The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Jordan moves to resolve West Bank sovereignty problem it created > Comments

Jordan moves to resolve West Bank sovereignty problem it created : Comments

By David Singer, published 11/8/2020

Razzaz has raised the possibility of a 'one-state solution' to replace the 'two-state solution'.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
NETANYAHU MAY LAUNCH INVASION OF WEST BANK IN PART TO BOOST TRUMP'S REELECTION PROSPECTS

What I wrote on 26th June 2020 still stands http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=20983#370292 :

I wrote:

"An annexation by Israel of territory in the West Bank might be coordinated with Trump's reelection priorities.

Collusion between Netanyahu and the Trump Administration is possible. This is in the sense that if the annexation is launched before the US November Presidential Election this may well amount to a crisis that will benefit Trump.

If there is a violent Palestinian reaction to the annexation then footage of violent demonstrations, Israeli tanks and airstrikes will tend to make Americans anxious. Broader Arab national opposition may well boost the price of oil hurting the American voter’s hip pocket.

President Trump can wade into the crisis by “brokering” peace – really in favour of Israel. Meanwhile many undecided US voters may rally round the President, as they often do in times of tension.

Posted by plantagenet, Friday, 26 June 2020 9:45:34 AM"
Posted by plantagenet, Tuesday, 11 August 2020 1:43:34 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Petye,

I'm not so sure - I suspect that Trumpf is such a moron that, if anything, his ramblings that the Beirut explosion may have been caused by a bomb - launched by whom ? - drops Israel into the picture (no, I don't think they were involved either) and doesn't suggest that Trumpf could possibly be - or see himself as - some sort of peacemaker.

Choose your friends wisely, the Israelis are thinking. My bet is that they're sending chocolates to Biden's wife for her birthday, whenever it may be.

Joe
Posted by loudmouth2, Tuesday, 11 August 2020 2:20:03 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"In the early hours of 25 June 2020 and 7 July 2020, dozens of soldiers raided two homes of the extended Abu Hashhsash family in al-Fawwar Refugee Camp, under the pretext of searching for three family members. The soldiers entered both homes without masks. In the first, they beat three family members and blew up a fuse box in the metal workshop of another member. In the second, they set a dog on three members of the family and beat one of them. In both cases, right after the raid, an ISA agent called the family, who were not suspected of anything, and demanded that the relatives the military was looking for turn themselves in. In one case, the agent explicitly threatened that soldiers would return and turn the family's home into a “battleground”.

Soldiers raiding Palestinians’ homes at the dead of night, waking entire families, including small children and infants, has long since been a fixture in the routine that the occupation regime imposes in the West Bank. In these raids – which, this time, included the use of violence and intimidation against family members, as well as damage to property – soldiers are not required to show a search warrant or even provide a reason. This is yet another example of the military’s abuse of power, even in the height of a global pandemic, with a lockdown imposed on most of the West Bank and fear among residents running higher than ever."

http://www.btselem.org/routine_founded_on_violence/20200806_soldiers_raid_two_homes_in_al_fawwar_refugee_camp
Posted by SteeleRedux, Tuesday, 11 August 2020 2:38:59 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I think that Jordan will always be a pivotal actor in any solution. Previous experience will give Jordan hesitation in granting ‘Palestinians ’ Jordanian citizenship. The notion of dumping the failed 40 year old ‘two state’ solution is a step in the right direction. With President Trumps’ drive and guidance there is as good a chance I have seen, in the last 20 years, for a ‘workable’ solution.
Posted by Pete S, Tuesday, 11 August 2020 4:27:55 PM
Dear Pete S,

Lol.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Tuesday, 11 August 2020 4:44:09 PM
Hi Joe

Re your "My bet is that they're sending chocolates to Biden's wife for her birthday, whenever it may be."

Biden's wife, Professor of English Jill Biden, was born on June 3rd, 1951 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jill_Biden

Professor Jill Biden will make a fine First Lady. She'll be a vast improvement over clothes-horse for hire Melania Trump of the "Iva beena in Amereeka for 24 years, buta iya sounda lyka I'ya just gotta offa the boata Yesterday" Slovenian-Russian accent. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melania_Trump

Cheers

Pete
Posted by plantagenet, Tuesday, 11 August 2020 6:21:26 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy