The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Messages for Refugee Week > Comments

Messages for Refugee Week : Comments

By Jane Salmon, published 17/6/2020

This is my message : We are one family and one nation. Today part of this family is locked up in jail, in detention. My message to this beautiful family is love.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
We may have once been one nation and one family, Jane Simpson, but with the large scale importation of unassimilatable people from every race, religion, and culture on earth, we are rapidly becoming Balkanised. Just how dumb an idea it is to fracture your nations social cohesion with "non discriminatory" immigration can be viewed on the TV in real time with these BLM protests. Australia is not as bad yet as in the US and UK, but if we keep allowing non white immigration, our day will come.

When I was in high school, Jane, there were 3.5 billion people on earth. Now there are7.5 billion and the number keeps rising exponentially. All of this rise comes from third world sheetholes because advanced nation would have a negative population growth if it was not for immigration.

The only hope that the ever growing people who live in these sheetholes have is the hope that they can barge into a white western society and pig out on our welfare. The smart Asians will not accept them at all. I know that you have a job in the government, Jane, as some sort of social worker, so you have a vested interest in having as many dysfunctional and crime prone minorities barge into Australia so that your department can look after them.

But if you bothered to see past your self interest, you should be able to figure out that Australia's social security system is in trouble and it is unsustainable. The last thing we want is more trouble and crime prone people who from the very start, break our immigration laws. Either we have a social security system or we have open borders.

So no, Jane, we don't want people barging into our country. Because as that total dimwit Kevin Rudd displayed to everybody, if you take a so called "humanitarian approach, all you do is open the floodgates. Saying "shame, shame, shame", is no substitute for reason, or protecting our own.

Many "refugees" come from countries where they wanted the white man out. Now they want to live with us.
Posted by LEGO, Wednesday, 17 June 2020 10:27:07 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
We are not "one family and one nation"; we have never been more divided, thanks to Leftist identity politics. And the "part of this family (that) is locked up in jail, in detention", is locked up because they are NOT part of any mythical "family" in Australia, and hopefully never will be. That's why they are locked up: because they are here uninvited, or overstayed their visas. They are not wanted. Even our immigrant-crazy Prime Minister still believes that we decide who comes here.

This Mostafa Azimitabar character needs to be bounced out of his taxpayer-funded accommodation quick smart and be sent back to whence he came. And what a nice person Jane Salmon is to refer to Serco employees as "gorillas". But, isn't that anti-social extremists all over? They want to dictate other people's beliefs and behaviour. They can do and say as they please. With friends like them, so-called refugees don't need any enemies.

The "an unpopular mode of arrival" is a crime. It is illegal to enter any country without documentation, or stay in any country with an expired visa. You will be detained, and deported as soon as possible. There is nothing "innocent" about illegals.

All the 'shame' Salmon talks about belongs to her and her rabble rousing kind.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 17 June 2020 10:28:34 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I despair over this "stupid".

What more needs saying than what has been stated by the above posters. I couldn't add to that!

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Wednesday, 17 June 2020 11:03:10 AM
Well spoken, Jane, and thank you for the advocacy shown by yourself and other caring individuals, some of whom have been fighting this thankless fight for well over two decades now.
The comments above are a clear indication of the ignorance and racism so prevalent and deeply entrenched in Australian society.
The so-called 'sheetholes' refugees flee from have largely been created by Western invasion and exploitation. We are complicit and have an obligation to assist the refugees we've helped create.
Refugees are not 'crime-prone'. 'Asylum seekers living in the community on bridging visas are about 45 times less likely to be charged with a crime than members of the general public.' (SMH)
The so-called 'floodgates' were never opened. The spike in arrivals occurred as a result of Abbot shouting his intention to 'stop the boats' and causing refugees who'd already spent years in limbo in Indonesia to end their patient waiting and try to beat the imminent cutoff. The total number of boat arrivals to Australia from 1976 to 2013 was around 70,000 which equated to an average of less than 1,900 per year. They were manageable and relatively small numbers, especially considering that for many years now Australia has averaged an annual net intake of permanent migrants of at least 150,000.
Asylum seekers are not 'illegals'. All people have the right to seek asylum. Australia's boat turnbacks contravene international law and indefinitely detaining and offshoring asylum seekers to send a message of deterrence to others is an appalling breach of human rights.
I join Jane in crying 'shame' at our apathy and cruelty towards refugees. And I despair of Australia ever adopting a more enlightened policy approach.
Posted by Bronwyn, Wednesday, 17 June 2020 11:35:26 AM
I disagree! These folk had to get visas and airline tickets to travel to transitional nations. And where for all particle purposes they were safe from whatever they were allegedly escaping from. Then may have paid a much as a year's salary for a one-way boat trip?

Their choices remain, a transfer to the U.S.A. a return to Narua, or repatriation. One notes, many of our so-called refugees, having settled here, regularly return to their respective homelands, for family reunions and catch-ups.

This comes over as bleeding heart humbug and not very good humbug at that.

If they could fly to transitional countries, then given would they still had to find, they could have flown here on a tourist's visa?

Then sort asylum?

As opposed to the convoluted route they took and came in sperate groups, men, then women and children as a choice!?

I can still see those women and children drowning in the water/smashed against the rocks and our defence personal almost powerless to assist!

Never again!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Wednesday, 17 June 2020 11:39:35 AM
Grammarly auto-corrected practical to particle and used up one of my posts, to correct the record. particle purposes, really? This AI is so useful?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Wednesday, 17 June 2020 11:47:40 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy