The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Australia's COVID-19 lockdown and its impact on foreign students > Comments

Australia's COVID-19 lockdown and its impact on foreign students : Comments

By Warren Reed, published 8/5/2020

'Australia's treatment of international students during its response to a once-in-a-century pandemic has been heartless, narrow-minded and potentially economically shortsighted.'

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
When Joe says he loves Chinese, he isn't talking about the food, as we "racist turds" do. What went wrong in your life that makes you prefer other races to your own, Joe?
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 8 May 2020 12:53:44 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
LOUDmouth,

The Chinese state run media says they have just discovered the origin of the Wuhan Bat Soup Virus - and guess what! It's YOU!
Posted by Mr Opinion, Friday, 8 May 2020 12:53:56 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Unbelievable:

http://khn.org/morning-breakout/white-house-task-force-to-disband-but-trump-will-retain-birx-fauci-as-pandemic-advisers/

Trump's presidency is a bit like a high school choosing the dumbest jock as head prefect, because his father donates big-time.

So just as the Curve shows no sign of declining, and hick states open up, Trump dismantles the key overseeing body ? Like that bloke says ......

Prediction: daily death numbers will continue to rise, and perhaps at increasing rates, doubling in some places, say, every five or six days. The 'hot-spots' will move out to the major cities in hick states, Des Moines, Boise, Omaha, etc., then to smaller cities, then to large towns, then to small towns and villages. People will drink disinfectant, shine strong lights up their arses and get plenty of Vitamin D, but it won't make a jot of difference.

Sooner or later, American administrations, at state, city, town or hamlet-level, will have to realise that a lock-down and quarantining regions, is essential, that they may have left it too late. Health systems will start to get overwhelmed. Cuba and China may have to send medical teams to the more backward parts of the US.

And of course, the longer they leave it, the more difficult it will be to reverse dumb-arse Trump policies, and the longer it will take to control the curve, bring it down, and clear up all of the most diseased patches of the country, with new clusters breaking out every week. Maybe another couple of years.

Or of course, everybody develops herd immunity. Haven't heard of that for a few days. How's Sweden going with that approach ? Three thousand deaths, compared to fewer than a hundred here. Hmmm, a long way to go before they get to herd immunity: so what's an acceptable level of deaths ? Sooner or later, even Sweden will have to adopt a lock-down policy.

Joe
Posted by loudmouth2, Friday, 8 May 2020 1:04:27 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Amazing how the minds of racist turds work.

ttbn,

I don't love any group above others. I enjoy the company of people no matter their origins, even Pommies - well, I would, wouldn't I, my grandma was from Hull. I recall studying about twenty years ago, with PG students from a huge range of countries, from every country in SE Asia and the Middle East; it was a joy to turn up very day.

But I suppose my problem is that I don't think any group is any better than any other. Or worse. You should try it. 'Nah' .....

Joe
Posted by loudmouth2, Friday, 8 May 2020 1:11:17 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The worse treated people during this time of Covid have been the elderly denied the love of children and grandchildren, people wanting to sit on a park bench and eat a kebab and people denied the right to worship or play golf. People making all the decisions and others that support them are generally highly paid bureaucrats who used dodgy data to control the deplorables. Many of the other public servants are able to do even less than they normally do along with unions while themselves flaunting the rules they applaud. Biggest con in history which will not end well for many.
Posted by runner, Friday, 8 May 2020 2:23:31 PM
Runner: Yes and terrible! So cruel and so unnecessary! Not that you took any notice anyway, hey?

Enjoy the weekend, the grandkids and a church service or two. If that rocks your boat.
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Friday, 8 May 2020 4:56:27 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy