The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > No offence: but you’re going to hell > Comments

No offence: but you’re going to hell : Comments

By Justin Campbell, published 17/4/2018

While pressuring corporations to pull their sponsorship to censor controversial views may not be an attack on free speech, it creates a culture that's hostile to it.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Free speech has been trashed by homosexuals. Great step forward....Not!
Posted by diver dan, Tuesday, 17 April 2018 10:11:30 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
There is too much emphasis on free speech:

Freedom is about the ability to actually live in your own way on your own premises, rather than the ability to scream as much as you like in public space because nobody would be listening anyway.

There is nothing wrong about regulating public space and making is safe and hassle-free for everyone, so long as you can do whatever you want in private.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Tuesday, 17 April 2018 10:11:52 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Qantas thinks it can dictate to other organisations now, does it?. Qantas can tell its staff what to do and what to think? A rugby player is asked a straight question, but he is supposed to give a crooked answer: lie in other words? And, homosexually inspired Qantas is threatening to deny sponsorship to rugby. What was that about big business joining big government in the totalitarian control of the masses?

I will be withdrawing my sponsorship from Qantas - there are plenty of other airlines and, if the sudden dive amid dangling oxygen masks the other day is any indication, Qantas won't be able to claim its great safety record much longer.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 17 April 2018 10:49:04 AM
QANTAS and it's somewhat 'odd' Irish CEO who by happenstance, leads the Homosexual Airline of the world! Can go to Cork or somewhere. There's always been something about that bloke that pushes my buttons, as such I always avoid Qantas whenever possible.
Posted by o sung wu, Tuesday, 17 April 2018 11:15:11 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It's their money and they can do what they like with it. I'm surprised at all you Tories who are so eager to abandon this basic principle of capitalism.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Tuesday, 17 April 2018 12:44:00 PM
Sure, they can put their money where they like, and so can passengers. This comment comes from someone who doesn't know anything about business, where it is a very foolish idea to insult customers and tell them what they should be thinking. As I said, there are plenty of other airlines who are not pushing homosexuality on their clients, and people don't fly Qantas these just because it's Austryan these days. Particularly he ones who can't pronounce Australian, and who are looking for a good deal.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 17 April 2018 2:19:19 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy