The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Turkey right to be angry at ANZAC aggression > Comments

Turkey right to be angry at ANZAC aggression : Comments

By John Williams, published 25/3/2019

The defence on the Western Front is a far more fitting memorial for our military than the aggression of ANZAC.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
It's highly unlikely that anyone with “anti-Muslim views” would air them in Turkey or any other Muslim country - if they bothered to go there in the first place. The Turkish president is politician and, therefore, a windbag, drumming up support for votes while he still has to allow people the vote. He is a nasty piece of work, and would be so even if he wasn't a Muslim. Totally ignoring him would have been the best action from a strong, conservative Australian politician. Unfortunately, we have Scott Morrison.

We have no reason to concern ourselves with Turkey or a madman who dreams of being the Caliph of a Muslim world. We have no reason to be traipsing over to Gallipoli year after year to 'honour’ ANZACS who were soundly beaten by Turks defending their country, and by incompetent Pommy generals. We dishonour our old soldiers with multiculturalism, mass immigration, Muslim immigration, SSM, gender-bending, and selling our country to foreigners.

Anzac day, emotional trips to Gallipoli by virtue signallers who rubbish Australia for the rest of the year, are hypocritical and disgusting insults to the men who died for what we are now discarding every day of the week.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 25 March 2019 9:06:29 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Oh, the Turks were just poor little hobbits leading a life of peace, love and mung beans before the nasty, cruel warmongering Australians invaded "their" land, hey?

After their conversion to Islam, the Ottoman Turks were probably the most warlike and war happy race on the planet for a very long time. The Ottoman Turks have been trying to conquer Europe for about 800 years. Istanbul is actually Constantinople, which the Ottomans took from the eastern Roman empire in order to cut off European trade with China and isolate Europe economically. They were responsible for the crusades, when they prohibited Christian pilgrims from visiting the Holy Land, causing Christian forces to finally strike back. They got to the gates of Vienna twice and were driven back. In one of their campaigns to conquer Europe using their navy, they were defeated at the battle of Djerba, one of the most important naval battles in history. Had they not been defeated, all of Europe may have become entirely Muslim.

Around 1 million Europeans were sold s slaves in the slave markets of Constantinpople. They massacred millions in the Balkans. The Ottomans almost conquered all of the Muslim Midle East, before being driven back by allied forces.

It is a great pity that the brilliant sea and land campaign thought up by Winston Churchill had not succesed and driven the turks right out of Europe and into Anatolia. The naval battle came within an inch of being won and was only repulsed when the British Admiral in charge got cold feet. So too, the ANZAC forces came very close to capturing the heights and had they done so, they would have knocked the Turks right out of the war.

Turkey is now a threat to Europe again, and ironically, even to it's Arab neighbours. It is now ruled by a dictator who wishes to once more recreate the Turkish empire. The only question is, which way will Edrogan go? North into Russia? West into Europe? or South into Arab and Kurdish lands?
Posted by LEGO, Monday, 25 March 2019 9:52:29 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Emphatically disagree.

This commentary is so far off the mark as to be in orbit. The ANZA memorial service also honours the courageous Turks who fought an honourable war, but on the losing side.

This sort of thing stirs resentment for a far distant historical event that cannot ever be altered, just learned from!? In essence, some principles cannot ever be shelved! Or allow a madman with an unbelievable insatiable lust for power to have any!

Or get away with annexing the sovereign territory of any other nation! Least we also be deprived of our rights or freedom and worse! Which is the ultimate end game of not acting soon enough and with courage!

Were I contemplating a visit to Turkey any time soon I'd cancel those plans or any thought of doing any business whatsoever with that nation, at least as long as the sabre rattling Turkish Tyrant continues to try and rewrite history, foment hatred and rage for quite blatant political purpose!
And urge all clear thinking folk/well-led democracies to do likewise!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Monday, 25 March 2019 10:18:37 AM
Lego's presentation of the history is correct.
No point trying to say it is a far distant historical event.

You can see the echos of it in Eastern European attitudes to the
Islamic migrants. Hungary says that they remember the Ottoman Islamic
occupation and do not want it to return. After all their parents told
them about it. Only babies of that time would be alive now.
In historic terms it is not all that long since the Turks invaded
Anatolia which was a Greek and Armenian province, and people either
have forgotten or were never taught that Turkey occupied Greece and
still claims it as part of Turkey.
Posted by Bazz, Monday, 25 March 2019 5:37:09 PM
If I had to guess, I presume John Williams got up one morning and asked himself the question "How can I think up something that will display to the world how much I hate my own country and support minorities?" That is what hipsters love to do. The intent is, to show how different you are from the rest of the population by always taking a non conformist worldview on everything.

John settled on the ANZAC liberation of Turkey from Islamic oppression to push his barrow. This is how lefties work. They take a superficial look at a historical events and decide that it is a clear case of Western oppression against poor, peace loving Muslims, and they run with it.

No need to ever look at it in the context of history. Australia invaded poor little Turkey. Therefore, Australia is the Great Satan. All Australians must now sign a new "sorry book" and abase ourselves at the feet of Muslims for being so cruel to these wonderful peace loving people.

I asked in my last post "which way will Edrogan go" to create his new Ottoman Empire? My guess is south into Arabia but he could also go west into Europe. Because European societies today are just full of John Williams and Aiden B. clones who despise the countries they choose to live in. I can just see John and Aiden posing together for their Instagram selfies in front of the Turkish embassy while signing the "sorry book." It is all about being non conformist and virtue signaling grandstanding. THAT is the important thing. To hell with your own country and people.

Edrogan has probably figured out that Europe is once again ripe for take over. He addressed a crowd of Turkish "immigrants" in Germany and told them to remember that they were Turks, not Germans. He probably can't believe that there are people in western countries like Australia who idolize ex ISIS traitors like David Hicks. I am sure that John and Aiden love David too. Why, it is just so cool to do so, man.
Posted by LEGO, Tuesday, 26 March 2019 2:23:24 AM
What a load of bollocks.

The fact that Turkey with Germany were the aggressors in the war seems to elude this apologist. That Turkey was fighting the Russians and the allies in Palestine shows that they had plenty of blood on their hands too.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Tuesday, 26 March 2019 3:05:40 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy