The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Vale Liberals forever > Comments

Vale Liberals forever : Comments

By Everald Compton, published 28/11/2018

For more than half its life, since Fraser seized power, the Liberal Party has been dying.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All
Aw shucks, Foxy. I thought that paraphrasing your post would get a better response from you than that.

I was hoping to cross swords with you and begin your deprograming process. I think that you are smart enough to salvage. A bit uppity, but that comes natural with every social justice warrior.

But tell me, every time you see some lunatic lefty shutting down debates by pulling fire alarms, demanding that Gert Weelders should be banned from Australia, Lauren Southern should not get an entry visa, and Milo should be silenced with violence and intimidation, don't you get weeny bit worried that your ideology is the same as those lunatics?

Intelligent people throughout history have instinctively mistrusted those who demand that others must not listen to other people's ideas. Smart people want to hear both sides and they greatly resent being prevented from making up their own minds. A belief in free speech is pre requisite for claiming a triple figure IQ'.

I mean, do you really identify with those loonies who claim that gender is a social construct, and who demand that they be spoken to with gender neutral pronouns? How about open borders? It is now an observable fact that allowing third world people into first world countries results in ethnic suburban ghettoisation. With the result that first world suburbs become third world suburbs filled with third world people, with third world crime rates and third world social problems.

This must be the first time in history that a privileged university educated minority think that is fashionable to destroy the very civilisation that they live in
Posted by LEGO, Thursday, 29 November 2018 6:19:07 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
LEGO,

I enjoyed your very entertaining paraphrasing.
I appreciate your opinions and of
course I welcome your comments. As for crossing
swords with you? I don't think that I could argue
with your logic.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 29 November 2018 10:18:18 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yair, Foxy. I am a hard act to follow.
Posted by LEGO, Sunday, 2 December 2018 6:50:59 PM
Lego

Some of your comments fit directly into the Liberal Party as it is now. The extreme right state, it is our way or the highway. With the NEG, whether right or wrong, it was debated in the Party room and there appeared to be consensus. It was later undermined by the extreme right.

The other matter of interest is that earlier the Liberal Party in NSW voted for political representatives be picked by the grass routes members of an electorate. The motion to make a such a change had been promoted by Abbott. There were worries about Craig Kelly through the perceived damage he could do to the Party which led to the Executive endorsing Kelly. So the grass roots members of Kelly's electorate were disendorsed.

A split in the Liberal Party is a distinct possibility through the antagonism between the extreme right and more moderate members of the Liberal Party.
Posted by ant, Wednesday, 5 December 2018 9:23:22 AM
Ant, I think the NEG got dropped because it was belatedly realised
that it would lead to an impossible grid stability problem.
It will, I believe, only be possible to get stability by either
building two coal fired stations in the next 12 months, an impossible
task as I am sure you realise.
I think that if Liddel is closed then we will be in for very frequent
blackouts. There was a report by some organisation, but unfortunately
I missed who it was, that said we could be in for a collapse of the
electrical system. It sounds a bit much to me, but we are going the
wrong way with the system.

It is an education to watch the AEMO Dashboard web page.
Posted by Bazz, Wednesday, 5 December 2018 4:58:04 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy