The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The latest US anti-abortion laws are a response to judicial activism > Comments

The latest US anti-abortion laws are a response to judicial activism : Comments

By Brendan O'Reilly, published 24/5/2019

In my opinion judicial activism is not that much different to a (limited) bloodless coup d'état, except that there is no penalty potentially applying to offending judges.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All
Observation use to be an essential part of science. Baby killers put blindfolds on. Looking through a microscope can easily confirm an unborn baby as being human. Instead we get weasel words in order to deny the obvious.
Posted by runner, Sunday, 26 May 2019 11:10:04 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
To Saltpetre and Alan B (again),

If you want to know how it's done here's a link that has videos explaining the process in modern medicine.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jgw4X7Dw_3k&list=PLRCroccSjXWR9HVr_ooA3ErEAR0SifdwY&index=1

Although Planed Parenthood doesn't go into the detail of the procedures for abortions it does agree by the names and brief descriptions of the procedures.

https://www.plannedparenthood.org/learn/abortion/in-clinic-abortion-procedures/what-happens-during-an-in-clinic-abortion.

If you don't think you can stomach the video description of abortion, then I still recommend watching the second videos in that list. The doctor is interviewed and explains among other things why he stopped doing abortions. Or if you want to read his testimony outside of an interview layout, you can read it here, it covers several of the same things in the interviews but both speech recorded and the video interview highlight a few different details that add to his decision to never to perform abortions again.

https://www.priestsforlife.org/testimonies/1127-testimony-of-dr-anthony-levatino---former-abortion-provider
Posted by Not_Now.Soon, Sunday, 26 May 2019 11:30:13 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
NNS,

I have said my piece, and I understand that we could never agree, for you are fixated on the life of the unborn, where I am bound to give due consideration to the life and worth of the woman whose life could be so damaged, so unimaginable, that she sees no option but to go through the certain distress and trauma of an abortion, a termination to the life she is fully aware she carries, and whose future she must weigh carefully and caringly in view of her circumstances, present and projected.

As for the surgery involved, how might this compare with a heart-lung transplant - both of which are embarked upon with full comprehension of the potential outcome for the patient, physically and emotionally.

Of course I care about the unborn, but I also may not close my eyes to the needs and interests of the woman bearing an ill-conceived and unwanted pregnancy. Nor may I disregard her determination of the likely or potential circumstances of the life she carries.
This can only be her decision - without fear, subjugation, interference or coercion.

Due to nature's imperatives, women must endure considerably more in this life than could reasonably be regarded as a fair share, and on this basis alone deserve far better consideration than we generally see being offered.

It is past time that society and religion gave women their rightful due, and recognized their fundamental (and God given, if you like) right to the control of their bodies and their sexuality.

God's children on this Earth have much to answer for, and by far the major perpetrators of evil are, and have been, men.

In a truly enlightened world, the constructs of 'Religion', as declared and delivered almost exclusively by men, would surely be subject to clear and detailed review - preferably by a council of learned women.

I wish you all well, and don't forget, God created Man and Woman, and, as God is infallible, all the myriad variant forms of such construction must be held to be intentional, beautiful, and of equal worth.
Posted by Saltpetre, Monday, 27 May 2019 2:10:06 AM
To Saltpetre,

You're likely right that we won't agree. However hear my peace as well. My fixation is not just on the unborn, it's on life in general. That includes many of the struggles that abortion is used as a solution for because a baby is placed into the equation, and it also includes the struggles that suicide is used as a solution because of the struggle, the pain, or the raw emotions that run quick and deep, or long and bleed a person dry. In the same way that I do not view suicide as an option, I also do not think that abortion should be an option. The issues that cause an abortion to be considered don't go away when the baby is gone. All that happens is that the baby is gone. The difference here is that I don't think death should be the first option pushed, or ever an option pushed unless there was a great crime committed that deserves a death penalty. We should seek out how to resolve the issues that face women with having to kill an unborn child.

As for the difference between an abortion procedure, and a heart bypass, surgically removing cancer, or donating and receiving an organ, I'll give two differences.

1) the patient is told what will be happening on the other procedures. They are informed of the risks even if the doctor recommends it. Abortion isn't described in detail unless you find the information from pro life sources.

2) the child in the womb is not part of the woman's body and is not an organ.
Posted by Not_Now.Soon, Monday, 27 May 2019 3:22:55 AM
To Saltpetre,

You also challenge me and those in my demographic based on being a man and being a Christian. I'll do you one more. I'm also white. Must mean I'm a horrible person. Watch your tone and the narrative you are drawing from for the challenges based on those demographics. I've grown up with the push that because of at least one of those three demographics that my opinion doesn't matter, and my voice should be silenced. (Unless I actually agree with a woman, a different religious or political position, or if I agree with a different race. Then my opinion is opportunistic in how it doesn't matter, then all of the sudden it's hailed as coming from a "real man"). This is a double standard and full of hypocrisy.

Therefore in the face of hypocrisy, I challenge you as well. You say that you care about the unborn, but you are ok with killing them. Can you really say you care if that is the case? You also speak of equality among the sexes but can you really believe that when so much of your reply was about the evils and harms men have done, and that learned women should be in charge? I give you this critism and these challenges becase the position that I'm a man so my opinion should be silenced unless it agrees leaves a bitter tast in my mouth. But I also want to give you these challenges and critism because it's likely that you don't know how they are a double standard. How can you do better if you are never confronted with how it is wrong.

If you haven't watched the videos, I would recommend it. They are hard, but you can do it. Be educated on the procedures that you are supporting. Don't support it out of ignorance. It's bad enough that the abortion clinics do this to the women they advise and feed into their fears. Don't you do it too.
Posted by Not_Now.Soon, Monday, 27 May 2019 3:29:55 AM

Dear Runner,

In reply to my comment “A baby does not remain a baby all its life …”, you wrote :

« yes Banjo if its fortunate enough not to be butchered »

That could apply to all babies, but I’m sure that’s not what you had in mind. You obviously refer to abortion, the interruption of pregnancy.

As I pointed out in my previous post, a baby is not a baby until the fetus is ejected from the mother’s womb. A baby cannot be aborted because it has already been born. Otherwise, it is not a baby, only a fetus.

By the same token, a baby is not called an adult until it’s at least 18-years-old. Each phase of the life of a human being has its particular appellation. I should be more than a little surprised, for example, if you considered yourself a baby. Though, logically, if you don’t mind calling a fetus a baby why should you mind calling an adult a baby ?

I think most people would find that a bit silly to say the least.

On the other hand, I quite understand that the overwhelming majority of pregnant women who really want to have a baby imagine they already have one in their womb at the first sign of pregnancy. Psychologically, it’s a baby right from the start – even though it might be only a single-cell zygote in their ovary.

It takes about two weeks for the zygote to divide and move to the uterus where it attaches itself as an embryo. It then takes about another six weeks to become a fetus which continues to develop for the remainder of the gestational period until it is rejected from the womb as a baby.

So when is a baby a baby ? When it emerges from the womb and breathes its first breath of fresh air into its lungs and emits its first cry !

Believe me, Runner, you are not a baby. Nor do you have the psychology of a pregnant woman who really wants to have one.

Posted by Banjo Paterson, Monday, 27 May 2019 8:23:39 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy