO, because they are the only people who get to for a president. They alone will choose their next president, not the wafflers and warblers in Australia, whose leader is not elected by voters, but by his party mates.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 23 October 2020 10:35:12 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
As a matter of interest, not argument, what do people think about the fact that our system precludes us from electing the country's leader directly?
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 23 October 2020 2:50:25 PM
Listened in full to the last debate, where Biden was actually allowed to finish a sentence, occasionally. He was quite clear on foreign policy! And would move it back to one the allies of America could once again depend on!

I heard a lot of unproven allegations from Donald, most of which would seem to be supported by blatantly false Material/allegations, that seem to be falsified and emanating from foreign sources with a rep for interference in the electoral cycles in democracies?

Given I listened carefully, can say the entire premise of this article at best, is based almost entirely false premise and at worst is a completely without merit, an entire work of unsubstantiated political invention, with a bias that is clearly on display? Da?
Alan B
Posted by Alan B., Friday, 23 October 2020 4:50:14 PM
I have had great concern for the lack of clarity on foreign policy direction coming from the Democratic Party. Concerns (as an Australian) because US policy has a direct effect on Australia’s national interest. The Republican Party has been very clear in both policy and, importantly, direct action for both the Asia/Pacific region and for the Middle East.

The past 4 years has delivered clear and deliberate progress for Australian national interest our region by finally, directly, engaging India, Japan South Korea (and hopefully Taiwan) and the ‘smaller’ pacific rim Asian nations.

The Republicans administration has demonstrated astonishing progress in the Middle East by currently engaging the more pragmatic of Arab nations with, I suspect, Saudi Arabia and Jordan soon to follow.

However, the last Democrat (Obama) administration may deserves most of that credit for this undeniable progress by embracing and supporting the Iranian regime and its’ terrorist proxies (hamas ISIS etc). Joe Biden was directly instrumental In laying the policy groundwork creating a Tremendous fear amongst those smaller Arab states, leading them to embrace a peacefull and mutually beneficial relationship with the most militarily strong, democratic and trustworthy state in the region (Isreal).

I cannot but totally agree with Mr. Singer’s concern and objections to the debate commission ignoring, with naked partisan intent, on ‘hiding’ The Democrat administrations abject failure and directionless foreign policy. The intent of this being a further attempt to hide the Biden family corruption in this area.

The Clinton’s’ ‘hiring’ of the Lincoln bedroom in the white house for overnight stays to the highest paying customers is child’s play compared to the Biden family corruption.
Posted by Pete S, Friday, 23 October 2020 6:07:46 PM
Of further and of equal/greater concern to Mr. Singers comments on the debate commission attempting to hide Biden’s foreign policy actions is the fact that ‘Twitter’ and ‘Facebook’ are blocking/removing comments and direction to mainstream media articles revealing the Biden family interests in Russian/Ukrainian/Chinese business arrangements. Whilst it has always been there, I am unsure that it is even slightly possible to “drain the swamp” currently infesting both parties in the American polity.
Posted by Pete S, Friday, 23 October 2020 6:20:12 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy