The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > My ABC, some of the time > Comments

My ABC, some of the time : Comments

By Don Aitkin, published 9/1/2020

Why so many? After all, there are about as many Buddhists as Aboriginals, and three times as many Chinese. Ah well, despite the ABC's need to show impartiality, Reconciliation is somehow more important.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Chris Lewis,
I must admit that axing Q & A was a major step towards improving the ABC !
Posted by individual, Friday, 10 January 2020 10:31:53 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Individual,

i stopped watching Q&A years ago; a very poor show
Posted by Chris Lewis, Saturday, 11 January 2020 9:21:26 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
having said previous, i thought Barrie Cassidy was pretty good too.

There was a a guy who retired from ABC Newsradio in 2019 after twenty or more yeasrs working for the ABC. I cant remember his name today, but his retirement speech on radio left an impression to me that he had considerable intellect and a balanced view towards Australian politics.

sad that i cant remember his name.
Posted by Chris Lewis, Saturday, 11 January 2020 9:38:43 AM
Chris lewis,
The concept of Q & A is actually a very good one. The problem is that the Marxists have hijacked the program with the consent of the just as Marxist bureaucrats within the Public Service who keep providing them with OUR Tax Dollars to sabotage the Nation. Get some insipid Leftie host & Presto, you have a taxpayer funded propaganda machine.
I have tried to find out for 50 years what makes a human being so gullible to propaganda & my conclusion is that it is the education system's dumbing-down agenda !
Hand out Degrees to people who don't even know what they have done to receive certificates & the stage is set for the next, even more dumb generation.
Posted by individual, Saturday, 11 January 2020 9:42:10 AM
yes, fair dinkum debate will show strength and weaknesses of each policy stance. Only then can policy debate move on to more plausible solutions.

virtually all issues have two sides, and all perspectives need to be heard in a debate.

if the host is biased, and allows a show to turn into a bully fest, it merely becomes another biased show that turns many off
Posted by Chris Lewis, Saturday, 11 January 2020 10:01:01 AM
i really think much of the blame lies with the education system, dominated by the left in the humaniaties.

when once i proposed to write a critical article on the HIP, which i did, iwas told to send my polemic rubbish to Quadrant magazine.

Obvioulsy his opinion of myself hit a low after he found i had been published in quadrant given i was not so sympathetic to Labor.

And even more isulting to my hopes to work in academia, which i thought was committed to calling a spade a spade notwithstanding the reality that we all may have some bias as humans, i actually voted Labor at the time
Posted by Chris Lewis, Saturday, 11 January 2020 10:08:37 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy