The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Boris Johnson, Brexit and the Roman Empire > Comments

Boris Johnson, Brexit and the Roman Empire : Comments

By Peter Bowden, published 24/2/2020

We are all divided he says, into Euro-sceptics and Euro-philes. Some prefer their national customs, traditions and national governments; Others prefer forming a single unit out of disparate nations.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
I've been expecting spate of Belt Boris sentiment to add to Trumpophobia.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 24 February 2020 7:49:12 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
God...if ever a man needed the application of Ockham razor to a conspiracy theory, Peter Bowden does.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=skcCu4RUkAg

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Monday, 24 February 2020 9:15:32 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
One notes, Boris is characterised in the article as an individual with an extreme ability to create fictional history. When I was a boy we had a different name for it and the pathological pork pie tellers, who couldn't lie straight in bed?

Yess there are divisions and created by deliberate design by power junkies among us!

And these folk rely on cultural and inculcated difference as they seek division and chaos among formerly cohesive societies, as divide and rule strategies.

The referred to Romans were particularly good at this and using their conquered nations as armies against their former enemies, and it was former foes who then occupied and policed conquered territory!

Even when we know there are only 6 degrees of difference between all of humanity! Those who seek to divide and rule, seek out and use any and all difference and greed, to accomplish their often devious ends?

Boris is now PM, Putin remains ensconced, wants the constitution changed so like his Chinese counterpart can remain ruler for life!

It has always been thus and accompanied by eventual disastrous consequences for the poor deluded fools who believe all this, shovelled by the shipload BS?

Thus we see the division between the haves and the have nots grow ever larger and accompanied by outcomes where the top 1% of the population own 50% of our combined wealth, even as our iconic industries and enterprises are sold down the river/ deliberately dismantled!

Islands of shrinking prosperity are surrounded by exponentially expanding deserts of unmet need, want and poverty!

And it's these poor deluded impoverished fools who decide who rules them! How much they will pay for formerly state-owned energy. and one of two pillars that support every western-style economy!
Go figure?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Monday, 24 February 2020 9:53:35 AM
Dearest Al

Good morning.

That was a pretty good post, and no mention of thorium, which made it less difficult to read to the end.
But how could one disagree with it. Although your personal frustration of the ever losing game we are involved in, is evident in its lines, there is hope I believe.

But as you so point out from history, must we the crushed and trampled, ever fight back up from skid row, the most powerless position of combat?

We need a winning strategy. There is one I believe, and it assembles itself under the heading of "fight fire with fire".

I've previously proposed a solution on these pages, to the powerless nature of the voter in democracies (sic).
We need to establish the real commercial, or economic value of our vote, to establish the answer to its true value, and thus its degree of importance to the politician.

To do this, a complete change to the voting system as exists, re arriving at a booth to cast a vote, is scrapped.
Every vote must be auctioned on the open market, through existing public auction platforms, with proceeds of the sale (if any), to be returned to the vote owner.

There is much more argument to this proposal, but for the moment, the above will do.

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Monday, 24 February 2020 11:09:40 AM
Well, Dan, Yes I didn't mention thorium nor nuclear energy. Because even though it has been proven in operation to have the lowest death toll per gigawatt, and the examples I've researched, i.e., MSR thorium, has the lowest cost, is safer, more reliable than coal, is cheaper than coal.

And is the lowest-cost source of miracle cancer cure, bismuth 213. Or that future energy policy ought to be decided by the market, it cannot decide for the aforementioned, because of asinine, official prohibition.

Fighting back can only happen at the ballot box and by like-minded folk who finally say, thus far and no further

And need to organise and convince voters via social media to chuck every incumbent and selected from those who are willing to finally, finally, put Australia and we Australians first!

As opposed to creating divide and rule division! As long as around 0% just don't vote and another 10% vote informal? Nothing changes except the same old, same old BS and shovelled by the shipload by folk who pretend to care!?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Monday, 24 February 2020 7:39:58 PM
Correction, 0% should read 40%.
Alan.
Posted by Alan B., Monday, 24 February 2020 7:44:41 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy