The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > COVID-19 Four Corners looks back – ignores urgent need for Quarantine accommodation > Comments

COVID-19 Four Corners looks back – ignores urgent need for Quarantine accommodation : Comments

By Arthur Dent, published 3/4/2020

As far as I know the only places that may have got their initial outbreaks under temporary control are those that did move infected people to quarantine accommodation.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Good article... shame about "their ABC" filtered view of this.....

1. No blame on "Chai-na"
2. No praise or apology for the key strategic success of the use of Xmas Island. "Their ABC" tried to execute SCOMO over bushfires, then over Xmas Island and calling Dutton Morrison pair "racist"
3. Dr 'Stormin' Norman Swan, the anchor-man for their alternative government conflicting messages and with hubris then blaming Government for the confusion they caused!

Shame, Shame, Shame......
Posted by Alison Jane, Friday, 3 April 2020 10:06:33 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Their ABC doing it's usual poor best . Good with hindsight and attacking anything that doesn't fit it's ' progressive beliefs ...

Their ABC , with it's opinions and analysis has been pathetic so far during this crises. It needs to be de-constructed !
Posted by Aspley, Friday, 3 April 2020 10:23:22 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
When will we hear of ABC funding being brought back to Earth ?
Posted by individual, Friday, 3 April 2020 11:11:46 AM
Quarantine is possible only if there are home delivery services, and these are not being provided by Coles or Woolworths, at least in Canberra ( despite the thousands available as packers, idle trucks, and grossly overpaid executives).
Posted by Leslie, Friday, 3 April 2020 12:02:48 PM
Elementary my dear Watson!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Friday, 3 April 2020 4:14:03 PM
A left winger in favour of gulags, detention and punishing the population, who would have thought it?
I still cannot get straight answers? How many people have died this year compared to the same period for the preceding ten years?
Apparently it is very infectious, a not uncommon thing for virus to be in it's initial launch. Kills old people, well what doesn't? Pneumonia is always referred to as " The old mans friend".
For this, idiot politicians have gutted economies and are destroying businesses and jobs at an increasing rate. We will pay for this for the next fifty years and idiot Andrews and his "If it saves one life" when he is talking about people 70 and over, please!
I am 73 and if I died of it who would be surprised?
Posted by JBowyer, Saturday, 4 April 2020 9:45:34 AM
JB: Your defeatist statement is hugely inaccurate, Babies and children are taken by this virus.

Moreover not all the old folk are useless appendages, some are still contributing manning ICU's and taking care of often younger folk etc-etc!

In fact, there is a call for those health care professionals in the ranks of the recently retired, to front up and man the barricades! Which no doubt will ensure some of them, pay the ultimate price?

You personally with your current contribution may not be sorely missed? But part of a mostly useless, unloved minority? And therefore, no loss?

Be careful what you wish for.
Take care, if only to protect those you still cherish!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Saturday, 4 April 2020 10:59:18 AM
In August 2019, Arthur Dent said that Boris Johnson couldn’t deliver Brexit. Just in case you think you should be listening to him. And he watches 4 Corners. And he changed his name. He used to be the notorious Albert Langer. And he proudly admits to being a left-wing activist.

I always read contributors’ biographies first. That saves a lot of tedious poring through stuff you are never going to agree with. Arthur/Albert is not interested in anything you say, and nothing he says will make a jot of difference to how the people who have to deal with the China virus act now, or in the future.
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 4 April 2020 11:04:30 AM
The Coronavirus came from Fort Detrick.
http://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/05/health/germs-fort-detrick-biohazard.html
It was covered by the media as a vaping-illness.
http://www.usnews.com/news/top-news/articles/2019-11-14/us-vaping-related-deaths-rise-to-42-cases-of-illness-to-2-172
Next it found it's way to Milan not China.
From Milan it spread to China from garment manufacturing for the Military Games in Wuhan.

You can either believe mainstream media and the WHO war criminals narratives or listen to alternative news and take the word of virologists and epidemiologists, but in any case what we all should be supporting is a billion dollar investigation to get to the bottom of this.

Get the facts.
http://youtu.be/fWhbxJRTtcc

You want to know whose to blame for all this?
People in labs weaponising viruses for use as bioweapons, and those who would use them.
Are they not all playing around with WMD's?
- WMD's that don't have nuclear codes?
Posted by Armchair Critic, Saturday, 4 April 2020 2:05:15 PM
have not blamed the Jews yet Armchair? The lefties have beaten you by blaming it on climate change.
Posted by runner, Saturday, 4 April 2020 2:23:26 PM
JBowyer… chin up, I just turned 60 this year, my third trimester, who knows if the lefties don't insist we are all converted to "Solient Green" at 90, I might even make it past 90, like my Grannies and mother!

This COVID-19/99gg killer virus will be fascination to watch both when its history is written and the consequences re Chai-na and WHO' twisted responses come out.

So don't worry old chap, we oldies a have far more spunk in our blood. it will take more than this COVID-19 strain to knock us out, no matter how hard the likes of Grimacing-Greta 'sweams' at us!
Posted by Alison Jane, Saturday, 4 April 2020 2:35:53 PM
Well said Runner.. nothing else needed here! as for "Armchair theatres" Fake news (something the NYT is so infamous for and worse than CNN, ABA and BBC combined).... I thought the X-fikes and National Inquirer were wacky!
Posted by Alison Jane, Saturday, 4 April 2020 2:40:45 PM
I supported Trump in the beginning until he started bombing Syria over proven fake chemical attacks and proved himself another puppet warmonger President.

And you all lapped up that dogpile too.

I was all for verbally bashing those with Trump Derangement Syndrome.
But I've come to realise that there's an opposite to that.
There are the Trump supporters who would support Trump no matter what he was doing.
If Trump was setting kittens on fire on the podium they would still support him.
Right now I'm not sure which group is more screwed up and mentally challenged than the other.

You can rubbish me all you want but my news is always months ahead of your news, if you even get it.
Your news is a bastardised and redacted version of lies for public consumption, with the purpose of manipulating your opinion rather than uncovering facts and informing you.

Keep watching the mushroom news people, eat it up.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Saturday, 4 April 2020 3:48:59 PM
What ever, "you say potato, I say poTAAToo…" thank you Armchair critic, polite constructive discussion is so much more valuable than the mudslinging by some of the trolls on this site... we all know who they are!

Have a good weekend wherever you are..here in sydney, the sky is blue, the air fresh and a wonderful breeze shooting thru!
Posted by Alison Jane, Saturday, 4 April 2020 3:58:02 PM
Alan B I have to take issue with you on saying I am "Hugely inaccurate". This virus is predominately knocking over old men, then old women and then others. Discrimination is a feature of life and all you snowflakes crying over it will stop it. The virus has killed a few babies and young people. Why you would think my opinion would change any outcome of anything I cannot imagine?
I am a consumer thank you and will be sorely needed during the upcoming depression. I am concentrating on enjoying my twilight years and having a good time after a long working lifetime. Ease up Alan because your views will not change anything either although I am always interested in your opinion.
Posted by JBowyer, Saturday, 4 April 2020 4:05:05 PM
'Your news is a bastardised and redacted version of lies for public consumption, with the purpose of manipulating your opinion rather than uncovering facts and informing you.'

actually Armchair my news was written 2000 years ago well in front of your conspiracies. The outcome of handing all this power to Governments through fear is not going to end well. Better make sure you are on the right side. The arrogant new world order is no match for their Creator.
Posted by runner, Saturday, 4 April 2020 4:05:08 PM
I'm not going to say I believe in something that I'm not sure of.
Thou shall not bear false witness, runner.
That's why I'm agnostic, and if God exists he knows where I'm at.
My part is not to pick a side like all the other sheeple.
My part is to stand back and look at the bigger picture in things.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Saturday, 4 April 2020 4:19:21 PM
Armchair Critic... sound stance and advice... BUT can you prevent the likes of Aiden and 'Steel-rednuts'form bullying and mysodgintist comments. as " pig-ignorant, senile climate realist old tart" Have I forgotten any of their choice words for me?...

Debate and challenge is why I left aero engineering to take up science and never regretted it( well the money would have been better). and why OLO is such a good ideas environment.

I have tried to respond to their abuse, but like all spoilt children... they always know best. So I appreciate your views
Posted by Alison Jane, Saturday, 4 April 2020 5:09:59 PM
'Your news is a bastardised
runner,
Google 'RT News' for a different take on things !
Posted by individual, Saturday, 4 April 2020 5:13:58 PM
Dent's, formerly Langer's, views on COVID-19 need to be appreciated in just one respect.

During the time he spent in gaol, specifically Solitary, at least he was forced to learn about Social Distancing.
Posted by plantagenet, Saturday, 4 April 2020 5:23:17 PM
'Your news is a bastardised
runner,
Google 'RT News' for a different take on things !

actually Individual as someone who has consistently pushed the overpopulated earth myth I doubt whether your source has any credibility. In fact you will be the first to fall for the 'elite's' very sick agenda to control the world through a one world currency.
Posted by runner, Saturday, 4 April 2020 5:50:39 PM
the overpopulated earth myth
runner,
you're a real Gem. You vehemently defend a myth but call a fact a myth !
You leave me gob-smacked !
Do you suffer from headaches at all ?
Posted by individual, Saturday, 4 April 2020 8:13:53 PM
Hey Alison Jane,

"I have tried to respond to their abuse, but like all spoilt children... they always know best. So I appreciate your views"

Just tell them to grow up.
I'll put my hand up and admit I also need to be told every now and again.

If someone says something I think is stupid, I feel kind of obligated to say so.
- But I don't come looking for the arguments.
I try to comment on a basis of merit, and don't like to get involved in partisan politics or petty squabbles.

I often come out with some conspiratorial stuff, and more often than not I support a conservative position on things but occasionally I'll support the other side if I think the issue holds merit.

I think the other forum members know this, and maybe they don't go so hard on my conspiratorial rantings because they know generally I'll support arguments that hold merit, and that I also look at the bigger picture.
- Or maybe they don't want to stir me up, I don't know.

I usually support your opinions on things and they're as valuable a contribution to the forum as anyone else's opinion.

- Don't allow others to get the best of you -
Posted by Armchair Critic, Sunday, 5 April 2020 5:53:43 AM
I just saw on the news that China has been supplying countries around the world with faulty COVID-19 test kits.

Like the Wuhan virus these test kits seem to come with a MADE IN CHINA guarantee.

Maybe China sent faulty test kits intentionally in order to hamper the West's fight against the Wuhan virus.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Sunday, 5 April 2020 12:03:36 PM
Dear Armchair Critic,

I certainly don't subscribe to to anything you have put about the origins of the virus. Occam's Razor rules here I'm afraid.

I know how much the American response has been stymied by an incompetent President and the deaths of tens of thousands will be on his hands.

But I also recognise just how much the Chinese government's efforts to keep a lid on the virus will have contributed to that death toll.

The Washington Post has done a good breakdown of the timeline and just how obstructionist both the Chinese and the White House have been for the officials trying to deal with this in the US.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2020/04/04/coronavirus-government-dysfunction/?arc404=true
Posted by SteeleRedux, Sunday, 5 April 2020 3:21:07 PM
Hi SteeleRedux

Hopefully the tens of thousands of needless US deaths directly stemming from Trump's egotistical

inability to recognise/handle the COVID outbreak will lead to Trump's November election loss.
Posted by plantagenet, Sunday, 5 April 2020 3:57:34 PM
On this morning's news was a Toowoomba Lady complaining about social distancing. Allegedly accepts the need to self isolate after she and her husband, returned from a cruise and tested positive for covid-19.

Said she felt like she had the plague the way folk, family and friends? Avoided her.

Simply put, this virus is very nearly as deadly as the plague and once that penetrates some thick if otherwise privileged pampered heads and they just start looking at what they need, as responsible citizens, who give a rat's, do!

This virus is unlike anything ever encountered! Seems to be able to protect itself from the cold for an extended time, with an oily coat, microscopic or course?

And therefore able to survive outside the warmblooded host for as long as 12 hours or maybe more?

Those nincompoops out there panic buying are not helping but forcing ill folk who could otherwise self isolate to protect their poor dumb selves from them!

If a migratory bat from Australia wound up in a Chinese wet market, doesn't make a Chia-na virus? Or an Australian or Europen virus.

Some of the worst affected cruise liners never ever went anywhere Chia-na!

Some pathogens may have arrived from Mars, millions of years ago and carried here preserved and hibernating in meteorite showers that came from there?

So who can say this virus is not an alien none of us have ever in all of human history been exposed to?

What's important is, we do not infect others if we have it?

Force others who are affected to go out and shop all over the shire, for the very essentials the fathead preppers are hoarding? And inadvertently transfer it to a close rally or this or that hoarding prepper and transfer it to them that way, even hunkered in their over-provisioned bunkers!?

The only thing that matters is what we do about it, not the business as usual politics or panic buying of the gormless!

You'll take care now and stay safe! Y'hear!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Monday, 6 April 2020 10:28:34 AM
The hate Trump syndrome lot are out in force again. That virus is much more dangerous than Coronavirus.

They want to blame Trump for the lack of preparedness of New York & other state run hospitals & health systems, as you would expect from those so infected. Of course they religiously avoid mentioning that the ratbag mare of New York & the Governor are both rabid Democrat Trump haters.

It is bad news for the average citizen, but they are getting what they voted foe, with bells on, total incompetence.
Posted by Hasbeen, Monday, 6 April 2020 11:42:33 AM
Yes. After weeks of Trump denying COVID was a threat to the US (thereby making the virus spread more deadly for his citizens) Trump has reshaped himself as a "Wartime President"

With a big "C" on his metaphorical Superman suit.

That is C for COVID, not the C--t he is.
Posted by plantagenet, Monday, 6 April 2020 3:25:53 PM
It's just a thought, but because if the lockdown process in multiple countries, it's not only the poor that have been affected, the middle class and people who recently opened companies/startups have been going through a lot as well, of course there is a major difference between the standard of living between the two classes but my point of concern is, many people have been starting fundraisers to collect money and then distribute it to the needy through charitable institutions. However are we sure that'll help? The sums are not small and we're still uncertain on how long this lockdown this will continue, people are losing their jobs and running into debts, is asking for funds really gonna help the country? Shouldn't everyone focus on themselves rn? Shouldn't everyone save up to prevent regret and further debts from accumulating later? All I'm saying is 'are fundraisers really the best way to help?'  All I'm saying is that shouldn't we put forward our ideas abt this? Shouldn't governments around the world hold of loan/emi payments? rather than just collecting money shouldn't we all come together as a community and help each other in ways other than collecting money. Rather than collecting money how about we try to preserve what we have and urge the governments to help the needy(many governments are doing it) I just wanna know everyone's views and suggestions on this.
Posted by Misaka Mikoto, Wednesday, 8 April 2020 2:15:34 PM
Hey SteeleRedux,

I'll tell you something I heard.
Israel has desperately been trying to get medical equipment.
They even advertise that they're using covert means and undermining other countries to get what they need.
The US doesn't have enough for itself.
They've given advice to soldiers to cover their faces with T'shirts.
Meanwhile the US just in the last few days sent 1 million masks to Israel;
Also I remember a story a week or so back where Trump sent New York a truckload of masks, Mossad had intecepted it and it was being hoarded by a group of Israelis.
The police did a raid and got the stuff back, but I haven't heard any more since the US sent them a planeload of supplies...

All whilst the US military are told to use a T-shirt.
I don't really support the soldiers, I think they're paid mercenaries, for unjust wars
- But what an insult "Use a T-shirt" whilst your government sends a million masks to a foreign country.

You may not believe the things that I say, that's ok.
My YouTube source is generally 50% fact and 50% working theory.
When he (George Webb) states something as fact, you can believe it is.
As far as working theory goes he's right far more often than not.
They'll keep digging down, don't you worry.
My second source (The Last American Vagabond) occasionally gets things wrong but the good info by far outweighs when he gets things wrong or out of context.

None of us should believe anything on face value.
We should all demand more evidence instead of falling for pre-prepared narratives.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Friday, 10 April 2020 4:42:31 PM
Archair you need to get out more, look at the birds, the trees, the rivers..... otherwise you will believe the aliens are behind D Don, Bojo and Scomo... too much Dr who mate.

Happy peaceful, safe and distant easter to all of ya!
Posted by Alison Jane, Friday, 10 April 2020 4:48:09 PM
Hey SteeleRedux,

"I certainly don't subscribe to anything you have put about the origins of the virus. Occam's Razor rules here I'm afraid."

Doe's Occam's Razor mean we just jump to the simplest answer:

a/ In spite of all evidence? or;
b/ After we've taken all evidence into account?

Do we 'assume' that since 'most' of the first 'reported' cases traced back to Wuhan fish market that it started there?
Do we ignore the epidemiologists who say it must've started at a larger global event in October / November?
Do we ignore the closure of Fort Detrick and the strange nursing home deaths?
Or the similar symptoms and deaths related to 'vaping illness'?
Do we ignore the connection to Milan from garment manufacturers to the Military Games?
Do we not look at the people at the WHO Adhanom, Fauci, Birx, and others Bavari, Redfield: their backgrounds, patents and who benefits from C19?
Do we not look at connections between these people and those in or connected to the US government who have ran covert operations involving bioweapons?
Do we not look at the virus itself to determine whether or not it was a naturally occuring mutation or an engineered one?
Understand how it differs from MERS and SARS?
Whether or not it split into numerous strains?
Do we not need to have a better understanding on what goes on in these labs?
Are they creating things to defend against biological attacks?
Or are they creating things to be used in biological attacks?
Deliberately trying to transmit virus from some animals to other animals and eventually to humans, as weapons and on purpose, for a purpose?
Using Gene-slicing to create all sorts of things that would never have occurred naturally?

Shouldn't we know the facts on these issues?
Once we exhaust all these lines of inquiry and get down to the barebone facts maybe then we can consider the simplest answer then.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Friday, 10 April 2020 10:50:12 PM
[Cont.]

"The Washington Post has done a good breakdown of the timeline and just how obstructionist both the Chinese and the White House have been for the officials trying to deal with this in the US."

Forget China, they had tens of thousands of cases and Trump was saying 'It's just a flu, it'll all blow over' or something to that effect.
You want to know what the real truth is?
Here's Occam's Razor for ya:

THEY KNEW, BUT DIDN'T TELL US AND SOLD STOCK
Posted by Armchair Critic, Friday, 10 April 2020 10:51:17 PM
Well said Armchair. I am a strong believer in Occam's razor principles, and like you need to investigate first and thoroughly... and the apply.

Unlike Climate change cultists who use it to jump to their simple Carbon focused world, just because its suits their simple agenda and understanding of the complexities of the water, nitrogen, sulphur,....carbon cycles!
Posted by Alison Jane, Saturday, 11 April 2020 4:48:49 AM
Amazing Polly (YouTube Channel) is doing some good work.
This one is well worth watching, I watched it last night.
Good to have a look at Bill Gates in all of this.

Boom Info on Maeve Kennedy, Birx, Gates - CORRECTED
http://youtu.be/zoK6h4Mg7E8

Whitney Webb also has a new article in her 'Engineering Contagion' series.
http://www.thelastamericanvagabond.com/category/whitney-webb/

George Webb continues to drill-down
Fauci, Birx, and Redfield - Army Virus Bioweapons Plan
http://youtu.be/CJelNf7hewk

Currently watching latest episode of The Last American Vagabond, then I'll go check out mhaze's Epoch Times article.

"COVID-19" Whatever It Is, Was Here Before 2020 & Clear Evidence Death Numbers Are Being Manipulated
http://youtu.be/uSaXB8vhMtc
Posted by Armchair Critic, Saturday, 11 April 2020 8:21:14 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy