The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Messages for Refugee Week > Comments

Messages for Refugee Week : Comments

By Jane Salmon, published 17/6/2020

This is my message : We are one family and one nation. Today part of this family is locked up in jail, in detention. My message to this beautiful family is love.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Anyone residing in Australia, even as waiting refugee applicants, should be treated fairly and with basic living conditions, including access to sunshine and reasonable movement.

Just imagine how such people would be treated if right wing political hard-liners were not exposed by people such as Jane.

Sorry, most Australians are decent people on both sides of politics and in-between.

Australia must always promote its image by treating all people on our shores decently.

We are not animals, albeit some are more so when they offer their hardline and heartless stances.

Being decent does not mean that Australia cannot have a tough stance towards limiting the number of refugees. That is anothe matter.

It just means all people should be treated decently while they are here in Australian territory
Posted by Chris Lewis, Wednesday, 17 June 2020 2:37:29 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
How can we do this to our fellow humans?
Jane Salmon,
Indeed, I watched an SBS Doco the other night on a Prison in Madagascar. Can you please ask the UN why they allow this to happen ? Can you please ask the UN why they don't put a stop to the mass production of refugees ? Please ask these refugees why they don't want to adapt to our way of life & try to force their problem causing culture onto us ? Why is it that once here, the refugees don't work on bettering the situation in their homelands & only go back for holidays when they are in fear of their lives or so they say !
Do that & let us know why this is so Jane Salmon if you don't want to become a Brown Trout !
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 17 June 2020 4:21:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Individual,

So you really think that the young of refugees dont try and fit in.

It is an interesting proposition.

My gut feeling is that many do try and fit in. Not as we would expect, as seen in sport, but more so in terms of getting good jobs and contributing that way.

I wish someone could quantify my generalisation, one way or another.

I think most of their young would embrace the individuality of our society in terms of having more choice and doing something about it, albeit that they may also face cultural indocrination from their parents to a greater degree than say Europeans.
Posted by Chris Lewis, Wednesday, 17 June 2020 4:58:19 PM
So you really think that the young of refugees dont try and fit in.
Chris Lewis,
I didn't even think of the young but since you brought up the subject, aren't they mostly restrained by their respective "Culture" which they're subjected to in their enclaves ?
Trying to fit in is a misnomer because they don't try that, they're trying to force their hosts to adapt to the refugee-imported Culture.
is it any wonder nothing works ?
Our compassion is taken for granted & exploited & even demanded rather than appreciated.
Yes, there are some genuine refugees who are in dire need of help but those invaders who are literally sent to overrun & out-breed us make the original Colonisation of Australia look like a temporary picnic. Perhaps we could get Prof. Langton to give us her view on which of the invaders of her country she would like to give preference to ?

Does she believe the followers of Islam will continue the Welfare system the Europeans started & still provide ? What welfare systems to the islamic countries whose refugees we are forced to absorb, have & why do their refugees not ask for asylum along the way to Australia ? The Europeans have learnt from their failed ideas & have now been rectifying for 70 years. What's the score on that from the islamic countries ?
One good person does not make up for a thousand not so good ones !
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 17 June 2020 6:46:39 PM
Demonstrations never work and at this time of COVID-19 are a sure cause for further infections. It may help lift the image of the noisy protestors, but does nothing to help the victims.

What is needed instead, is a carefully-planned ingenious and precise operation to release these poor fellows from the clutches of those Serco gorillas, then to whisk them to safe hiding-places.

I am afraid that the author is only interested in her own glorification and political gain, unlike these unsung heroes who release and house the prisoners, who truly care but will never be able to tell anyone about it.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Sunday, 21 June 2020 1:03:16 AM
Hmh, Refugee week not sexy enough anymore ?
Posted by individual, Sunday, 21 June 2020 9:41:42 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy