The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Australia's climate policy paralysis is becoming electoral poison > Comments

Australia's climate policy paralysis is becoming electoral poison : Comments

By Neneh Darwin, published 16/10/2018

Current polling indicates the Liberal Party could be facing it's first electoral loss in the the seat in 60 years – and climate change inaction is the number one issue in the minds of voters.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All
The money we currently earn exporting iron ore and coking coal could be more than replaced by exporting the world's cheapest steel made using the world's least expensive energy! Especially if it was all that was on offer? from a conflicted, foreign-owned or controlled, tax avoiding, profit repatriating, price taking, mining industry

Moreover, the lowest costing steel with the lowest carbon footprint!

We could do this now or very soon, all that's is missing is the political will! That's all nothing else! Only mugs of the first water export the finest grade ore and coal then buy it back as twice transported steel, and from a country with around 30% annual wages inflation?

Waring factions and warring political parties are unequipped for the task of running the country, especially when they can't even run themselves.

What I've described above is very possible, given we have the workforce, the technological expertise, the coal and iron ore and all the money we need in a 2.5 trillion dollar super fund, OURS!

So, with all the real bases actually covered, to reiterate, all that is missing to actually address climate change, even as we rebuild our manufacturing sector and manufactured exports/future prosperity. Is AWOL political will, that's all, nothing else.

Something to think about the next time you go to vote or register to vote! Just make sure you put, I'm all right Jack, down at the bottom of the ballot paper!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Tuesday, 16 October 2018 1:01:14 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Amazing the denying luddites are out from under their rocks today.
Posted by ateday, Tuesday, 16 October 2018 1:10:31 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Neneh,
Well I for one couldn't give a toss about climate change, and I still think the best application of climate scientists is to throw them into a active volcano to appease the climate gods.

I question the validity of your Getup! commissioned survey.
I'm calling bs, I don't believe you can take a random sample of 10 people in any electorate and on average 9 of them say Climate Change was their biggest concern.

- My final point -

Can I please have your mailing address?
I'd like to start sending you my power bills.
Since you're responsible for the constant increase in service delivery then I think you should start paying everyone's power bills.

How about apologising to people who couldn't afford to run a heater during this winter, and the elderly who will die over summer from not being able to afford air conditioner or cooler?

I don't care if you think you're doing what's right.
I hold you responsible for the loss of jobs of families struggling to put food on the table with young kids; damage to the economy; and an inability to move more easily to renewables when you shut the nation down; discomfort of the elderly in their final years.

What you actually cause in your bs parade is so unethical and so damaging to our nation that they're aren't words to describe it.

If you think human caused climate change is an issue, then do us all a favour and go kill yourself and do something constructive to deal with the issue instead of your scaremongering and blame game.

I love coal more than I like you.
Coal allowed me to have a life free from living like a neanderthal in the stone age.

All I give a crap about is how this nation is going to LOWER the cost of energy to stay competitive in global trade.
Until you have that solution, don't bother us with your fearmongering rot.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Tuesday, 16 October 2018 1:44:44 PM
Diver

http://science2017.globalchange.go

Armchair Critic

Your very much over the top with your comments.
Without climate change, coal dust and emissions from fossil fuels kill a significant number of people each year. Consider that for awhile without getting abusive.

Your abuse turns people off in relation to understanding why you hold the opinion you do. But, you do not have any science to back up your opinion.

Unless:
What references can you provide?
Posted by ant, Tuesday, 16 October 2018 2:42:32 PM
if people of Wentworth are dumb enough to vote in favour of the gw fraudsters they deserve what they get. Most of the Turnbullites are living far from reality. You can be sure they will enjoy their Bondi Beach lattes no matter what electricity costs are. Of course it will be the pensioners in western sydney and the regions who will have to go without heating in the winter and cooling in the summer to satisfy to egos of the swamp. Electricity prices have already doubled in the last few years thanks largely to massive subsidies for 'renewables'. John Hewson has been a beneficiary of the gw scam for a long time. As for Greenpeace I won't waste my breath or words!
Posted by runner, Tuesday, 16 October 2018 3:01:18 PM
Voters also have an opportunity to do the opposite demonstrate their contempt for the climate scaremongers who are responsible for the dearest electricity in the world.

The “IPCC report this week showing that coal will need to be completely phased out by mid-century… “ is rubbish unless we go nuclear, and there is no indication that that will happen. It is NOT “Australia's responsibility” to go without coal and ruin our economy when big polluters like China and India build more coal power stations. Nothing we do would make a scrap of difference to climate change. Nothing any country does would make a scrap of difference to climate change.

The IPPC is made up of fraudsters.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 16 October 2018 3:53:28 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy