The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Liberals not liberal > Comments

Liberals not liberal : Comments

By David Leyonhjelm, published 12/2/2019

In any other country, a ‘liberal’ defends individual rights against encroaching police powers.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
I don't know why people waste their time with posts by David Leyonhjelm as I have stated before I have gone back looking at his history and never seen one reply to anyone here.

Typical politician.
Posted by Philip S, Monday, 18 February 2019 1:48:55 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Philip S,

<<I don't know why people waste their time with posts by David Leyonhjelm as I have stated before I have gone back looking at his history and never seen one reply to anyone here. Typical politician.>>

Libertarian David Leyonhjelm is not the only writer for OLO who does not engage further in the 'Comments' on his articles.

I noticed recently that Rowan Forster's excellent article on Jesus' resurrection did not have any comments by him in the 36 Comments. See: http://www.onlineopinion.com.au/view.asp?article=20146

Some authors choose not to engage with the posters after the article is published. However, Leyonhjelm has written a lot of articles for OLO and if he doesn't reply to any of the comments, that is a concern for lack of involvement about agreement with or challenges to his values - in my understanding.
Posted by OzSpen, Monday, 18 February 2019 7:51:57 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
OzSpen Quote "I noticed recently that Rowan Forster's excellent article on Jesus' resurrection did not have any comments by him in the 36 Comments."

** That is one article, David Leyonhjelm has never replied on ANY thread I have seen, not any article but anything he or someone using his name has posted. **

Big difference.
Posted by Philip S, Monday, 18 February 2019 6:09:53 PM
It is frightening indeed that none of the big parties cares for individual freedom. They both advance a police state which could hit anyone of us at random.

While the article in general is correct, one example is not: same sex marriages. Nothing prevented same-sex couples from marrying to begin with and it ought not be the state's role to conduct or register marriages.

It is sad that the senator is now leaving us and the good fight.

A ridiculous amount of emphasis has been laid on the classic economic feud, the Left-Right stupid thing, so the big parties can seem to constantly quarrel over this minor issue in parliament while in fact they are there to exercise power over the ordinary small people and quash our individual freedoms. Sadly, the author's party has sided with one side (the so-called 'Right'), thus alienating many freedom-loving people from the economic Left-Centre. There should instead be one strong and united party that is a voice for freedom while remaining neutral on economic matters.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Sunday, 3 March 2019 2:54:17 PM
Yuyutsu,

<<It is sad that the senator (Leyonhelm) is now leaving us and the good fight.>>

Could it be that he has a negative chance of retaining his federal Senate seat while he may have a better chance in the Upper House of NSW?

I can't imagine his leaving the Senate cross bench if he had an even chance of winning at the election in May.
Posted by OzSpen, Sunday, 3 March 2019 5:55:01 PM
Dear OzSpen,

I am not a mind-reader!

I just hope for a strong individual+religious freedom-loving party in parliament that does not limit itself by anachronistic Left-Right class-war dogmas.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Sunday, 3 March 2019 6:07:32 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy