The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The coming crisis in our schools: teachers struggle with COVID-19 > Comments

The coming crisis in our schools: teachers struggle with COVID-19 : Comments

By Peter West, published 25/3/2020

Australians celebrate larrikins like Ned Kelly and Ben Hall, celebrated bushrangers who spent their lives fighting police. Australians deliberately flout authority, and parents often challenge schools and belittle teachers.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Yes, I must a romantic. I'll tell this to the next 100 or 200 people as they queue outside the door begging for a bit of um, yeah .....that thing we used to do among consenting adults. Maybe by the time all this is over we might have forgotten how to do it.

Readers would do well to follow the advice of health professionals and eschew quackery, snake oil salesmen, and holy rollers. Maybe like Indonesians we can pray in an attempt to make all this go away?

Check on how that country is doing with the virus. And China too, if you can believe what they say.

And be fair to Our Ned, please.
Posted by Waverley, Wednesday, 25 March 2020 12:53:59 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Alan B.

Not to be agist. Where you drool "youngish...teachers" clearly you haven't read the article, old coot.

Note, your better, Mr West, wrote:

"There are very few younger teachers and fewer males every year, especially in State schools, primary schools most of all. Thus teaching is mostly done by middle-aged, middle-class females in school after school...Our teaching force is aging every year: the average age of teachers in New South Wales State schools goes up every year by some eight or nine months."

This demands a good ol boy, KKK solution, plus two Ks, ie:

Kreate Koncentration Kamps for Kids solitarally Konfined (KKKKK).

Here endeth my lesson.
Posted by plantagenet, Wednesday, 25 March 2020 2:32:28 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Pete: Well old mate, if the KKK, Krikey KKK, Kids learn anything from you? It KKK Kan't be good manners?

Kripes, I read the article and stand by my take. And the good news that soon we may have a pill that provides some positive protection for all whose Kompromised immune systems are Kollapsing. Are we klear?

As for the gender and age bracket of the teacher Kohort? Totally irrelevant, given the same pill would be bisexual and just as effective if at all, for all adults. Even Granny?

And we are only working with, as I understand the current research, a range of already approved if retasked medication.

It's actually of paramount importance that the KKK Krickey, Kids get an education and not be forced to repeat a year if that is not necessary! They already carry enough stress to KKK, Kill a Kluster of KKK, Karpet snakes.

Plus we need to protect all those wonderful human beings who put up their hands as teachers, doctors, nurses and other health professionals, who are as I write, are working around the clock on treatments that may provide a level of protection while we get a vaccine tested as both safe and effective! I KKK, Kid you not!

Karry on and stay Kalm. Take Kare and stay safe.
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Wednesday, 25 March 2020 4:05:14 PM
https://www.spatialsource.com.au/latest-news/tracking-the-spread-of-coronavirus
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 25 March 2020 4:17:13 PM
Some years ago my wife and I took the kids out of school as the social engineering was nothing short of wicked. My wife homeschooled the kids for a few years. The kids spent about 2 hours a day on 'school' work' The main problem was that when a school more in line with our values became available, each of them was to far in advance of the other kids. One ended up a doctor and is now unfortanetly at the front line of a major City hospital. Another ended up cruising through uni with first class honours while the other is also doing well. Coming from a dunce who needs a dictionary according to one of the prominant olo writers I think a little homeschooling will raise the ever declining learning of our kids. I am sure the teachers union will have something to say on this.
Posted by runner, Wednesday, 25 March 2020 4:27:21 PM
A.J. Don't know how effective quinine would be, if at all given the one that apparently helped with SARS1 was the newer medication.

Heard sometime ago some researcher in Melbourne thought she'd curd aids with a repurposed combination of approved rheumatoid arthritis medication and leukemia chemo. Apparently, had her funding pulled? Given the billions big pharma earns, managing symptoms?

Dangerous given the way viruses mutate and become untreatable (Canada).

But beside the point. Given my druthers, I'd harvest some of the patient's T cells (bone marrow) and grow them a thousandfold in the lab. Then put them back in the patient. (a few days) and with them in and killing thousands of viruses in kamikaze attacks? Get the patient healthy enough to tolerate small doses of the combined therapy.

And given this combination was allegedly successful on HIV/aids? Might work as well if not better on covid-19 than other previously alleged also successful Anti HIV, antivirals. and without suppressing the immune system.

This time we're not trying to save/cure a few hedonistic gay men but hundreds f thousands of potential victim, fellow Australians. I'd tear up patent laws, intellectual property and just go for it.

Think, if a powerful Asian nation wanted to take us over? Would there ever be, a better time than now? That's why we need to make sure we at least have all military personal fit for duty and on deck even if reinfected?

Probably means we need to inject a slow-release (antiviral) device under their hides to carry them through alive and well until the vaccine is safe and perfected. Even if it is a bit of a pain in the Punjab? Groin/armpit?

Take care and stay safe!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Wednesday, 25 March 2020 5:53:16 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy