The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Not enough beds > Comments

Not enough beds : Comments

By Peter Baume, published 11/2/2020

There are more old people requiring residential care than there are beds available. So the power rests with the providers of care.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
Yuyutsu,

<<If I am told that Australia is willing to give them this visa, then with one phone call I would have my person fill the next plane with their friends, in one hour.>>

Please don't act off the cuff. I urge you to go to talk to your local federal member of parliament to propose the plan to him or her.

I warn you that even when MPs work with the Dept of Home Affairs on visa applications, it can take years to process some visas.

I urge you to take your excellent idea to your local MP.
Posted by OzSpen, Wednesday, 12 February 2020 8:33:08 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
in one hour
Yuyutsu,
In that case you'd better tell the Police & Immigration because if security checks can be done in one hour as you suggest, you could save the Govt & us hundreds of millions of Dollars.
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 12 February 2020 9:46:10 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Spencer,

Thank you, I will raise the issue when I next get a chance to meet my local MP.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Thursday, 13 February 2020 9:01:01 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy