The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > And now for something completely different... > Comments

And now for something completely different... : Comments

By Russell Grenning, published 5/7/2018

Stop me if you've heard this one...a BBC executive with the marvellously Orwellian title of Controller of Comedy Commissioning walked into this newspaper interview.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Toni Lavis,
I forgot to add that if Pubs were managed by the Pub(lic) Service, there wouldn't be any Pubs, they'd all have gone broke because a beer would be unaffordable to cover the mismanagement expenses.
Posted by individual, Monday, 9 July 2018 9:53:41 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
//This is not about having different views//

Yes, yes it is. Having differing political views is what differentiates tories from lefties. If lefties all agreed with tories, or vice versa, there'd be no distinction betwixt the two.

//Lefties are devoid of those qualities, real Labor supporters aren't.//

Are you kidding me? Most Labor supporters are lefties. There are tory Labor supporters, but not many. Most tories rally under the banner of Libs.

//the ALP is not Labor.//

Sorry, what? The ALP is not the Australian Labor Party? Are you high or something?
Posted by Toni Lavis, Monday, 9 July 2018 11:02:57 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Toni Lavis,
The ALP is not Labor ! The acronym was for Australian Labor Party until 1972.
After Goaf & Co hijacked the sanity component of Labor it became Academic Leeches Party.
Posted by individual, Monday, 9 July 2018 7:19:42 PM
//The ALP is not Labor ! The acronym was for Australian Labor Party until 1972.
After Goaf & Co hijacked the sanity component of Labor it became Academic Leeches Party.//

Are you senile? Because you're not making a whole lot of sense there, mate.

If Labor aren't the Labor Party, who is? The DLP? I'm not sure if they have any sitting members at present, and even if they do the DLP is far cry from what it used to be: these days it's just a bunch of religious right, 'family values' type nutjobs. Far closer to the Rev. Fred Niles' Christian Democrats than any sort of recognisable Labour party.

Whitlam hasn't been an MP for 40 years. Maybe it's time to stop living in the past, mate.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Monday, 9 July 2018 11:56:07 PM
Whitlam hasn't been an MP for 40 years. Maybe it's time to stop living in the past, mate.
Toni Lavis,
I'm trying to escape the past but his legacy still hampers daily life today.
You'll never be prepared to understand because you're too scared to jeopardise your comfort zone in favour of decency for all. I just don't happen to subscribe to your mentality of "I'm alright Jack, stuff you !"
You see, to care means to actually care not just pretending to care. Come back with one of your standard quips when you understand or grow the gonads to understand.
Australia will never recover from Goaf's idealist runaway administration.
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 10 July 2018 7:29:31 AM
//I'm trying to escape the past but his legacy still hampers daily life today.//

Oh? How so? Whitlam was a bit before my time; I'm not entirely sure what policies he implemented and how many of those have been repealed or amended beyond recognition over the last 4 decades.

Which specific Whitlam policies still hamper your daily life today, and how do they hamper it?

//You'll never be prepared to understand//

My, how convenient. Certainly saves you the trouble of making any sort of effort to clarify your ramblings if I'll 'never be prepared to understand'. Very convenient indeed.

//because you're too scared to jeopardise your comfort zone in favour of decency for all. I just don't happen to subscribe to your mentality of "I'm alright Jack, stuff you !"//

Eh, what? I'm starting to get the impression that you don't really know what left-wing means. It means caring about the most vulnerable in society; the 'every man for himself and devil take the hindmost' attitude that you've described is characteristic of tories. I don't share those values. I'm not sure why you think that I do. At what point have I ever said 'stuff you' to those less fortunate than myself?
Posted by Toni Lavis, Tuesday, 10 July 2018 5:34:48 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy