The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Squirreling away from truth > Comments

Squirreling away from truth : Comments

By Edie Wyatt, published 24/7/2020

According to progressives, the diagnosis of all societal inequality and injustice is due solely to institutional and systematic sins of patriarchy, racism, homophobia, islamophobia and transphobia.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
SteeleRedux I am not saying I am not now right wing, I am saying I was left wing my entire life. People like you sent me right. This is my story of changing political direction if you are interested http://grumpyfundie.com/uncategorized/new-world-order/
I doubt you are because you have accused me of rape. Most rape as you know occurs in the home and I myself was a victim of sexual abuse, so to attempt to layer me with sins of the catholic church based on my faith is without a doubt a vile and politically corrupt thing to do.
Jesus was my certainly not an adherent of a doctrine that he predated by almost two thousand years. You accuse me of sins of association and that is indeed a habit of the ideologically corrupted of both the right and left, and you actually make me a little sick. You are a man, obviously and take some pleasure in bullying women with your old-fashioned brand of left-wing ideology. I should not give you the dignity of a response, but I just couldn’t help myself
Posted by Edie, Saturday, 25 July 2020 12:01:21 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Eide,

I've read your linked piece and happy to have a wider discussion on it if you felt you could get your nose back in joint. I think it is self serving and full of holes but if you wanted to defend it I'm good to go. Not that I feel it is all that germane to the topic but I now better understand the “new for me” comment. I had erroneously taken it as this is the first time you had been called right wing.

With respect this from you is utter rubbish;

“I doubt you are because you have accused me of rape. Most rape as you know occurs in the home and I myself was a victim of sexual abuse, so to attempt to layer me with sins of the catholic church based on my faith is without a doubt a vile and politically corrupt thing to do.”

I am sorry for what has happened to you but it shouldn't be something you defend your faith with. I don't know what denomination you are but the Catholic Church was not the only one named in the Royal Commission. The founder of Hillsong was called out as well for instance.

Nor should it permit you to make such an utterly inane statement as “ you have accused me of rape”. I did no such thing and it is typical misdirection on your part to have put it.

A sense of persecution is such a thick strand of fundamentalist Christianity and you are feeding it as per the requirement.

The Christian Church was indeed a broad one where the deep social justice teachings for instance of the Catholic faith was well respected by the Left. Liberation theology was also celebrated and was deemed to be in lockstep with Christ's teaching.

Cont..
Posted by SteeleRedux, Saturday, 25 July 2020 1:04:21 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Cont..

But it is your ilk, the right wing fundamentalists, the ones who so vigorously fought against same sex marriage and the Royal Commission into child sexual abuse, which have so effectively discredited the faith in the eyes of so many.

You are part of that cancer whether you accept it or not.

Now you are touting me as a bullier of women. If you go back through my post history of the last two days you will see there are at least 5 men who could also say I had bullied them. If you want to ask for more temperate language from me because you are a woman then fine. I would be happy to oblige. Just say it.

As to Jesus being a Marxist this was a pretty clear cut pronouncement form him; “If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.”

And what do you think Jesus would have thought of the children on Manus Island or the insanely high indigenous incarceration rates?

Anyway happy to respect your decision to pick up your bat and ball, but if you felt you could get over the victimhood so often displayed by the right then let me know.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Saturday, 25 July 2020 1:05:48 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Good on you, Edie,

Brilliant piece, much to absorb, and so relevant to current societal soul-searching for answers, and for balance.

A PhD in the making.

PS. Rudix sounds as though he has his own axe to grind. Nothing to do with your piece.
Out, damned Spot.
Posted by Saltpetre, Saturday, 25 July 2020 1:24:35 PM
SteeleRedux
You are right I did stoop below my standards. Sexual abuse is extremely common and my experience is not unique, unusual or something that is relevant to my politics. I am not a robot and you pressed a soft spot by accusing me of the sins of men, I remain a feminist I'm afraid. If I was actually to engage with your argument on the same basis I would have to drag out all the sins of Marxism and I am afraid I don't have enough space. Were the bodies of the dead, the raped and the tortured in the name of Marx laid at your feet, I suspect it would not cloud your ideological purity. Thanks for your feedback though, and I am sorry I lost my cool. I don't need special treatment, I am not a adherent of intersectional politics. You are welcome to follow me on twitter and engage there if you like. Cheers
Posted by Edie, Saturday, 25 July 2020 1:54:37 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The people on Manus Island are there by their own choice. They could have flown here on tourist visas then sort asylum, if they were genuine?

Some already here have returned home for a visit with rallies. So things were not as bad as they claimed?

Those remaining, did not pass the UNH refugee test. Yet tried to sneek in via the back door and the inordinately expensive illegal people smuggler route. And have other options remaining, resettlement in the US or NZ. Or repatriation.

They are not prisoners!

If they want to come here?Then they need to go home and apply through legitimate channels and wait their turn like those 60 million or so already in refugee camps!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Saturday, 25 July 2020 2:06:48 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy