The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Spiritual supposition > Comments

Spiritual supposition : Comments

By Ian Nance, published 18/4/2019

Some religions fool themselves. Can't they see that personal behavior, ethics, and morality all dwell in the domain of the individual?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
I accept responsibility for what I do but not for how I was made !
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 23 April 2019 8:21:30 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Galen,

<<"It has served us well, this myth of Christ“ One from a former Pope amongst others.>>

Even the skeptics are skeptical about that quote: http://skeptics.stackexchange.com/questions/30416/did-pope-leo-x-say-that-christianity-is-a-fable

It has been explained:

"Although the quote is commonly attributed without source documentation to Pope Leo X, it is believed to have originated in a satirical piece titled “The Pageant of the Popes” by a Protestant controversialist named John Bale (1495–1563). Bale wrote: “For on a time when a Cardinall Bembus did move a question out of the Gospell, the Pope gave him a very contemptuous answer saying: ‘All ages can testifie enough howe profitable that fable of Christe hath ben to us and our companie.’” http://www.catholic.com/qa/did-pope-leo-x-say-it-has-served-us-well-this-myth-of-christ
Posted by OzSpen, Tuesday, 23 April 2019 8:45:27 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The christophobes are out in force. Always mocking the One they claim not to believe in. Quite ironic.
Posted by runner, Tuesday, 23 April 2019 9:37:06 AM
To Individual.

No one can accept responsibility for how they were made. No more then they can accept responsibility for being born or for the moment of conception and any details that happened between their parents. A smaller amount of responsibility is on how a person grows. The world is bigger then the baby, the child, even the adult. Much of who we are are because of the good and the bad of the environments that we grew up in.

But we all have a choice. A choice of life and death, as well as a number of many other choices throughout life. A poor person with a lot of responsibility has more limited choices then a rich person bragging about how they made it all on their own. But both people have the choice to seek God, find Him, and accept Him; as well as the choice to not. That has always been a choice. You're not made to disbelieve, nor are you made programmed to believe. Seeking God and finding Him is a choice. A responsibility that we all have.

Of the things people say they have no choice about, possibly the way you were made. I would say that even those there is a limited amount of choice. I know at least one person who avoids alcohol to the point of avoiding being social like he use to be. It's a choice to choose to not be an alcoholic by avoiding the situation entirely instead entering a situation that is hard for him to refuse a drink. I wish more people had the sense to do what my friend does, by knowing their weaknesses instead of walking into a situation they often fail to make good choices in.
Posted by Not_Now.Soon, Tuesday, 23 April 2019 10:02:03 AM
NNS I don’t need to acknowledge let alone believe in a ‘Jesus’ or God to be a good person with strong morals and values. These traits long predate your religion and it’s mantra. You can’t claim these traits solely when they are clearly evident in other societies and religions.

Your beliefs are just that ‘yours’ don’t try to push them onto others, it’s hypocritical and arrogant and additionally, who gave you the moral authority to do so?

I am fine without all your assumptions of a Christ, God etc.

Whatever is in your head should stay there for your own moral direction you just don’t need to share it.

Simple
Galen
Posted by Galen, Tuesday, 23 April 2019 11:34:05 AM
'NNS I don’t need to acknowledge let alone believe in a ‘Jesus’ or God to be a good person with strong morals and values.'

yep no doubt Hitler agreed with you Galen.
Posted by runner, Tuesday, 23 April 2019 11:36:24 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy