The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > My ABC, some of the time > Comments

My ABC, some of the time : Comments

By Don Aitkin, published 9/1/2020

Why so many? After all, there are about as many Buddhists as Aboriginals, and three times as many Chinese. Ah well, despite the ABC's need to show impartiality, Reconciliation is somehow more important.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
hey don - please see this article that explains that whether or not 2020 is a new decade is just semantics: https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/611490/when-does-a-new-decade-begin
Posted by semantics, Thursday, 9 January 2020 8:00:51 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
All would (almost) be forgiven if the educated ABC announcers would learn that "vunerable" goes not exist.
Posted by ateday, Thursday, 9 January 2020 8:28:23 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Don't blame the clowns for acting like clowns, blame yourself for going to the circus.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 9 January 2020 9:53:07 AM
The ABC is the one shining beckon of integrity and unbiased reporting we have left is not partisan and serves us all with equal equanimity! Privatising it would change all that in favour of what the current private media produces, highly biased, patently partisan commentary and king-making power!

Instead of this BS I would de-privatise what has already been privatised and return the social amenity these bought and paid for instruments by our forbears at great sacrifice and therefore not up for grabs or sold to buy the votes of the ignorant! Or have our destiny decided for us in the halls of power in a foreign land! Or the by coal industry stooges!

As for diversity, look to the private media first! Our ABC does them like a dinner!

. Time we decided our own destiny as opposed to having it decided for us, to our eternal detriment! Hands off our ABC!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Thursday, 9 January 2020 10:37:15 AM
There's no doubt the ABC is a hotbed of idealism. I can't find the link but a few days ago one of their online articles said the Snowy 2 project could fully replace coal in Australia. Trouble is that Snowy 2 if it ever gets built can only generate 2 gigawatts maximum and a minute ago black and brown coal were generating 18 GW according to NemWatch. Facts may not be so important in the ABC world view. I wonder if that's why at least one senior journalist with a basis in reality felt they had to leave.
Posted by Taswegian, Thursday, 9 January 2020 10:57:18 AM
besides sport, i watch more ABC and SBS than anything else.

I think both networks are top class.

However, I am not bothered by the quesrtion about whether the ABC or any other network gets privatised.

I look to PBS in the US, and even SBS here to know what quality will prevail for public interest broadcasters, notwithstanding the political bias of many attracted to such networks.
Posted by Chris Lewis, Thursday, 9 January 2020 11:12:27 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy