The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Is Donald Trump destined to fail? > Comments

Is Donald Trump destined to fail? : Comments

By Keith Suter, published 30/1/2020

Barber argued that there were four presidential styles derived from a person being either 'active' or 'passive' and from being either 'positive' or 'negative'.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All
"Oh that's right 'climate emergency'!"

A rather abortive comment, Aye runner?!

What with a year round fire season (since June 2019 and going strong) burning people in Australia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019%E2%80%9320_Australian_bushfire_season
Posted by plantagenet, Saturday, 1 February 2020 5:32:25 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear runner,

I am glad you are amused by your president. He amuses me constantly.

It does make a welcome change from your usual position, behind him with your lips puckered.

However I do wonder if supplicating and fawning fundamentalist Christians like yourself have considered that Trump may well fit the description of the anti-Christ, especially when he comes out with things like;

“President Trump is the greatest President for Jews and for Israel in the history of the world, not just America, he is the best President for Israel in the history of the world...and the Jewish people in Israel love him....like he’s the King of Israel. They love him like he is the second coming of God...But American Jews don’t know him or like him. They don’t even know what they’re doing or saying anymore. It makes no sense! But that’s OK, if he keeps doing what he’s doing"

The King of Israel? Wasn't that a title for David or Saul?

But wait it gets better;

"Energy Secretary Rick Perry in a recent interview with Fox News said President Donald Trump was the “chosen one” who was “sent by God” to lead the country."
http://www.businessinsider.com.au/rick-perry-fox-news-trump-chosen-one-sent-by-god-2019-11?r=US&IR=T

Then Trump even claimed it for himself saying "I am the chosen one" as he looked heavenward.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JsAQj36gCU

Now I find this all very bloody funny but I'm wondering if there is part of this that gets you even a little bit wary.

The anti-Christ may well have revealed himself. Does this stir the loins of our runner? I suspect it might.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Saturday, 1 February 2020 6:37:09 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
As I said last Presidential Election, Trump will win.
Posted by Is Mise, Saturday, 1 February 2020 7:04:07 PM
Well Steelie I suspect the anti Christ will be loved by the god haters and deniers. From all my observations the baby killers, the globalist and the Israel haters are the ones who hate Trump. So no he does not seem to fit the role. Let me know who else you come up with.
Posted by runner, Saturday, 1 February 2020 9:51:51 PM
Dear runner,

Now I know you are probably suffering chapped lips but please concentrate.

"For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work, but only until the one who now restrains it is removed. And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will destroy with the breath of his mouth, annihilating him by the manifestation of his coming. The coming of the lawless one is apparent in the working of Satan, who uses all power, signs, lying wonders, and every kind of wicked deception for those who are perishing, because they refused to love the truth and so be saved."

Thessalonians 2:7–10 NRSV (1989)

This really does sound like Trump and his supporters like you doesn't it. An obviously guilty President is placed above the law by his adoring flock. By not accepting the 'truth' of his guilt in the face of his 'lying wonders' they may well perish.

This is what he has done to the congress, the elect;

"For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and produce great signs and omens, to lead astray, if possible, even the elect."

Matthew 24:24 and Mark 13:22 NRSV (1989)

Trump is your object of worship isn't he;

"As to the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered together to him, we beg you, brothers and sisters, not to be quickly shaken in mind or alarmed, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as though from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord is already here. Let no one deceive you in any way; for that day will not come unless the rebellion comes first and the lawless one is revealed, the one destined for destruction. He opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, declaring himself to be God."

Thessalonians 2:1–4 NRSV (1989)

You sir will be lost unless you repent of your idolatry forthwith.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Saturday, 1 February 2020 11:47:15 PM
You are hilarious Steelie. You quote from the 'book' that you have mocked and denied ever since you have been on olo.

I suspect your hatred of Trump far surpasses any temptation at all that I would have to 'worship' Trump. Admittingly compared with the policies of the lying democrats who can't accept democracy, rejoice in killing innocent babies. deny biology and want to ban the mention of Jesus Christ in any setting, then Trump does look pretty good. But as a Messiah? No! Leave that to you in the warmist cult who bow to the altar of saint Greta.
Posted by runner, Sunday, 2 February 2020 9:02:16 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy