The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The expansion of a religious tyranny > Comments

The expansion of a religious tyranny : Comments

By Peter Sellick, published 11/10/2018

Collins ends his book with ground shaking recommendations that we may not see in our lifetimes but may be the only way to save the Church from itself.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
I think (ultimately), the answer to the Papal dilemma is 42.
Posted by diver dan, Thursday, 11 October 2018 9:01:01 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Where are you on this one YUYUTSU...I'm hanging out for my dose of reality....
Posted by diver dan, Thursday, 11 October 2018 10:56:26 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I'm glad you concluded today's essay with the words, The Church of Rome, Sells. Given that is what it is and has absolutely no resemblance to early esoteric Christianity as founded by Rabbi Jesus Christ.

Where early Christians built no grand edifices to glorify God. And simply met in one another homes to share and break bread, drink wine, as their only "religious meetings/remembrance" Or spoke to crowds on streets, village squares and the like, as their teaching ministry?

Worshipped their God in green Cathedrals as individuals communicating with a higher force, and in awe and wonderment, as they gazed at night skies, that twinkled with more stars than grains of sand on all the beaches of the world.

Today's "Constantine the Great's" Pagan Church, is little more than an extremely Autocratic authoritative movement, stye in the eye of God, swimming in "acquired" wealth and treasure!

That preys on our better angels, I believe, as it disseminates endless misinformation designed for one purpose alone, to extend its power, wealth and influence among a brainwashed from birth, congregation of the faithful?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Thursday, 11 October 2018 11:01:54 AM
What do you think about the tyranny of the Left and the Greens - anti-Christianity, anti-males, anti-whites, tyrannically pushing their CCC religion (Catastrophic Climate Change), anti-free-speach, .... ?
Posted by Peter Lang, Thursday, 11 October 2018 11:32:35 AM
The church however u define it is a mess just like early church as recorded in Scripture. Jesus Christ however is the same yesterday today and forever. No one promoted Him and no o e will demote Him. He will be your Saviour or Judge
Posted by runner, Thursday, 11 October 2018 11:52:27 AM
"I think (ultimately), the answer to the Papal dilemma is 42."

Perhaps...but what's the question?
Posted by mhaze, Thursday, 11 October 2018 1:06:01 PM
mhaze

The questions is subservient to the answer "42".
Posted by diver dan, Thursday, 11 October 2018 2:35:31 PM
'What do you think about the tyranny of the Left and the Greens - anti-Christianity, anti-males, anti-whites, tyrannically pushing their CCC religion (Catastrophic Climate Change), anti-free-speach, .... ?'

god deniers love to worship creation rather than Creator. The denial of their Maker leads to non scientific nonsense like gw. It is virtue signalling usually by people with no moral character. That is why Hollywood picks up on it as well as a lot of the arts.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 11 October 2018 4:46:33 PM
//Perhaps...but what's the question?//

What is six times nine?
Posted by Toni Lavis, Thursday, 11 October 2018 5:01:52 PM
Thanks Peter for an interesting review. I would not have expected anything else from Paul Collins.
Posted by George, Thursday, 11 October 2018 6:55:16 PM
Anthony Lavis-alone...

Answer your own questions, but I'll give you a hint. The number 42 is not some random number. It is historic and significant and relevant to the article.
Posted by diver dan, Thursday, 11 October 2018 9:07:37 PM
may be the only way to save the Church from itself.

Would this be Mankind's only & greatest chance of saving itself if the Church/Religion were indeed to implode ?
I pray it does happen.
Posted by individual, Friday, 12 October 2018 9:18:29 AM
//Anthony Lavis//

Who?
Posted by Toni Lavis, Friday, 12 October 2018 10:09:52 AM
The42
www.the42.ie/
TheJournal.ie is a full participating member of the Press Council of Ireland and supports the Press Ombudsman, Saint Padraig of Inber De Wicklow who was repelled by 42 tribesmen in rainbow tartans .
Posted by nicknamenick, Friday, 12 October 2018 10:52:42 AM
Dear Dan,

«Where are you on this one YUYUTSU...I'm hanging out for my dose of reality....»

I visited Tabgha on the shore of the sea of Galilee, where stands the rock upon which Jesus told Peter: "thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it".

As you can see for yourself, time takes its course and over the many centuries and earthquakes since, this rock has cracked:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-qFYxc_CcOlw/VbI1mCs_RgI/AAAAAAAAfVY/avvN2khXCfE/s1600/4b%2BPrimacy.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-h-suOXlzUEM/VbI1lDSf2fI/AAAAAAAAfVM/Jd3uoECQy-8/s1600/4c%2BPrimacy.jpg

Neither rocks nor religious institutions stand forever, but I have full faith the words of Shri Krishna in the Bhagavad Gita 4:7-8:

"Whenever and wherever there is a decline in religious practice, O descendant of Bharata, and a predominant rise of irreligion–at that time I descend Myself.

In order to deliver the pious and to annihilate the miscreants, as well as to reestablish the principles of religion, I advent Myself millennium after millennium."

- http://sif.yoga/yoga-wisdom/bhagavad-gita-chapter-4-transcendental-knowledge
Posted by Yuyutsu, Friday, 12 October 2018 2:06:12 PM
Yuyutsu,
Jesus was a carpenter not a rock-mason . Your rock is at Galilee but Jesus talked to Peter at Caesarea Philippi 20kms north at Mount Hermon. The Popes didn't build at Galilee , Caesarea Philippi or Kurukshetra.
mayApi ekavAraM draSTavyam
Posted by nicknamenick, Friday, 12 October 2018 2:53:27 PM
Dear Yuyutsu,

I see the following as an expression of complementarity between Western and Eastern religions:

The western attitude is expressed by the words of Yahweh on Sinai: ‘You shall have no other gods before me”; in the Bhagavad Gita, the incarnate god Krishna says, ‘Whatever god a man worships, it is I who answer the prayer.’" (http://www.halexandria.org/dward211.htm).

Since Christianity’s “incarnate god” is Jesus, I see it also as a good expression of complementarity between the Old and New Testaments.
Posted by George, Saturday, 13 October 2018 2:19:40 AM
There is no god but Allah , the Rainbow Serpent . So Guthi-guthi came down with a roar like thunder and banged on the mountain and the mountain split open. Weowie the water serpent came out.
Posted by nicknamenick, Saturday, 13 October 2018 8:03:00 AM
Dear George,

Yes, some methods of worship require exclusivity - Hinduism has no problem with this.

Many Hindus believe that Jesus was an incarnation of God, meaning that he was already enlightened at birth, while others believe that he only became enlightened during his lifetime. Obviously I am in no position to tell which was the case.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Saturday, 13 October 2018 8:20:26 PM
Yuyutsu,
Jesus became enlightened unlike so many of our over educated nowadays.
Now enlightenment is frowned upon by the academic elite, hence the annihilation of common sense by these social engineers.
Posted by individual, Sunday, 14 October 2018 4:32:22 PM
"A law in Breslau in 1267 said that since Jews had stopped wearing the pointed hats they used to wear, this would be made compulsory."
"The Fourth Council of the Lateran of 1215 ruled that Jews and Muslims must be distinguishable by their dress , the rationale given being: ".., in error Christians have sexual intercourse with Jewish or Saracen women, and Jews and Saracens have intercourse with Christian women. In order that the crime of such an accursed mingling shall not in future have an excuse and an evasion under the pretext of error, we resolve that (Jews and Saracens) of both sexes in all Christian lands shall distinguish themselves publicly from other people by their dress."

When shopping or departing from church on Sunday people could have safe intercourse and mingle at will . Jews and Saracens flocked in groups with pointed hats knowing exactly who their intercourse partner was. Logically although socks could be removed, hats couldn't.
Posted by nicknamenick, Monday, 15 October 2018 10:03:08 AM
'When shopping or departing from church on Sunday people could have safe intercourse and mingle at will . Jews and Saracens flocked in groups with pointed hats knowing exactly who their intercourse partner was. Logically although socks could be removed, hats couldn't.'

just don't wear a red hat saying make America great again. It will cause violent manifestation from loonies who are totally irrational. Most of them happen to be god deniers.
Posted by runner, Monday, 15 October 2018 11:33:13 AM
“This is the single greatest witch hunt of a politician in American history!” President Donald Trump tweeted with devil sign fingers, revealing a pointed hat beneath his great American cap. With all his staff on trial , executed or excommunicated , he swept the fakes out with his broom and cursed China , Mexicans , Canadians and Hilary the witch in jail.
Posted by nicknamenick, Monday, 15 October 2018 12:53:26 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy