The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Australia's COVID-19 lockdown and its impact on foreign students > Comments

Australia's COVID-19 lockdown and its impact on foreign students : Comments

By Warren Reed, published 8/5/2020

'Australia's treatment of international students during its response to a once-in-a-century pandemic has been heartless, narrow-minded and potentially economically shortsighted.'

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Protecting ourselves from foreign students, particularly those coming from the country which is the source of the China virus is common sense. It might also encourage universities to get back to educating Australians and actually earning their money. Australia has to stop relying on China for everything. We have to stop pretending that China is a normal country, not the aggressive, Communist, potential enemy that it is.

Runs counter to " …. the spirit of the Colombo Plan that began in the early 1950s", our treatment of foreign students, does it? It's interesting how the past is derided until it can be used to make a political point that suits the 'progressive, going forward' brigade. Many things have changed since the 1950s. We now have an expansionist China out to replace America in our region; we have terrorism; we have incompetent and corrupt politicians out for themselves; disease carried with mass immigration; multiculturalism and cultural relativism, and change to our mores and integrity for the mighty dollar - including selling of large lumps of our country and kidding ourselves that it is 'foreign investment'.

It is now time for sovereign countries, including ours, to withdraw and get back to a simpler life with people of their own kind.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 8 May 2020 10:04:14 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
There is no common sense. According to the Australian Financial Review, an "expert committee" has advised the government to fly in thousands of foreign students to stem the mounting financial losses of universities.

It is also predicted that Morrison will soon be doing what he always does - restart massive inflows of immigrants to prop up the property market.

And the chumps will keep on saying what a wonderful job the PM is doing, having thrown thousands of people out of work. That smirk is not on his face for nothing. What a bunch of folks we are allowing him to make the people who can least afford it suffer for his panic.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 8 May 2020 10:40:24 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
TRUTH ABOUT COVID.
After two months maintaining a drought affected outback Australian station during winter of 2019, in late-winter I returned to Sydney and phoned 2 long term friends to catch up.
Each straight away said they had just had the worst attack of flu in their whole lives.

One said he had been feeling so weak he had stayed in bed for over a week and one day he got up to go to the toilet but fell on the bedroom floor. He said he could not get up and was forced to pee on the floor.
Now that amazed me because I have known this man for over 60 years and he is always sober and spotlessly dressed and clean, same with his house and car, always.

My second friend told me he had a flu for a couple of weeks. He said it was the worst flu he had ever had. He said it was not getting better so he went to the doctor who prescribed antibiotics. He said after taking the antibiotics he thought that flu had gone but a few weeks later he felt weak and sometimes dizzy.
He said he went back to his doctor and was sent straight to hospital where fluid was found in his lungs, causing shortage of oxygen flow to his heart and brain.
He remained in hospital for about 3 weeks and received a pacemaker, also because his heart was known to sometimes miss a beat.

Both men have annual flu injections. Both know of each other but have never met or spoken by phone.
I have never previously known of such a severe flu or symptoms.

I now note old pathology samples are showing evidence the Covid-19 existed in Australia. See the attached link or search: old pathology samples show COVID-19 was in circulation last year.

http://www.afr.com/policy/health-and-education/old-pathology-samples-show-covid-19-was-in-circulation-last-year-20200505-p54q3e
Posted by JF Aus, Friday, 8 May 2020 10:48:34 AM
And there is more:

Many Australians have surely already developed some immunity to Covid-19. Perhaps this early 2020 Covid-19 outbreak is the second wave, as indicated by the low death rate of less than 100 in nearly 7,000 known cases in a population of 25 million.

There is other coinciding evidence. Personally, I had a very severe dry cough for about 2 weeks during January 2019, and again for about 1 week during February 2020.
I think both were Covid-19 infections.

During the February 2020 occurrence I did not develop a temperature, perhaps due to good nutrition and health and natural immunity.
Surely proper nutrition including from sunlight should be communicated by government, as a Covid and other virus protection, in advance.
I think evidence of already existing immunity to Covid indicates all Covid response restrictions in Australia should be lifted all at once immediately.

And so called intelligence, concerning this Covid Australia 2019 situation, should be communicated to U.S President Trump.

China must not be blamed for Covid-19 starting in WUHAN during late December 2019 or January 2020.
Posted by JF Aus, Friday, 8 May 2020 10:51:10 AM
Ttbn,

Thanks for that spray - it's interesting what a crisis brings out in people.

JF, yes, I had a persistent cough and runny nose from mid-December, for about three weeks. It made me give up smoking.

Of course, it could have been hay fever, there's often a lot of that around in SA, the driest state :)

Joe
Posted by loudmouth2, Friday, 8 May 2020 11:01:25 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The way that Chinese students as agents of the CCP are taking over our universities, we should get rid of the lot of them and tell them not to come back.
David
Posted by VK3AUU, Friday, 8 May 2020 11:30:29 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy