The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Unleashing the White Australia virus > Comments

Unleashing the White Australia virus : Comments

By Chek Ling, published 22/5/2020

It is such a shame that the PM and our Foreign Minister felt the need to goad China.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. 12
  13. All
Individual,

I believe that a great liberal democracy, especially one that is relatively affluent, should always accept people from around the world.

However, a liberal democracy has very right to limit the numbers and to choose what areas they come from for legitimate reasons that go beyond the colour of their skin.

Just my opinion.
Posted by Chris Lewis, Sunday, 24 May 2020 8:52:42 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
individual,

Good point. There is nothing more arrogant, exclusive or racist than a Chinese Communist. Undoubtedly, there are individual Chinese who are not that way - Chinese citizens are murdered and imprisoned en masse for defying the Chinese Communist Party - but they are not the Chinese we are dealing with. The Chinese we are dealing with are the very worst sort: the fanatical, nasty, heganomic Communists, with a huge chip on their shoulders, obsessed by the perceived humiliation inflicted on them by the West, who showed them that China was not the centre of Earth and civilisation. As it is impossible to pick good from bad in this inscrutable race, none of them should ever have been allowed into Australia, as far back as the gold rush period. It was these people who were the reason for the White Australia policy: an unfortunate name, settled on by unsophisticated people who didn't know that there were more subtle ways of controlling immigration.
Posted by ttbn, Sunday, 24 May 2020 10:06:04 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
If the schoolyard bully is big and black does that mean we should be afraid of all black folks?

The biggest bully at my school was a big for his age, white guy! The friend that came to my assistance and bloodied the bully's nose was a small black bloke and smaller than me at the time!

I stopped judging folk by the colour of their skin since kindy when we were all colours and races! Some of us got along some didn't and I learnt as I grew that racial hatred is something we learn and are not born with, as indeed as are all our prejudices and beliefs!

I learned to escape from the worst examples with my nose in this or that book and sometimes by reading out loud. Got a few interested enough to ensure that the story ended without interruption and made me popular.

Learned to love books that made the imagination soar and took one to all corners of the globe and among different folk.

Read a complete library on one long holiday as a teenager.

Fascinated by the series on electromagnetism and magnetism in general.

Then energy and how its cost, central to economic well being! TBC
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Sunday, 24 May 2020 11:04:19 AM
Following the latest unrest, observers have declared Hong Kong "finished". The CCP will renege on the deal with Britain. As usual they will say that they agreed to the 'one country two systems' idea from a position of weakness. They will now change their minds from a position of strength. What a bunch of thorough going mongrels apologist for China in this country are siding with, as they attack us and everyone else like the mad dogs that they are.
Posted by ttbn, Sunday, 24 May 2020 11:07:56 AM
I think we all know what scum the CCP is.

It is now a matter of whether Austalians will accept a dramatic decline in revenue as/if we move away from the mindless reliance upon China.
Posted by Chris Lewis, Sunday, 24 May 2020 11:20:01 AM
Cont.

Read, Ivy league Professor and economist, Robert Hargraves book, Thorium, cheaper than coal.

Robert makes the proven economic case that improving economic outcomes has only ever been the one method of doable population control and reduction outside of totalitarian states and stated sanction culling of humans.

With that economic outcome dependant on the cost of both energy and capital!

As is our intended recovery!

We could do worse right now than invest in our military capability, with a purchase of the shelf of a few nuclear powered nuclear-armed submarines and an aircraft carrier,

And get busy busy busy as part of that trade deal building destroyers, frigates and tanks for them and us.

Then build large coal to gas plant and the long-overdue gas pipeline. Cancel the export licences of companies who export gas to China and any other raw material they want to cherry-pick from existing trade deals, but only after we taken delivery of a dozen operational subs and have the crews up trained and manning them. And ASAP!

If we are to invest in clean coal we need nuclear technology as the affordable heat source to cook all the usable methane out of coal then pipe to wherever we want?

Then use it in methane-powered ceramic fuel cells wherever we want that transmission line free, power and for any purpose! Industrial or domestic.

This method will produce energy with an 80% fuel to energy efficiency!

As oppose to coal-fired of 20% tops or with carbon geosequestration, of 6% tops, where one example was tried!

What is gained by cooking out the gas is, elimination of the current 75% transmission line and combined distribution losses of 75%.

And an exhaust product from the ceramic fuel cells of mostly pristine water vapour. Because the gas is not actually burned in the cell but undergoes a catalytic assisted chemical conversion.

This then is how you do clean coal and with much lower domestic and commercial energy prices even as you quite massively reduce carbon emissions! And ensure we have an economic recovery on steroids!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Sunday, 24 May 2020 11:49:08 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. 12