The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > And now for something completely different... > Comments

And now for something completely different... : Comments

By Russell Grenning, published 5/7/2018

Stop me if you've heard this one...a BBC executive with the marvellously Orwellian title of Controller of Comedy Commissioning walked into this newspaper interview.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. All
//You see, to care means to actually care not just pretending to care.//

Oh right, I don't really care about people, I just pretend to care. If I really cared, I'd get behind the tories robbing the poor to pay the rich, golden shower economics, negative gearing, tax cuts for the big banks... all that sort of crap. If I really cared I'd vote for the Coalition, am I right?

But obviously I don't really care, but I'm too busy being worried about people at the bottom of the heap being given a fair day's pay for a fair day's work, and not seeing that fair day's pay being ripped from their wallets by greedy energy providers. I'm too bothered that we're importing skilled migrants when we have Aussies we could train to have those skills, thus avoiding the need for imports. I'm too bothered about the ever growing gap between rich and poor and this country, and the social divisions that will inevitably rise from growing inequality. So I don't really care, which is why I vote Labor.

I guess I could try to care more... but if involves embracing tory values, I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a rusty fork. Tories are ankles - they're about three foot lower than a cünt.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Tuesday, 10 July 2018 5:35:32 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It means caring about the most vulnerable in society
Toni Lavis,
That's what it's supposed to mean, but actions from the Left have proven otherwise over the decades since Goaf.
btw. you're confusing Tories with Lefties.
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 10 July 2018 6:28:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
//That's what it's supposed to mean, but actions from the Left have proven otherwise over the decades since Goaf.//

Again, I have to ask for details.

I'm completely in the dark here as to what you think was so awful about Whitlam, beyond the fact that his name was Whitlam, or what these horrible things the left have done are supposed to be.

I'm starting to think that you've never really put too much thought into it yourself... that's it's just something you've been taught but never questioned.

//btw. you're confusing Tories with Lefties.//

No, no I'm not. The tories are definitely the ones in favour robbing the poor to pay the rich, golden shower economics, tax cuts for big banks, importing foreign workers instead of training Aussies because 'it's good for the economy'.

But I'm starting to think that you either know that already and are just playing dumb in an effort to troll me, or you really are too thick to understand fairly basic political concepts like the broad differences betwixt the left and right wings.

I'm leaning towards the latter. I suspect that at some formative point in your life, you got it into your head that the left were the enemy and the right were your mates. And since that time, that is how you've categorised things: things that you like are good sound conservative Liberal values, things that you don't are nasty hateful lefty Labor values. And by extension anything that the Liberals say is good and sound, and anything that Labor says is anathema.

Never mind how their policies affect the poor bastards at the bottom of the heap... if the Liberals say that paying the poor less so that the wealthy can have more is actually helping the poor, it must be true.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Tuesday, 10 July 2018 8:56:26 PM
Toni, I'm not sure it's as simple as you say.
Because politics today have morphed into one big cesspool.
It is difficult to tell them apart.
They are so entrenched in corruption and self interest, that it's a wonder we, the public get a look in at all.
Take this current bill about splitting the banks back into the two original structures, such as, a savings domestic bank and a commercial investment bank.
The right have pushed against it because Turncoat is an ex bwanker himself.
But what is even more surprising is Shorten, is not pushing it.
He is labour, he is supposed to be for the people, yet he has shied away and is not showing his hand.
They are one big happy dishonest group of people who are above the law, because in their wisdom they make the law, therefore they are the law.
Posted by ALTRAV, Tuesday, 10 July 2018 9:32:42 PM
Toni lavis,
I'm not a Kindergarten teacher nor do I have the patience of one & I don't hold a Blue Card.
You'll never understand because you don't want to understand because understanding would go against your bias & indoctrination. All I can suggest instead of lenghty explanations is to look up integrity & decency & eventually you may, just may grasp it all.
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 11 July 2018 7:35:44 AM
//You'll never understand because you don't want to understand because understanding would go against your bias//

OK, it seems that you're just not bright enough to hold up your end of this conversation. I don't think there's much point in continuing. Have fun with your crackpot beliefs.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Wednesday, 11 July 2018 7:44:56 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy