The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The new uni-fees schedule rates a 'C' for economics and equity > Comments

The new uni-fees schedule rates a 'C' for economics and equity : Comments

By Stephen Saunders, published 5/8/2020

Dan Tehan's new uni-fees arrangements are (a) increasingly onerous for students (b) inconsistent in government contributions (c) shallow in economic rationales and (d) not serious about equity issues.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
All tertiary education should be strictly user-pays.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 5 August 2020 10:46:57 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Good article with much food for thought about equity concerns,
Posted by Chris Lewis, Wednesday, 5 August 2020 11:38:27 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Our future and recovery is locked to STEM and our best and brightest not those with parents with the deepest pockets!

The user pays principle means non-perorming students with well-heeled parents, will be virtually able, to buy degrees?

And were this to be so? Make all the others virtually worthless? Along with all the burnt midnight oil, struggle and sacrifice!

This cannot be fixed by the applied application of idiotic idealogy from airheads, but with funding as an investment in our best possible future!

Look, I could rebuild this nation and make the richest most prosperous nation on earth and without creating any impost on the taxpayer or creating any new debt!

That's because I don't come at this or any other problem with a locked and bolted mindset/predisposition!

How, you ask?

But I'll hold fire until I'm paid to advise. And then would only agree if I didn't have to face some pencil pusher claiming, you can't do that!

We need can do, not can't do! Now and more than any time in human history!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Wednesday, 5 August 2020 1:21:11 PM
And not the slightest hint in the article that they don't pay a brass razoo until they earn a taxable income of ~$52k ie more than the median national income and therefore more than most workers who , of course, are paying the taxes to provide the subsidised education.

Poor dears!
Posted by mhaze, Wednesday, 5 August 2020 1:56:06 PM
'And not the slightest hint in the article that they don't pay a brass razoo until they earn a taxable income of ~$52k ie more than the median national income and therefore more than most workers who , of course, are paying the taxes to provide the subsidised education.'

Standard reporting Mhaze. Always what they don't tell you that spoils the victim narrative.
Posted by runner, Wednesday, 5 August 2020 2:01:01 PM
It is known that people trying to persuade others of their point of view (not us peasants with mere opinions) usually exaggerate, tell lies or - as has been noticed here - leave stuff out.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 5 August 2020 4:39:17 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy