The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Let’s kill welfare > Comments

Let’s kill welfare : Comments

By Everald Compton, published 3/7/2018

Around a decade from now, robots will be our prime source of productivity and we will lose control of them as robots will produce more robots without human input.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Hi Aiden,
I've just jumped on the keyboard rather than my phone for this reply.

I'm going to start where you started:
"To create enough jobs, there's a limit to how much can be done..."

I want to jump in to firstly counter your argument with this:

"There's a limit to how much can be done - if you restrict yourself to not thinking outside the box".
Furthermore, "If you only think about this problem in the way you've trained yourself to think economically, you're not going to find a solution."

I don't need more money from the private sector, and I don't need to abandon balancing budgets.

All I need do is modify policies and make current spending more efficient.
"Its not what you've got it's how you use it."

Whats the current Welfare expenditure?
35% of our total budget?
Posted by Armchair Critic, Thursday, 5 July 2018 12:34:39 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
well wouldn't that just follow Americas liability of liberties. How about we get Donald Trump to run Australia through Tony Abbott?

So that the 1% that own the majority of the worlds wealth has a total strangle hold on the worlds goings on's, so it could finally became the 1% dictatorship that we all don't want it to become.

Free will; I don't know you. I only know of you. If I ever knew myself at all. Say what you mean and mean what you say is not mean it's meant from the heart. Sometimes we need to be cruel to be kind, but don't forget the golden rule.
Posted by 2far4u2, Thursday, 5 July 2018 10:12:39 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Armchair,
If you make spending more efficient and not increase spending, you will get more done but not employ more people.

I'm all for efficiency, but it is not a substitute for spending.

As for current welfare expenditure, take a look at http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-05-08/federal-budget-2018-sliced-diced-interactive/9723604#spending/breakdown/2019/social-security-and-welfare to see how much they're spending and what they're spending it on.
Posted by Aidan, Thursday, 5 July 2018 11:08:38 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
So is it any wonder that the break down in communication has escalated to where we all stand within the united nations today throughout the world it's all so over governed with all sorts of taxes, fees, rates and insurances with foreign deficits still looming over our children's future putting our air and water quality at risk because of our blatant disregarded upon nature which affects the essentials of life that are becoming more so prevalent with obvious climate change.

Religion and beliefs over time corrupt their own fundamental principles, when they try to become a governing force. People then break away and create their own governing rule.

All religions and beliefs belong between the people and governing rule. Credibility is kept in check of both positions of authority at the people's discretion.

So how is it that the leaders of the towers of Babel (established religions and beliefs of today) have so much wealth and treasures while people are starving to death? So many wealthy individuals upon the tree of monkeys (today's worldwide economics') would pay billions for these trinkets as to say the least about the wealth held under the authority of all religious leaders. And the doors structures of worship are closed to the homeless people freezing on the streets.

While extremists intentionally pick up that big stick to defend any integrity that is left of any book/text about any sort of existence creator. The complete truth of any war; "it's not about who was right. It's about who is left" While philosophy and psychology continue to sift through the bias recordings of history left by the victors.

The tongue is as a double-edged sword it cuts both ways. Practicing; Empathy, Humility, Sympathy and Cooperation throughout life, creates an understanding of the surroundings that we are subjected to, doing this teaches us to talk to each other, so we can speak with each other and not at each other.
Posted by 2far4u2, Thursday, 5 July 2018 11:30:19 AM
Welcome, 2far4u2!

«Religion and beliefs over time corrupt their own fundamental principles, when they try to become a governing force»

Spot on!

You will find that many participants here want the separation of church and state in order to protect citizens from religion - but I want it no less, in order to protect religion from corruption.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Friday, 6 July 2018 12:35:47 AM
35% of our total budget?
Armchair Critic,
If you really want to go down to the nitty gritty of the definition of welfare then you'll find it'll be closer to 50%.
Take into account the benefits, allowances etc that everyday worker don't get then this rate just goes up.
The biggest welfare of all is negative gearing because it can reach ten's millions for just a few.
Posted by individual, Friday, 6 July 2018 11:02:01 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy