The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The death of the investigative journalist: Channel Nine’s takeover of Fairfax > Comments

The death of the investigative journalist: Channel Nine’s takeover of Fairfax : Comments

By Binoy Kampmark, published 2/8/2018

Marks, in slanting the emphasis towards generating revenue, ignores the actual practice of meaningful, investigative journalism.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
We don't want investigative Journalism. Because that might expose stuff we are not supposed to see?

Like official corruption or outright incompetence in civic officialdom?

Or the shameful negligence that literally allows annual hundreds to die horrible deaths from curable cancer, sent home to die because of an official boycott or prohibition, of Thorium>bismuth213!

Arguably that one remaining hope is radioisotope oncology, i.e., Alpha particle isotope Bismuth 213.

Attached to an antibody that sends it straight to the cancer cells without as demonstrated in numerous trails, any significant damage to the healthy cells! The cancer cells destroyed in literal minutes!

Including death sentence myeloid leukaemia, pancreatic cancer, ovarian cancer, and some very nasty brain cancers, where the average lifespan from diagnoses to death, averaging just 14 months, only 2% surviving past five years!

Stage four ovarian cancer cured with Bismuth213 as demonstrated by clinical trials in Europe as far back as 2006!

Yet we here in this country still send hundreds home to die annually in absolute devastating misery and grief, who otherwise would be sent into, complete remission!

The annual preventable death toll from this one cancer is, I'm informed, greater than the annual road toll! Ditto brain cancer which similarly has remained stubbornly incurable for over three decades here!

Even though the world has had thorium and its' derivative, Bismuth for over fifty years!

Not so much as a peep out of alleged investigate Journalism who instead look for rapacious scandal or sensationalism sometimes so far away from here and real bread and butter issues!?

That it makes one wonder WHF's wrong with these folk and their, I believe, asinine or channelled priorities, or quite distinct lack or normal human empathy, Binroy.

Why is it left to social media and too few voices in the journalistic wilderness, to break these shameful facts and against an absolute mountainous misinformation tide of obtuse or Quite deliberate, demonstrably mendacious antinuclear activism!?

Genuine Investigative Journalism, I believe, died many years ago.

RIP investigative and courageous investigative Journalism!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Thursday, 2 August 2018 10:30:57 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
As someone who was retrenched from the Australian Financial Review two years ago, I think I have the right to say that this article makes about as much sense as any of the others I have seen on this issue. Sure it would be great to have greater diversity of opinions and more investigative journalism, but who is going to pay for those things?

The basic problem is that the advertising which paid for those public services have gone online, while the traditional media, in Australia, at least, was still structured and regulated as if it had rivers of gold from classified advertising. If Binoy Kampmark has a workable solution to that basic problem then let's hear it. As matters stand the Fairfax-Nine merger may allow major newspaper brands, already just shadows of their former selves, stagger along for a while yet without having to stop printing on certain days (this has been suggested). Just how much diversity of opinion we get under this model, as opposed to any other model, is a matter of argument, but we are better off if these newspapers can remain in their present form.

I'm sorry to see Fairfax go, but just as when I was told to pack up, as part of a really savage round of retrenchments, I just don't see what else can be done.
Posted by curmudgeonathome, Thursday, 2 August 2018 10:40:33 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Still talking about ‘Yes Minister’?

Fairfax went broke and put itself out of business because it persisted in Left wing propaganda, alarmism and lies. They committed suicide. Good riddance. There was nothing ‘investigative’ or ‘meaningful’ on their agenda. They were helped on their way by the ABC, which produces the same sort of crap without paywalls and a billion dollars from taxpayers. News Corporation will probably peter out soon as well. The ‘popular press’ just isn’t popular anymore.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 2 August 2018 10:51:37 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What a delight to read this Article... Fairfax or The Guardian or ,especially , their ABC would be proud of it !

My Thanks for confirming what I have long suspected , that " Investigative Journalism " is just another name for Left Wing Propaganda. I should have guessed because it all emanates from the Soviet Collectives that run Fairfax , The Guardian and of course, their ABC.

Fairfax failed for two reasons.

Firstly the Board surrendered the Newspapers content to the Collective of Journalists who then proceeded to turn the News into "Comment","Opinion " and Propaganda.... none of which is notable for its accuracy honesty or relevance.

Secondly , by producing this far Left/Green muck , Fairfax managed to alienate well over 50% of it's potential readership, who simply stopped supporting them.

Result , Subscriptions drooped dramatically over the years ,and , as any person with a business brain knows .. the volume of readership is related to the amount that Advertisers will spend !

However , the decline was of no concern to the Collective , that wasn't their problem , was it? Now that the proverbial have come home to roost , the noise begins on what a loss they will be.

No , they will not be a loss at all , not in the slightest .

Their fellow travellers over at the Australian Broadcasting Collective will continue the good work , in fact , with the extra former Fairfax Journalists on staff , their ABC should be able to ramp up production ! ABC Children's productions may have to be curtailed , but , hey , we haven't watched those Bananas in years !.

That is , until their ABC , itself , is broken up and most of it is sold off.

Assuming that anyone is stupid enough to buy that Turkey !
Posted by Aspley, Thursday, 2 August 2018 12:30:51 PM
no tears over the loss of marxist ideology. If only we could stop paying billions to the abc to report their anti white male hatred, their pseudo science climate ideology, their hatred of Israel, their hatred of the normal family etc etc.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 2 August 2018 1:19:59 PM
Come on Binoy, investigative journalism disappeared at the same time as the copy boy.

First all journalists became uni graduates, so all brainwashed by the lefty rubbish there. Then it became a profession for young ladies, good at English at high school.

This has led to the state today, where a story about some yank kid who stubbed his toe on a rock in Nevada can make the evening news in Oz. I believe they call this crap human interest.

So now we have a journalist resume requires something like this. Female. Long straight blonded hair. Must be able to type, & talk to a camera. Must be totally naïve, on a par with most economists.

They will not be missed.
Posted by Hasbeen, Thursday, 2 August 2018 1:36:40 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy