The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Squirreling away from truth > Comments

Squirreling away from truth : Comments

By Edie Wyatt, published 24/7/2020

According to progressives, the diagnosis of all societal inequality and injustice is due solely to institutional and systematic sins of patriarchy, racism, homophobia, islamophobia and transphobia.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All
[Cont.]

"The really bad news is that if you deny seeing these things in the 'system', these sins live in you as well."

PAYDIRT

I've been trying to figure this one out all week.
That is - why there's more white people (Uni Students) at Black Lives Matters protests.

http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?discussion=9208&page=0#308165

"They are so busy trying to prove to each other that they are not racist, the only way they can do it is follow the narrative that is set for them, and 'Hate White People'

That's the only way they can conclusively prove to their peers at University that they themselves ARE NOT racist."

This is how you did it.
This is what they've been taught, now it makes sense.

"The really bad news is that if you deny seeing these things in the 'system', these sins live in you as well."

'If you don't hate the white people then you're one of the evil white people.'

Let me tell you about your gang.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
Benjamin Franklin said that.

You gave up the liberty of having your own opinions when you joined the gang.

"American liberty is original and not the liberty of the freed slave"
Do you want to know who said that?
Jefferson Davis, President of the Confederate states, slave owner, and wait for it:

A Democrat.

"I am getting a feeling that picking on lesbian feminists is a step too far."
I don't see how you can hold that opinion.
The alphabet people will pick on anyone who disagrees with them.
It seems like you're just getting a taste of your own alphabet medicine.

I'll tell you a secret.
Democrats exist to co-opt all minority groups so they can consolidate power for themselves.
They don't care about you.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Sunday, 26 July 2020 10:44:15 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Chris Lewis,

Indeed. What is disappointing is what the author claims for her framing of the term Marxist she completely rejects for the term intersectionality.

Dear Saltpetre,

Are you really accepting that groups like 'progressive feminists' and 'the rainbow movement' control the “bulk of cultural production in the western world”?

Sorry mate but to claim this was the author's narrow definition of progressives is bunkum.

I will admit to laying it on a bit thick about Christians but it was done fairly clinically to illustrate that all encompassing derogatory use of the word progressives is just as objectionable. She immediately took it to heart displaying I thought a singular hypocrisy.

As for your case against intersectionality I'm afraid it was pretty hard to discern whether you were making a case for it or deriding it because your arguments didn't seem to address the definition you provided.

Your examples of grievances also failed to hit their target, indeed you seem to be calling for us to “better acknowledge and ground the differences among us" .

Perhaps the boogie man of so called intersectionality is more in the eye of the beholder, in this case a rather grumpy fundamentalist Christian.

A note in passing. The author claimed I was incorrect “Because actually the women's movement started when women (mostly christian) began to meet collectively in the "temperance movement" in an attempt to protect themselves from physical violence and poverty when their partners were spending all their wages at the pub.”

Unfortunately history really doesn't back her up. Suffrage bills put by leading politicians like John Hall and Robert Stout were being narrowly defeated in the NZ parliament in 1878 and 79, years before the Women’s Christian Temperance Union (WCTU) was even established in that country. That the Union assisted in garnering further support is not denied but is was hardly the instigator as Ms Wyatt would have us believe.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Monday, 27 July 2020 12:55:45 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy