The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Vale Liberals forever > Comments

Vale Liberals forever : Comments

By Everald Compton, published 28/11/2018

For more than half its life, since Fraser seized power, the Liberal Party has been dying.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
I repeat never listen to your enemies advice as it is never helpful. Foxy, nothing personal but you are as one sided Labour as I am one sided conservative, so!
I will not vote liberal because the party are not attending to what I want. I will vote minor party and LNP will have to accommodate me eventually.
As other posters have pointed out Shorten and his crew will be a total lash up and if they get the recession we have to have then they will be blamed for it and everything changes, again!
Posted by JBowyer, Wednesday, 28 November 2018 6:32:39 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
No. I am not "one-sided" Labor.
As a matter of fact I come from a Liberal
voting family way back. However, as I stated
earlier - the Party has changed enormously.
And it has lost my vote - and will continue
to do so unless their direction and policies
change.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 28 November 2018 6:43:21 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Time for the NATs ganging up with ON & start kicking butt.
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 28 November 2018 6:53:40 PM
In order for them to be able to do that they
need to grow their numbers. Big time.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 28 November 2018 7:14:41 PM
Foxy, I am in sympathy with you, but I think the libs will need to move a bit further left than the centre right. Judging by the overall voting pattern in the Victorian election, the place to win the votes is back in the centre. That is where the younger voters are all heading. That is why the Greens got done. People also want to see practical policies and that is what they actually got from Daniel Andrews. The right wing Liberals have no policies to tackle climate change and most of the pollies in every government lack the engineering knowledge to get their heads around what is needed in a practical sense. It is all very well making targets, but no one has a clue how to meet them.
David
Posted by VK3AUU, Wednesday, 28 November 2018 8:13:48 PM
One policy the Liberal Party could run on is repealing ridiculous laws. If they set a goal of ten per day, and promised to start with the tax code, that would give them a unique selling point, and help them to return to the original spirit of Liberalism.

But as long as the choice remains between an ALP government making bad law to buy votes from the poor, and a Liberal government making bad law to gain support from the rich, neither party can hope to command respect or attract disinterested voters.
Posted by Jon J, Thursday, 29 November 2018 6:11:32 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy