The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Julian Assange, political offences and legal restraints: day three of extradition hearings > Comments

Julian Assange, political offences and legal restraints: day three of extradition hearings : Comments

By Binoy Kampmark, published 28/2/2020

Today, the focus shifted to the protagonist himself and the nature of the US-UK Extradition Treaty of 2003.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
yeah, and ...
Posted by Chris Lewis, Friday, 28 February 2020 7:53:31 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Assange thought he could get away with encouraging US Government employees to leak millions of classified documents to Assange's Wikileaks fiefdom - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WikiLeaks

Assange's whole business model was the use of INTERnational communications using the INTERnet. In using the INTERnet Assange hoped he would be Immune from any country's laws (especially the UK's and US').

BUT, the US, UK, Snowden's Russia and almost all developed countries have made laws (for many years) against use of the INTERnet to publish their highly classified documents.
Posted by plantagenet, Friday, 28 February 2020 8:16:10 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Lesson! If you're not prepared to face the consequences of YOUR actions, DO NOT PROCEED! End of story! I for one, will be glad when this exercise in monumental BS is over and done!

And this site finally liberated to debate far more important issues!

Like say, a credible energy policy? TBC.
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Friday, 28 February 2020 9:25:12 AM
Alan, Bereft of the facts as usual and as I wrote yesterday, Manning is not free, Manning was imprisoned Illegally again last year by the US government for failing to give evidence against Assange in this current trumped up legal fiasco.

Assange sought asylum because of the false rape charges brought against him by Sweden, at the behest of the US govt, knowing full well he would be extradited to the US illegally on the current false charges.

No mystery, you just need to know the facts before making false assumptions as you have for more than 3 years that I can recall.
Galen
Posted by Galen, Friday, 28 February 2020 11:28:55 AM
As I understand you, Galen, your opinions are facts and my facts, merely opinion?

Nonetheless, the criminal bail jumper will soon have his day in court, as he should! And on the basis of, do the crime, do the time! Y'll have a nice day now, y'hear.
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Friday, 28 February 2020 12:47:59 PM
Alan, they are not my opinions, they ARE the FACTS.

Look at the evidence, it does not lie.

This fiasco is up there with Russiagate, Ukrainegate, Trumps fake impeachment and so many other ridiculous things that have unequivocally been proven to be false/fake.

Stop relying on the MSM for your information, you might actually learn a thing or two.
Galen
Posted by Galen, Saturday, 29 February 2020 12:00:37 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy